No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love all the Tulsa fans a month ago thinking they were actually gonna be a factor at the end lol.

Still top half pie?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I love all the Tulsa fans a month ago thinking they were actually gonna be a factor at the end lol.

Still top half pie?
      Based on the current standings, yes.

Comment

• If our game is called early enough vs Memphis we could probably play our game @Cinci. They play Sunday and then off until the following Sunday..

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
          If our game is called early enough vs Memphis we could probably play our game @Cinci. They play Sunday and then off until the following Sunday..
          Per Mike Kennedy the positive in the Memphis program was a support staffer not a player. Their game Sunday against Houston is still on so it seems like there’s a decent chance we will still play them Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Per Mike Kennedy the positive in the Memphis program was a support staffer not a player. Their game Sunday against Houston is still on so it seems like there’s a decent chance we will still play them Thursday.
            Depends on how many players were close contacts to that support staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Depends on how many players were close contacts to that support staff
              Also depends on when the contact occurred. Who knows, not something I worry too much about, it is what is nothing we can do but wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Also depends on when the contact occurred. Who knows, not something I worry too much about, it is what is nothing we can do but wait and see.
                Sampson said the Houston/Memphis this weekend is possible but unlikely at this point. My guess is they will be fine by next Thursday but hopefully a little rusty.

Comment

• Comment

• Cincinnati beats UCF at home.

Comment

• Tulane wins at USF

Comment

• Looking at the rest of the season and things are looking really shaky about getting some of those PPD games made up. Earlier Memphis and SMU played two games in three nights each getting one home game. Doing this for our SMU games would likely work. Currently, we are scheduled to play SMU 2/28 with the previous week completely off. SMU plays 2/23. Realistically we might be able to travel to SMU Friday night and then travel back to Wichita for the 2/28 on Sunday. Cincinnati currently has a stretch where they play away 2/24, home 2/26, and home 2/28. So, I guess this sets the precedent that teams can play 3 games in a week. I just don't see how any of this is going to work out in the next ~25 days without legitimately rearranging opponents.

Possible Solutions:
                        1. Play @SMU 2/26 and home 2/28

Comment

• People are saying that we need to play @SMU to make it a Q1 game, so instead of rushing home to play them again, just play them down there on 2/27 and we get another Q1 game.

Comment

• Not a bad idea. I just saw Ole Miss and LSU rescheduled a game for Wednesday that will be the 2nd time LSU plays at Ole Miss this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                              Tulane wins at USF
                              Fugly basketball...

That game had about as much emotion as a popcorn fart, and was just as wretched.
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 14, 2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Some schedule updates:

ECU at WSU 2/21. No game at ECU.
                                SMU at WSU 2/25 6pm ESPN/2
                                WSU at SMU 2/28. 7pm ESPNU

Nothing else changed as of now. Still need that Cincy and Memphis game, but good luck finding a spot to play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X