2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Would love to add him, but alas he would have to sit a year here due to inter-conference rules. The line will be long indeed, just like Douchman's ugly face...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Not sure why you all keep showing this hack. ***** about him but them follow him and retweet him. Just feeding the troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

USF might be fully imploding. Could be a full reset for them. Read through the tweet thread ... not only did a ton of players transfer, now this combined with less than stellar results then also coimbined with the fact that Gregory didn't sign the extension that was presented to him before the year ... lots of doubt here.
        If anyone knows, I'd be interested in knowing what was said. After what was said at Creighton that blew up, it doesn't take much for people to go crazy. OTOH, Gregory should have addressed it with the team afterward, because of the sensitive nature, but it also could be he did address it, and it still blew up. Or it could have been a very bad, racist comment, and he couldn't have made it better, but either way, it should have been addressed by Gregory. Who knows? Our World is just Nuts right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Would love to add him, but alas he would have to sit a year here due to inter-conference rules. The line will be long indeed, just like Douchman's ugly face...
          I didn't think this rule applied to grad transfers (i.e. Alterique Gilbert). Not that I think we are likely to get Yetna as he will have a big line of suitors, but making a phone call certainly couldn't hurt.

Comment

• Is there a trend here? Are we witnessing the political climate starting to parallel the college basketball world. After Brannen and Hunter get fired...there will only be two - Jankovich and Dooley. Are they next???

Please don't misunderstand...if there were truly some bs racial stuff going on...I get it. There's no place for that. Ever!!! But if this is a coup on the suburban white guy (coaches)...uggghhh...what a mess.

Not judging...just wondering...
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Nope. Don't expect he will either. Gregg hurt his feelings because he didn't suck up to him. That was his sole motivation.
              That and him hitting a kid, choking an assistant,t and generally being boorish. (See his discussion about Nurger's girlfriend.)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I didn't think this rule applied to grad transfers (i.e. Alterique Gilbert). Not that I think we are likely to get Yetna as he will have a big line of suitors, but making a phone call certainly couldn't hurt.
                A. I think it does apply to grad transfers and only didn't apply to AG because UConn was leaving the conference and B. Yetna is a redshirt sophomore so I don't see how that would apply in this case anyhow.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

That and him hitting a kid, choking an assistant,t and generally being boorish. (See his discussion about Nurger's girlfriend.)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

A. I think it does apply to grad transfers and only didn't apply to AG because UConn was leaving the conference and B. Yetna is a redshirt sophomore so I don't see how that would apply in this case anyhow.
                    Everything I've seen has Yetna as a RsJR and a grad transfer.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Everything I've seen has Yetna as a RsJR and a grad transfer.
                      I'll assume I'm wrong on that point then. I need to double-check the AAC rules of grad transfers. Yerba would certainly be a nice addition if it is indeed possible.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• It use to be that to get the grad transfer exemption a grad transfer had to enroll in a grad program not offered by his school. Am I dreaming that and, if not, has that gone by the wayside?

Not that the educational considerations are the driving force behind these moves. Most likely future economic opportunities is the main thing.

Yetna, who is from Paris, would no doubt be able to make some coin playing professional overseas. But he may have his eyes on the NBA.

Comment

Since you can't refute the behavior, do you just post a gif?

Comment

Since you can't refute the behavior, do you just post a gif?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Is there a trend here? Are we witnessing the political climate starting to parallel the college basketball world. After Brannen and Hunter get fired...there will only be two - Jankovich and Dooley. Are they next???

Please don't misunderstand...if there were truly some bs racial stuff going on...I get it. There's no place for that. Ever!!! But if this is a coup on the suburban white guy (coaches)...uggghhh...what a mess.

Not judging...just wondering...
                              Which is why this topic really needs its own stage....

Comment

What? Nurger's girlfriend? What did I miss? Thought I'd seen/heard EVERYTHING....

Comment

Working...
                                X