Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Reaching a bit, don’t you think? I think the Redbirds had the first MBB black HC around 50 years ago.
    If doing something unique and courageous 41 years ago when other schools haven’t followed suit even today is reaching.....then I’m guilty as charged. What would be the appropriate additional time frame you suggest so I’m no longer “reaching”?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        You don't say?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You don't say?
          this IS the end of the week

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

this IS the end of the week
            When it comes to WSU basketball and Twitter though, end of week could be the following Tuesday :)
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

You don't say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

Considering WSU was a trailblazer with Willie Jeffries, I believe the university has shown over the years that the sooner racial barriers are broken, the less significant barriers become in the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Jeffries
                No, they never point out racial equality, they prefer to focus on the less usual event of racial injustice. WSU won't get any mention for being not racially focused.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Cliff maybe? Just dreaming again. But it would be good news..(pun intended)

Comment

• Oops

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You don't say?
                      I hate you
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• https://goshockers.com/news/2020/11/...ita-state.aspx

I don't know HCIB but either he's a really really good dude or the PR campaign is killer because everything so far makes me think he's going to kill it as head coach

Comment

• I'm hearing from sources at CBS Sports and The Athletic that Seth Davis plans to tweet that the new assistant coach will be one of Thad Matta's former assistants. They're just not sure if Seth will be able to pull it off by the end of the week still. :)
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            https://goshockers.com/news/2020/11/...ita-state.aspx

I don't know HCIB but either he's a really really good dude or the PR campaign is killer because everything so far makes me think he's going to kill it as head coach
                            Same thought here. I think perhaps HCIB is a really good dude as I have a much easier time buying that then WSU coming up with killer PR campaign on their own. Whether that translates into success on the court remains to be seen but I really hope that is the case.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              https://goshockers.com/news/2020/11/...ita-state.aspx

You nailed that one. Sometimes a "player's coach" works out better as an assistant than as a HC. Everything I see says that IB strives to get the best out of players by encouraging, rather than intimidating. That might be a welcome change for those returning that they just might bust their butts like never before.

Scott Thompson was a "nice guy" coach, and that didn't work out well. The ability to "audition" IB through a shortened season is a great opportunity to make an informed decision. With a pre-season pick of 7th, with Marshall coaching, we've got a reasonable measure for gauging IB's ability as the HC.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You nailed that one. Sometimes a "player's coach" works out better as an assistant than as a HC. Everything I see says that IB strives to get the best out of players by encouraging, rather than intimidating. That might be a welcome change for those returning that they just might bust their butts like never before.

Scott Thompson was a "nice guy" coach, and that didn't work out well. The ability to "audition" IB through a shortened season is a great opportunity to make an informed decision. With a pre-season pick of 7th, with Marshall coaching, we've got a reasonable measure for gauging IB's ability as the HC.
                                There are definitely multiple ways to coach. From all the support IB has gotten from players (current and former) so far I think they are ready to go to battle for him. But can he pull the best out of them is the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X