Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sampson said WSU displayed fake toughness? Interesting. He’s been nothing but complimentary this year from what I’ve seen.
    Taylor’s tweet quoted Sampson as complimenting Shox rebounding toughness, after the game, saying that we had more toughness than they did tonight.

He said that he hadn’t said that very often in the past 7 years.

Comment

Sampson said WSU displayed fake toughness? Interesting. He’s been nothing but complimentary this year from what I’ve seen.
      I tend to take that as he meant that wasn't quite the "toughness" Wichita St. is known for (like in the past). OR...maybe a coaching quote for his players to play even tougher going forward. I don't know....I'm partying after this big WIN and probably should go to bed! Lol
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The Sampson quote about us having “fake toughness” was from a season or two ago.

And he wasn’t wrong, btw.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

i don’t know what he meant by that but I think I know. Back in the day when we were the toughest team in the conference, everyone came out and gave us their best shot. It was like they tried to match our toughness for one game and then they would go back to being a mediocre team. This WSU team played TOUGH tonight, but this isn’t the same team we’ve seen this year, they stepped up to match the UH toughness. If it’s real, we gotta continue playing this way. If it’s fake, we’ll go back to beating team like Tulane by 4 points. This team has the ability to be tough and play with anyone if that’s what it wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

i don’t know what he meant by that but I think I know. Back in the day when we were the toughest team in the conference, everyone came out and gave us their best shot. It was like they tried to match our toughness for one game and then they would go back to being a mediocre team. This WSU team played TOUGH tonight, but this isn’t the same team we’ve seen this year, they stepped up to match the UH toughness. If it’s real, we gotta continue playing this way. If it’s fake, we’ll go back to beating team like Tulane by 4 points. This team has the ability to be tough and play with anyone if that’s what it wants.
            I just took it as him implying we weren’t as tough as we claimed to be. Whether it was about GM’s tough guy act on the sideline or the Play Angry mantra, can’t really say. But they sure took us to the woodshed a few times recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              The Sampson quote about us having “fake toughness” was from a season or two ago.

Look up fake toughness in the dictionary and you’ll find a picture of...well, I don’t think I need to finish that sentence. We all know.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I just took it as him implying we weren’t as tough as we claimed to be. Whether it was about GM’s tough guy act on the sideline or the Play Angry mantra, can’t really say. But they sure took us to the woodshed a few times recently.
                Where is this quote? I really can’t see him saying this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Where is this quote? I really can’t see him saying this.
                  Honestly iirc it was just kind of a rumor? Or something someone heard through the grapevine, something like that. I don’t think it was anything he said in a press conference or anything you would be able to look up. Maybe I am misremembering though.

Comment

• I still say IB can’t be the first choice. Has everyone forgotten Kevin Ollie? That man won a national championship for crying out loud. These are Marshall’s recruits, plain and simple. They were recruited under Marshall’s direction. Marshall offered them the scholarship. All the returners came back to play for Marshall.

IB has done a good job not wrecking the Ferrari. Has he done a good job driving it?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      I still say IB can’t be the first choice. Has everyone forgotten Kevin Ollie? That man won a national championship for crying out loud. These are Marshall’s recruits, plain and simple. They were recruited under Marshall’s direction. Marshall offered them the scholarship. All the returners came back to play for Marshall.

IB has done a good job not wrecking the Ferrari. Has he done a good job driving it?
                      I hope this post is 100% sarcasm and it’s just going over my head

Kevin freaking Ollie??? LMAO

This is the worst take on this situation I have seen. Just idiotic

please tell me this was a joke
                      Last edited by shockersx; February 19, 2021, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Let’s just win, and get to the NCAA Tourney and argue about this later. We have important games left if we are still on the bubble.
                        If we get to the NCAA tourney there won't be anything to argue about. If we get to the NCAA tourney, IB will be in the discussion for NCOY.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm imagining Darren Boatright having his top dream candidate lined up & ready to go. But now what does he do?

Comment

As well he should be this year. WSU didn't wilt in either contest.

The target of his cheekiness is gone.

Comment

Taylor’s tweet quoted Sampson as complimenting Shox rebounding toughness, after the game, saying that we had more toughness than they did tonight.

He said that he hadn’t said that very often in the past 7 years.
                              He was polite last night. Not so much in the past, yes; and he was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                The Sampson quote about us having “fake toughness” was from a season or two ago.

Thank you very much for the assist Rocky.

Basically, he (Sampson) stated what a lot on this board have been saying for the last month (but he never singled out Udeze), while taking a stab at the prior coach in the most recent (6) previous contests, when he said it. And there's evidence to verify Sampson was correct.
                                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 19, 2021, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X