Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Really?

And all you guys want to do is argue about the coach and use it as an opportunity to take shots at Marshall?

That sentiment was actually installed by posters constantly harping on WSU's lack of rebounding effectiveness under the current coach who lacks coaching acumen (basically, it's his fault) in said rebounding department, versus the Rebounding Fellow who just resigned from the program (again, I like GGG by the way) who has shown he couldn't coach his team to beat the standard bearer's of the AAC when here (or there, for sure). We've all listened to it for 3 weeks now pie.

Comment

• I remember some games against Houston where the team took a punch in the mouth by doing something like getting down 20-9, and they never responded. That's been fairly consistent against Houston until this year.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

His recruits? You mean all the players on the team that he was involved in recruiting? They are in first place in the AAC
        His recruits, meaning those that he was lead recruiter on.
        Hint: D’Antoni Gordon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I remember some games against Houston where the team took a punch in the mouth by doing something like getting down 20-9, and they never responded. That's been fairly consistent against Houston until this year.
          You got that right. On top of that Sampson insulted WSU by saying they displayed only a "fake toughness." His thugs go the message tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

That sentiment was actually installed by posters constantly harping on WSU's lack of rebounding effectiveness under the current coach who lacks coaching acumen (basically, it's his fault) in said rebounding department, versus the Rebounding Fellow who just resigned from the program (again, I like GGG by the way) who has shown he couldn't coach his team to beat the standard bearer's of the AAC when here (or there, for sure). We've all listened to it for 3 weeks now pie.
            Not sure if you’re saying it’s coming from me but if so, it certainly hasn’t been. I’ve been very positive and vocal about my belief in our ability to do better on the boards. I’ve mentioned multiple times that the coaching staff is aware of the issues and are trying to address them. I listen to the interviews and I hear him talk about it every time. There was never any doubt from me.

My point is and always has been that the team needs to rebound better to reach their full potential but that it’s small, fixable things that are holding them back. We saw tonight what can happen when they put their minds to it.

Comment

• Coach Isaac Brown is GONNA GET GOOD to GREAT OFFERS immediately after this season.
              He already has roots in Wichita.
              Both Beline and Matta have no roots in Wichita.
              Coach Isaac Brown should be considered the front-runner if he wants it.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

His recruits, meaning those that he was lead recruiter on.
                Hint: D’Antoni Gordon.
                I don't believe we know why Gordon left. There was only 1 guy ahead of him (Trey Wade) at his position. There may have been considerations other than playing time. I'm fairly certain some of the players who left did not leave because they couldn't cut it or wanted more playing time.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Cool let's go hire the guy that's 2-4 in the WAC
                  And he’s 88 and 22 at NMS fool. Just wait until the seasons over and a judgement can be made with all the results in.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

I guess you can take that excuse away now!
                    I hope you noticed the word “yet”.

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Let’s just win, and get to the NCAA Tourney and argue about this later. We have important games left if we are still on the bubble.

Comment

Cool let's go hire the guy that's 2-4 in the WAC
                        That logic is so dumb.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

And he’s 88 and 22 at NMS fool. Just wait until the seasons over and a judgement can be made with all the results in.
                          Ah yes ... Let's wait until the end of the season ... That's exactly what everybody that yells JANS everytime the team has a 5 min bad stretch of basketball does .

Comment

• Maybe someone can enlighten me but I really don’t understand the thought that somebody else is a better fit for the job than IB is at this point in time. Yes, I know there are still games left to play and we won’t make a decision til after the season. I think Jans is a great coach, but I just don’t see the point in dumping Brown for him. We got a good thing going with IB. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

The recruiting point about Gordon makes no sense. IB has done his fair share of recruiting over the years. Has also been in charge of putting together scouts and game plans.

Beilein doesn’t really make sense to me either because of his age. I don’t think he’s a long term solution.

Just seems to me like the obvious choice is IB *at this point*. I think he’s earned it. Players think he’s earned it. Former players have voiced support for him. Again, I know there are still games left to be played and admins will take a long look at the entire body of work.

Comment

Ah yes ... Let's wait until the end of the season ... That's exactly what everybody that yells JANS everytime the team has a 5 min bad stretch of basketball does .
                              Get the stick out of your ass.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You got that right. On top of that Sampson insulted WSU by saying they displayed only a "fake toughness." His thugs go the message tonight.
                                Sampson said WSU displayed fake toughness? Interesting. He’s been nothing but complimentary this year from what I’ve seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X