Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Since this is a coaching search, I’m trying to fill in your puzzle. But I’m not very good at it.
    Badman

Comment

• It's probably safe to say HCIB will be a head coach next year .... It's up to WSU whether that is here or not.

Comment

• There is NO coaching search. 7 years under GM plus a ton more years under some good-ass head coaches. He loves Wichita St.!!!! The players play for him!!! Good to potentially GREAT recruiter!!!
        He's a SHOCKER guys!!! It's his time to shine!!! Sign him!!!!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Huge win for the boys. Very talented group. Imagine what they could have been.

Not trying to be a downer, but the talent has been there. This talent has been here.

Love HCIB. He will find success. But don’t think it will be here.

Comment

• And I you can't say he was leaning on Billy Kennedy tonight either because Mike Kennedy reported before the game that ACBK had gone back to Texas and then was stranded and could not get back to Wichita. Not sure how long he has been stuck down there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              ******* is taking credit for all of this on Twitter. What an absolute ****wad.
              If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, he's not wrong. Marshall needed to go plain and simple

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Huge win for the boys. Very talented group. Imagine what they could have been.

Not trying to be a downer, but the talent has been there. This talent has been here.

Love HCIB. He will find success. But don’t think it will be here.
                "Not trying to be downer" ... Proceeds to be a downer

Comment

• Should be a no brainer at this point. Save for a late season collapse, but I don’t see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Not trying to be downer" ... Proceeds to be a downer
                    Disagrees... offers ZERO rebuttal. Well said. Clearly we see same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      There is NO coaching search. 7 years under GM plus a ton more years under some good-ass head coaches. He loves Wichita St.!!!! The players play for him!!! Good to potentially GREAT recruiter!!!
                      He's a SHOCKER guys!!! It's his time to shine!!! Sign him!!!!!!
                      He's gonna' be another successful GGG protege...

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Disagrees... offers ZERO rebuttal. Well said. Clearly we see same thing.
                        Rebuttal: 13-4, 9-2 AAC, first place in the AAC and highest ranked win in Koch arena since 1967.

Also, you didn't really make a point so there wasn't a need for a rebuttal

Comment

• For those who believe IB isn’t the answer I would like to know who is? Outside of Jans, who is realistically an option better than IB?

Comment

• College coaches with the highest career W/L %*. Anybody want to fill in the blank? I believe he's available to be hired.

1 - Mike Krzyzewski - 0.767
                            2 - _______________ - 0.765
                            3 - Jim Boeheim___ - 0.711
                            4 - Bob Knight_____ - 0.709
                            5 - Jim Calhoun___ - 0.694

*Edit: This list is not accurate. It was based on total numberr of wins and showed %'s for that coach. It is only by coincidence that the top several coaches for total wins also fall into the same sequence for % of wins.

I'll leave the post because it does illustrate the point I was trying to make.
                            Last edited by Aargh; February 18, 2021, 09:41 PM.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Rebuttal: 13-4, 9-2 AAC, first place in the AAC and highest ranked win in Koch arena since 1967.

Also, you didn't really make a point so there wasn't a need for a rebuttal
                              Not sure about his point, but WSU does have one of the worst ADs in the nation, so it wouldn't surprise me if Brown got passed over and ends up elsewhere next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post

Not sure about his point, but WSU does have one of the worst ADs in the nation, so it wouldn't surprise me if Brown got passed over and ends up elsewhere next season.
                                That would be the most valid counter rebuttal

Comment

Working...
                                X