No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see how things go, its still early. HCIB has done an awesome job so far with out Marshall he has the guys prepared for each game playing loose playing hard.

Comment

• It is too early to declare a winner, but name one contender at this point in time not named Brown or Sampson. That 7th place pre-season pick was made when Marshall was expected to be the coach. The expectation would have been lower with an interim HC with no HC experience.

This team has shown they can get punched in the mouth and not quit. Last year it seemed like just a matter of time until the wheels were going to come off. This team doesn't have that kind of a look. There will probably be a head-scratching loss or two. If all 20 games are played, I think the odds of going 14-6 or going 19-1 are pretty close to the same. 14-6 is so far above 7th place that Brown is still in the discussion for CoY.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        It is too early to declare a winner, but name one contender at this point in time not named Brown or Sampson. That 7th place pre-season pick was made when Marshall was expected to be the coach. The expectation would have been lower with an interim HC with no HC experience.

This team has shown they can get punched in the mouth and not quit. Last year it seemed like just a matter of time until the wheels were going to come off. This team doesn't have that kind of a look. There will probably be a head-scratching loss or two. If all 20 games are played, I think the odds of going 14-6 or going 19-1 are pretty close to the same. 14-6 is so far above 7th place that Brown is still in the discussion for CoY.
        The COY is his if we finish anywhere in the top 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Wait, wait, wait.....the REAL Tom Kosich?????

It can only be true if he says "Is the caller there?" from his radio time!!!!:)
          Check PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Fine for now but if we go on a losing streak (I don’t see us going on a losing streak at the present time), you’ll be eating words that he has it wrapped up. Actually, you didn’t say that but you’re defending the one who did.
            What have you got against Stickboy46? : D

We're gonna' finish higher than 7th, maybe by at least 3 or 4 spots.

Comment

• Interesting comments by Chris Lamb this past Wednesday on The Drive. He had 13 minute interview with Bob and Jeff and at the end Bob asked him what his thoughts were on the Shocker/Tulsa MBB game that evening.

https://21133.mc.tritondigital.com/O...3?t=1610578758

That segment starts at the 11:50 mark although the entire interview is worth listening to and quintessential Lambo.

Bob asked him who he thought would win and what he likes about this Shocker team. Lambo said he liked how resilient this team was. He said he looks in on the Shocks a lot in the gym during practice and said this a bend not break group. He said every now and then when he thinks someone's got 'em they find a way. They are kind of tough and doesn't think they think are feeling any pressure. They are a loose bunch that's playing and having fun. He said their practices have been uplifting to watch and he says as he gets older he thinks stuff like that goes a long way. Then he picked the Shocks to win.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 16, 2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Tulsa post-game comment from Tyson Etienne...

… What he's seen from Coach Brown and the rest of the staff:
                "I think he's done a terrific job, obviously, like anything, he's gonna, you know, make mistakes, and he's gonna learn from them, which I think he's done, just like the rest of us. I think he's done a great job of, you know, staying true to us and believing in us, even when stuff is, you know, might not be going the best way during the game, he never gives up on us and he continues to give us positive reinforcement. I think that's something that's huge, especially that we got so many young guys and new guys, you know, we need to know that our coach is rocking with us. And he's done a great job at that. All of our coaches have done that I think, you know, as a unit, they've done a great job stepping up to the challenge of what this season was going to be. And I think that, as players, we got their back and everything that we do, so he's done a great job, and we're gonna continue to move forward and win games."

Comment

• The next 4 games will tell a lot. I wanna see how we do against Memphis and UCF. SMU would’ve been a good test as well. If we go 3-1, we’re legit contenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's not wrapped up by any means but he's the front runner and it's probably not even close at this point. Sampson coming in second.
                    If you don't say it's wrapped up, I agree with anyone who wants to put him first for COY. He has the best argument at this time.
                    Last edited by Shockm; January 16, 2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Check PM
                      Hey! Me me!
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hey! Me me!
                        I can already tell you how it starts-

I was having a conversation with Thomas the other day (great dude btw)....
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

ESPN+ interface is cancer. Search never works for me I always have to browse for what I want.
                          I agree. The best method I have found on Roku and Apple App is:

scroll down and find NCAA basketball

scroll down and find American

WSU is usually right at the top

Comment

• Really easy with Chromecast
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I can already tell you how it starts-

I was having a conversation with Thomas the other day (great dude btw)....
                              Umm, no that's not how it starts. I haven't talked to TK since he sold his Labaron convertible (damn long time ago). Molly and I needed to discuss a mutual friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Umm, no that's not how it starts. I haven't talked to TK since he sold his Labaron convertible (damn long time ago). Molly and I needed to discuss a mutual friend.
                                Dang. I thought I was close to it.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X