No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would say an NCAA berth and an AAC championship with this team, this year, might put Brown up in the rafters

Comment

• In developing a list of coaching candidates, Jan’s and Forbes are obvious to investigate because of ties to Wichita State and success as Head Coaches. Adrian G. Also because of ties to Wichita and NBA coaching success. Then I think you look at Top Head Coaches at Top 10-12 Conferences such as Mountain West, MAC, and maybe a Tommy Amaker from Harvard. Maybe add a few recommendations from ADs who are friends, then find out the interest for WSU of those on the list. Who are the candidates who are aggressive grinders? I would think a list of 3-5 should rise to the top.

Comment

• I don’t know anything about Matt McMahon but Murray State gets a lot of recognition for coaches for a conference that is barely Top 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I would say an NCAA berth and an AAC championship with this team, this year, might put Brown up in the rafters
          Probably get him a P5 offer WSU could never match.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You deserve Furman. I suspect they aren't interested. If I give you $25 for a season pass there, will you go away?
            Actually I have become good friends with many people at Furman, great school with a great history. Keep your $25 you might need it to help your friend Boatright when he is terminated for dereliction of duty possibly due to the advice you gave him during your afternoon teas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Actually I have become good friends with many people at Furman, great school with a great history. Keep your $25 you might need it to help your friend Boatright when he is terminated for dereliction of duty possibly due to the advice you gave him during your afternoon teas.
              Your obsession with Richey is just plain weird.
              Like Uncle Larry, the drunken relative who Ikes to hang out at High School Girls volleyball games weird.
              Your fixation on BR is making me inclined to agree with Fevers assessment of you - which is indeed scary.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                I don’t know anything about Matt McMahon but Murray State gets a lot of recognition for coaches for a conference that is barely Top 20.
                FWIW - Boatright is an alum of Murray State. Was actually on the coaching staff there with Mark Gottfried and then went with him to Alabama. Went back to Murray State to join the athletic department - Prohm was an assistant coach there at the time under Billy Kennedy - and then went back to Alabama to work in their athletic department, before coming to WSU in 2010. I imagine Gottfried may even get a call, but he's tangled up in an NCAA investigation over his time at North Carolina State so who knows.
                Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 22, 2020, 08:53 PM.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Assuming that Coach Brown does not actually take names and kick butts to render this discussion moot, Jans might be the most likely to hang on to Coach Brown and Coach Guidino which helps with the continuity and perhaps retaining players. I can't imagine Chris would not be interested. The question is will the WSU athletic department be interested in going this route.
                  BTW, I am not advocating that whoever the permanent replacement for 3G is should not have total freedom in selecting his staff. That should be a given. We saw how poorly things went when Brent Kemnitz was apparently forced on to Todd Butler.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Your obsession with Richey is just plain weird.
                    Like Uncle Larry, the drunken relative who Ikes to hang out at High School Girls volleyball games weird.
                    Your fixation on BR is making me inclined to agree with Fevers assessment of you - which is indeed scary.

That is all.
                    Because I choose to defend a potential replacement for Marshall from mindless, uninformed posters on Shockernet you think that is an obsession. After you inform yourself on the Peter Principle come back to me and I will help you understand the difference between defending an individual from mindless, indefensible attacks and a true obsession (which is what I think several posters on Shockernet may have demonstrated with their defense of Marshall).

Comment

• I remember in HS when the counselor, J Peter, became the principal but was then passed over for any district office jobs. I've always wondered if Principal Peter ever got over the Peter Principle.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                        I remember in HS when the counselor, J Peter, became the principal but was then passed over for any district office jobs. I've always wondered if Principal Peter ever got over the Peter Principle.

Comment

I remember in HS when the counselor, J Peter, became the principal but was then passed over for any district office jobs. I've always wondered if Principal Peter ever got over the Peter Principle.
                          touche'

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Because I choose to defend a potential replacement for Marshall from mindless, uninformed posters on Shockernet you think that is an obsession. After you inform yourself on the Peter Principle come back to me and I will help you understand the difference between defending an individual from mindless, indefensible attacks and a true obsession (which is what I think several posters on Shockernet may have demonstrated with their defense of Marshall).
                            In the following post you claim that Bob Richey has no interest in Wichita. Which would mean he is not a potential replacement for Marshall.

Especially in the era of COVID and especially at this time of year - where the heck does the university start with a coaching search? I’m assuming we are going to have an interim head coach. I also have zero faith in our current athletic department to get another 15+ year coach. I feel like we just swallow what was going to

I'm a little confused. In any case, sounds to me like Coach Richey is in a very good place at Furman and a great fit for him. As Coach Kresse advised Coach Marshall -- "Coach where you are loved". There is little evidence that there is any mutual interest between Coach Richey and WSU regarding the Wichita State job.

Comment

Now that's funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

In the following post you claim that Bob Richey has no interest in Wichita. Which would mean he is not a potential replacement for Marshall.

Especially in the era of COVID and especially at this time of year - where the heck does the university start with a coaching search? I’m assuming we are going to have an interim head coach. I also have zero faith in our current athletic department to get another 15+ year coach. I feel like we just swallow what was going to

I'm a little confused. In any case, sounds to me like Coach Richey is in a very good place at Furman and a great fit for him. As Coach Kresse advised Coach Marshall -- "Coach where you are loved". There is little evidence that there is any mutual interest between Coach Richey and WSU regarding the Wichita State job.
                                When I introduced BR to Shockernet as an IMO qualified replacement for Marshall Furman had not renegotiated his contract, nor was I aware of his desire to become the HC of South Carolina. I agree with you that Furman is a good place for Bob Richey and he should stay there.

Comment

Working...
                                X