No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something on Prohm? I guess I haven’t followed him that closely at all, but since he took over Iowa St they have been...not the same. Got a few good players sure, but haven’t competed for the Big 12 at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      Forget Richey he will not apply for the position (according to folks I know in Greenville)
      Not tough to not apply for a job you won’t be considered for.

”Don’t call us, we’ll call you.”
      The Assman

Comment

• Jans, period.

No Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He had to back off now that there is actually an opening ... realizing we wont look that way.
          I am not backing away from wanting a coach like Bob Richey, rather I am giving you facts to consider. If you read my earlier posts you should know that Furman renegotiated his contract - significant increases in money and longevity. Private school so details of his contract are not public but you can rest assured Furman has rewarded him.

The story I hear from Greenville is they want him to achieve the status Mark Few has achieved at Gonzaga. A nice goal they could set for a very competitive South Carolina MBB coach as there are major similarities between the two schools. Highlights from the attached link -

Gonzaga University Endowment Fund:

1) Gonzaga University is a private, four-year comprehensive university founded in 1887 and enrols about 5400 students in 92 undergraduate and 21 graduate programs. Gonzaga’s educational philosophy is based on the 450-year Ignatian model that aims to educate the whole person, mind, body and spirit, an integration of science and art, faith and reason, action and contemplation.

2) Gonzaga University’s basketball team has netted more than just wins in the past 15 years. The Zags have spawned a transformation of a tiny, struggling college into a national brand and a money magnet.

3,) The Jesuit liberal arts college enrolled 7,605 students this fall, 82 percent more than the 4,185 who attended classes in 1999. Donors have swollen the college’s coffers to $173.3 million, nearly doubling its endowment. The university’s budget has almost tripled.

And generous pledges have enabled Gonzaga to build a $25 million basketball arena, a baseball complex, student apartments, an applied science building and other projects. A $60 million student center is under construction.

“Gonzaga was really suffering (in 1999),” said Don Herak, a trustee emeritus and major donor. “The basketball team was the catalyst for changing Gonzaga

Furman University Endowment Fund:

1) Founded in 1826, Furman University is the oldest, largest and most selective private institution in South Carolina. Today Furman offers majors and programs in 42 subjects and is one of the select group of colleges that qualify for a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Undergraduates come from 46 states and 31 countries to study at Furman University. Furman recognizes its responsibility both in and out of the classroom to encourage students and faculty to confront the problems of contemporary society and to exercise moral judgment in the use of knowledge. To this end, Furman fosters a sense of social justice and encourages civic responsibility in creating a fair and equitable order.

2) Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, received $1 million through the Duke Endowment, the Greenville News reported. The grant went to support the work of the Riley Institute, the public policy organization devoted to improving the social and economic conditions of the state.

The Duke Endowment, a private foundation established by philanthropist James B. Duke to support the people of North and South Carolina, rewarded the Riley Institute for its focus on “education, diversity and critical issues impacting the state,” Duke Endowment trustee Wilhelmina Reuben-Cooke told The Greenville News. The fund also aims to strengthen the public policy programs that benefit Furman students, faculty and residents across the state in the areas of public education, economic development, leadership, diversity and other issues. (Source)

3) Furman University has raised $406 million to fund a number of major initiatives as it brings the “Because Furman Matters” capital fundraising campaign to a successful close. In all, 27,250 alumni, parents, faculty and staff and friends made a gift during the campaign, which ended December 31.

Name: Furman University - Endowment Office Assets Under Management: $593 Million (Source: Furman University on 6/30/2013) Annual Report: Furman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Not tough to not apply for a job you won’t be considered for.

”Don’t call us, we’ll call you.”
            IMO dereliction of duty if WSU AD fails to contact Bob Richey.

Comment

• As far as I am concerned we HAVE a coach - IB and the job should be his until there is cause to let him go.
              Should not be any formal search right now.

Comment

I am not backing away from wanting a coach like Bob Richey, rather I am giving you facts to consider. If you read my earlier posts you should know that Furman renegotiated his contract - significant increases in money and longevity. Private school so details of his contract are not public but you can rest assured Furman has rewarded him.

The story I hear from Greenville is they want him to achieve the status Mark Few has achieved at Gonzaga. A nice goal they could set for a very competitive South Carolina MBB coach as there are major similarities between the two schools. Highlights from the attached link -

Gonzaga University Endowment Fund:

1) Gonzaga University is a private, four-year comprehensive university founded in 1887 and enrols about 5400 students in 92 undergraduate and 21 graduate programs. Gonzaga’s educational philosophy is based on the 450-year Ignatian model that aims to educate the whole person, mind, body and spirit, an integration of science and art, faith and reason, action and contemplation.

2) Gonzaga University’s basketball team has netted more than just wins in the past 15 years. The Zags have spawned a transformation of a tiny, struggling college into a national brand and a money magnet.

3,) The Jesuit liberal arts college enrolled 7,605 students this fall, 82 percent more than the 4,185 who attended classes in 1999. Donors have swollen the college’s coffers to $173.3 million, nearly doubling its endowment. The university’s budget has almost tripled.

And generous pledges have enabled Gonzaga to build a $25 million basketball arena, a baseball complex, student apartments, an applied science building and other projects. A $60 million student center is under construction.

“Gonzaga was really suffering (in 1999),” said Don Herak, a trustee emeritus and major donor. “The basketball team was the catalyst for changing Gonzaga

Furman University Endowment Fund:

1) Founded in 1826, Furman University is the oldest, largest and most selective private institution in South Carolina. Today Furman offers majors and programs in 42 subjects and is one of the select group of colleges that qualify for a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Undergraduates come from 46 states and 31 countries to study at Furman University. Furman recognizes its responsibility both in and out of the classroom to encourage students and faculty to confront the problems of contemporary society and to exercise moral judgment in the use of knowledge. To this end, Furman fosters a sense of social justice and encourages civic responsibility in creating a fair and equitable order.

2) Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, received $1 million through the Duke Endowment, the Greenville News reported. The grant went to support the work of the Riley Institute, the public policy organization devoted to improving the social and economic conditions of the state.

The Duke Endowment, a private foundation established by philanthropist James B. Duke to support the people of North and South Carolina, rewarded the Riley Institute for its focus on “education, diversity and critical issues impacting the state,” Duke Endowment trustee Wilhelmina Reuben-Cooke told The Greenville News. The fund also aims to strengthen the public policy programs that benefit Furman students, faculty and residents across the state in the areas of public education, economic development, leadership, diversity and other issues. (Source)

3) Furman University has raised $406 million to fund a number of major initiatives as it brings the “Because Furman Matters” capital fundraising campaign to a successful close. In all, 27,250 alumni, parents, faculty and staff and friends made a gift during the campaign, which ended December 31.
                Are you a beneficiary of Bob Richey's estate? Your obsession with him is odd and frankly makes all of your other commentaries irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Are you a beneficiary of Bob Richey's estate? Your obsession with him is odd and frankly makes all of your other commentaries irrelevant.
                  I have no fiduciary relationship with Bob Richey; I am just a fan of his coaching abilities.

IMO I am not obsessed with Bob Richey but posters on this board (you possibly among them) are obsessed with Gregg Marshall. I try to remain objective in my thinking and postings if you find this "...odd and frankly makes all of your other commentaries irrelevant" that is your loss.

Comment

• We have to endure this Bob Richey crud, all year. By.......... no I already hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      We have to endure this Bob Richey crud, all year. By.......... no I already hate him.
                      Maybe Kung Wu can add his name to the list next to *******

Comment

I have no fiduciary relationship with Bob Richey; I am just a fan of his coaching abilities.

IMO I am not obsessed with Bob Richey but posters on this board (you possibly among them) are obsessed with Gregg Marshall. I try to remain objective in my thinking and postings if you find this "...odd and frankly makes all of your other commentaries irrelevant" that is your loss.
                        Dude, you literally emailed the AD and then when he ignored your psycho email you whined to the president that he didn’t respond. That my friend is obsession.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Dude, you literally emailed the AD and then when he ignored your psycho email you whined to the president that he didn’t respond. That my friend is obsession.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Boatright's failure to reply to my email was puzzling; he should have had a standard response that he automatically sends to unsolicited emails like mine. This failure made me wonder if the AD was providing cover for Marshall's behavior, which is why I wrote to both Golden and Muma. IMO ADDB was complicit in this fiasco and if so was a major contributing factor to why WSU had to agree to the terms of Marshall departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                              Am I missing something on Prohm? I guess I haven’t followed him that closely at all, but since he took over Iowa St they have been...not the same. Got a few good players sure, but haven’t competed for the Big 12 at all.
                              You're missing nothing.

Jans > Beilein > Matta > Griffin > Prohm > Kellan Marshall > Bob Richey

(I kid on the last two... I actually think Richey would be an okay hire, but distantly behind Prohm)

Comment

• Think about this, WSU reached out to Danny Manning before Richey... ;)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X