Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    My biggest fear is we hire some extremely "nice guy" to make all the people that were offended by Gregg but he barely can get to .500 every year
    I’ll continue to repeat.. Scott Thompson?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Our shortlist should be:

Jans
      Beeline
      Pitino
      Matta
      Forbes

If we get one of those guys, it will numb the pain a little. Feel like maybe we could move on without missing much a beat. If we end up with, say
      ...a Dan Muller. I may renounce my fandom altogether.

The administration better be turning over every stone to find the best proven guy or next Marshall type in waiting. Problem is, when you turn over every stone, sometimes you find a turd under one. Let's not step in it.

Last edited by MiloPeterjohn; November 18, 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Maybe Eric Wedge should be a two-sport coach? If anyone could do it .. CEO Wedge could!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post
          Our shortlist should be:

Jans
          Beeline
          Pitino
          Marta Forbes

If we get one of those guys, it will numb the pain a little. Feel like maybe we could move on without missing much a beat. If we end up with, say
          ...a Dan Muller. I may renounce my fandom altogether.

The administration better be turning over every stone to find the best proven guy or next Marshall type in waiting. Problem is, when you turn over every stone, sometimes you find a turd under one. Let's not step in it.

You gott look out for #1 and try not to step in #2.

Rodney Dangerfield
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Maybe Eric Wedge should be a two-sport coach? If anyone could do it .. CEO Wedge could!
            At the very least, maybe we should let him hire the next BB coach.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

At the very least, maybe we should let him hire the next BB coach.
              Or borrow Schaus for a short run.

Comment

• Why is Pitino consistently mentioned? He's dirty, cheats prolifically, and has a scandalous personal background. Hell, GGG is an angel compared to Pitino.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                  Why is Pitino consistently mentioned? He's dirty, cheats prolifically, and has a scandalous personal background. Hell, GGG is an angel compared to Pitino.
                  Because he has a whole lot of Ws attached to his name as a coach.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    My biggest fear is we hire some extremely "nice guy" to make all the people that were offended by Gregg but he barely can get to .500 every year
                    Yes One of the reasons that Marshall was a good fit, was that he didn't really care if anyone liked him or not, and 90% of Shocker fans didn't care if anyone liked him or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                      Why is Pitino consistently mentioned? He's dirty, cheats prolifically, and has a scandalous personal background. Hell, GGG is an angel compared to Pitino.
                      He never tapped a player, he only tapped that ass.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

• I think Gregg Marshall would be a fantastic replacement to take over for us, right? Right?

My big question is will he be mentioned as the #1 coaching prospect at all the BCS jobs that open up in the next year.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Starting to convince myself Adrain Griffin could be the guy.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Starting to convince myself Adrain Griffin could be the guy.
                              Can you imagine the positive publicity if we hire him and his son backs our from DUKE for Wichita State? That alone would open plenty of eyes. Throw in his prior playing career, NBA, assistant coach, NBA ring, and i'm guessing a glowing endorsement from FVV.

Comment

• My personal favorite is Beilein.

His teams at Michigan played smart and hard. Hopefully it's doable.

Comment

Working...
                                X