Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I think a determination was made on Chris Mullin. And Clyde Drexler was a disaster at Houston.
    Like I admitted in a previous post, it is a mixed bag. No real statistical favoring one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Lol! But to be fair, it is a mixed bag of success and failures.
      that's probably true of any direction we go.

Comment

• One might think that being 2020 (and let's face it, 2021 doesn't look terribly promising either right now) it's the best time for a disaster like this. And they might be right.....In fact, the BEST thing for WSU is a complete cancel of the 20-21 season (a scenario FAR from not possible). Then most everyone is on equal footing in many ways....cancel culture at work and we benefit lol.

As for possible coaches, I doubt we've even mentioned the name of the next head coach unless it's Coach Brown, and I don't think it will be, but it might have to be.

Some of the names mentioned:

1. Danny Manning....lol, better chance we hire Ed Manning
        2. Tad Boyle Would have gladly taken the job 14 years ago but not today for several reasons but he'd be interested more than most would think.
        3. Mark Turgeon More possible than the above 2, but still not going to happen.
        4. Steve Forbes You're kidding right?
        5. Greg Heier Not ready to be a head coach of a major program.
        6. Chris Jans Should be hired today. Will not be interviewed in this climate.
        7. Bob Richey....see Ed Manning (I kid because I care)
        8. Eddie Fogler More likely than the above 7, and yet no (I tossed this name in for my benefit only)
        9. Rick Pitino unless we rename the Champions Club the Champagne Room, no.

I think Coach Grant is the only possibility of the GM coaching tree at this time. I don't think he's fruit of the poisonous tree, so to speak.

Clearly the correct answer is Chris Jans. Period, end of discussion. Home run perfect fit. But yeah, got filmed having a drink and being inappropriate to someone that never complained so BAM, gone.

Comment

• That my favorite part of the CJ story.

The woman he was being flirtatious with wasn’t the one who was upset, or at least come forward, by the interaction.
          The Assman

Comment

• Also, I’m very much looking forward to near future were the precogs will foresee everything and we can cancel people before they have the chance to be canceled in the future.
            Last edited by Shock Top; November 17, 2020, 01:48 PM.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Also, I’m very much looking forward to near future were the precogs will foresee everything and we can cancel people before they the chance to be cancel in the future.
              Underrated movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                One might think that being 2020 (and let's face it, 2021 doesn't look terribly promising either right now) it's the best time for a disaster like this. And they might be right.....In fact, the BEST thing for WSU is a complete cancel of the 20-21 season (a scenario FAR from not possible). Then most everyone is on equal footing in many ways....cancel culture at work and we benefit lol.

As for possible coaches, I doubt we've even mentioned the name of the next head coach unless it's Coach Brown, and I don't think it will be, but it might have to be.

Some of the names mentioned:

1. Danny Manning....lol, better chance we hire Ed Manning
                2. Tad Boyle Would have gladly taken the job 14 years ago but not today for several reasons but he'd be interested more than most would think.
                3. Mark Turgeon More possible than the above 2, but still not going to happen.
                4. Steve Forbes You're kidding right?
                5. Greg Heier Not ready to be a head coach of a major program.
                6. Chris Jans Should be hired today. Will not be interviewed in this climate.
                7. Bob Richey....see Ed Manning (I kid because I care)
                8. Eddie Fogler More likely than the above 7, and yet no (I tossed this name in for my benefit only)
                9. Rick Pitino unless we rename the Champions Club the Champagne Room, no.

I think Coach Grant is the only possibility of the GM coaching tree at this time. I don't think he's fruit of the poisonous tree, so to speak.

Clearly the correct answer is Chris Jans. Period, end of discussion. Home run perfect fit. But yeah, got filmed having a drink and being inappropriate to someone that never complained so BAM, gone.
                Gotta agree with Jans. And he may not be as radioactive as we think; we DID after all hire him on as a special assistant. He should vocalize his desires; I fear he may not want to follow GM in these circumstances, loyalty and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Fred Hoiberg comes to mind. Dan Majerle at GCU. Eric Musselman. Avery Johnson has proven he can recruit and has had some success in a couple of years at Bama. Bobby Hurley at Az State. Larry Krystkowiak at Utah. Bryce Drew and Dan D'Antonio (Marshall).
                  Fred Hoiberg, and Eric Musselman aren't coming here after just finding jobs that are equal to us and just beginning a year or two ago. Bobby Hurley sounds good and may be interested as ASU isn't a basketball hotbed and second in the state. Where is Dan Majerle at right now, because Bryce Drew is now at GCU. Lastly D'Antonio isn't that impressive to me for several reasons (mainly age). imo, Tad Boyle ranks as high as any of these and I can see him viewing this program as on the rise and maybe a small step up. We have had quite a bit of NCAA success recently and Colorado hasn't had that for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Underrated movie.
                    i respectfully disagree. Overrated movie.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Maybe, but as OregonShocker pointed out WSU did hire Chris Jans back after her Bowling Green issues, no doubt largely due to the efforts of Gregg Marshall. As far as I know Chris has been a model citizen since that time. Furthermore, Chris was not here during the time of the SM, KL, parking space allegations. However, Isaac Brown was here at the time and this did not preclude him form being pointed as interim head coach. Of course, an interim head coach, especially in a lost year with the season just about to begin, is far different than permanent coach hiring.

Use to be America loved a a good second chance bounce back from adversity story. Maybe not so much anymore.

Comment

• "It is rare that a job can be so set up for success, but that is exactly the case with Wichita. They should have a diverse talent pool to choose from, and any background of coach should find a way to make things work"

Very positive article overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Use to be America loved a a good second chance bounce back from adversity story. Maybe not so much anymore.
                          Why give someone a second chance, when we can just erase their existence in the first place?!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

i respectfully disagree. Overrated movie.
                            Grossly so.

Comment

• The good thing about this season is that we can kick the tires on IB, so to speak, and see him in action in what some could consider an exhibition season.

Unless, of course we win the national championship or something crazy, in which case, there is no asterisk at all. It's 100% legit.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"It is rare that a job can be so set up for success, but that is exactly the case with Wichita. They should have a diverse talent pool to choose from, and any background of coach should find a way to make things work"

Very positive article overall.
                                He obviously does not look at Shockernet too much. Otherwise, he would see that we are clearly screwed and bound for the abyss...
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X