Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love IB. Great dude.

Now that Marshall is gone though, unless IB wins 20+ in year one, it’s probably best for a clean break and start the healing.

I reserve the right to change my opinion, but it feels like it would always have this awkward overcast with most of the same coaching staff still here.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Obvious and interesting names are Jans and Forbes.

Adrian Griffin is intriguing.

Outside of the box is LeVelle Moton.

Will be interesting to see how Coach Brown does this year.
      LeVelle is my pick unless the AD changes.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I don't believe Beilein is realistic. I think Matta is realistic and could inject some immediate stability and relevance in the program.

Griffin is an interesting prospect, but I'm always hesitant about someone with zero college coaching experience. Also leery about someone who's biggest selling point is that they have a talented kid.

I'd love to have Jans (my top choice), but skeptical that either he or WSU would be interested after what just happened.

I don't see Forbes coming back after having just got a job in the ACC, even if that job is a minor player in the conference.

At any rate, I don't have a sky is falling perspective. FHCGM put this program on a new level and coaches from all non-P5 conferences, and coaches at some P5 programs, would be interested in coaching here.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          I love IB. Great dude.

Now that Marshall is gone though, unless IB wins 20+ in year one, it’s probably best for a clean break and start the healing.

I reserve the right to change my opinion, but it feels like it would always have this awkward overcast with most of the same coaching staff still here.
          As much as a clean break would be good. I've yet to see any indication that Marshall's downfalls are also on the assistants. As Taylor mentioned, He's nearly universally praised by former players. Also on the 1 exit interview that was in the public records release, that player praised the assistants.

If he can win .. I'm good with it. If he can win during this year ... with EVERYTHING that's going on .. that's a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I haven't heard any such rumors. Though maybe there are some skeletons from his departure from Cowley to go to Hutchinson. Wouldn't know.
            In fairness, it has been a while since I checked in on him; I could very easily be mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              My biggest concern is that IB does fairly decent and we are quick to cement him as the HC without doing a serious search for candidates.

I am fine with Isaac Brown for the year, but want to be sure that WSU looks for candidates.
              I would hope he'd have to do such an amazing job that this decision is easy. Like challenge for AAC championship, national ranking, advance in the tournament. To me it would take those kinds of very difficult achievements to name him permanent coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

LeVelle is my pick unless the AD changes.
                He's been a successful coach at a lower level, and by all accounts is a genuinely good man. If the university needs a perception shift, he's definitely worth looking into. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't done a lot of thinking into this topic. Coach Moton is a man I fully respect though. He also wouldn't be crazy expensive. I'm sure we still have quite a bit of financial backing, but outside of a HR name hire, it may very well be at a lower rate. Moton could still get a decent raise and have success here.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

As much as a clean break would be good. I've yet to see any indication that Marshall's downfalls are also on the assistants. As Taylor mentioned, He's nearly universally praised by former players. Also on the 1 exit interview that was in the public records release, that player praised the assistants.

If he can win .. I'm good with it. If he can win during this year ... with EVERYTHING that's going on .. that's a good sign.
                  It’s not that I think the ACs are guilty of anything. I want to clear that up.

It’s just they will remind fans (and the media) of fHCGM (sad to have to include that “f” now). Kind of like seeing your ex’s best friends and family all the time. You might like them and they may be wonderful people, but It’ll be awkward.

Fresh start seems like the best thing for all.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Always curious why Good News is never mentioned. Highly experienced.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Levingston
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I love IB. Great dude.

Fair assessment, but I have a hunch Coach Brown may be the next Jans/Forbes. If so, then it should be worth giving him a chance to learn the ropes as a head coach.

Comment

• I just don't see how WSU takes a chance on anyone with issues either past or present, or on departed former assistant of Marshall, due to both appearances and loyalty to GM.

Jans - See above.
                        Earl Grant - See above
                        Adrian Griffin - See above (unless allegations against him prove untrue)
                        Greg Haier - See above (though it's hard to say if the LSU mud is on him or his loyalty to GM that strong, so maybe)
                        Forbes - Waaaaay too soon after taking the Wake job

I feel like the best hope is that Isaac Brown and the rest of the staff knock this season out of the park and become permanent. Waterman may not stick around after this season due to GM, regardless of how the team does. It would be a recruiting loss, for sure.

If that doesn't happen, Thad Matta should be at the top of the list.

Comment

It’s not that I think the ACs are guilty of anything. I want to clear that up.

It’s just they will remind fans (and the media) of fHCGM (sad to have to include that “f” now). Kind of like seeing your ex’s best friends and family all the time. You might like them and they may be wonderful people, but It’ll be awkward.

Fresh start seems like the best thing for all.
                          I think 99% percent of fans will forget about Marshall the moment we get back in the tourney IMO.

And i say "forget" in a very vague way there .. not literally forget whats done for the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I haven't heard any such rumors. Though maybe there are some skeletons from his departure from Cowley to go to Hutchinson. Wouldn't know.
                            My understanding is that as far as juco programs go, Hutch was Eck's dream job, which would explain the move from Cowley. From the few Hutch games I've watched, he's a pretty calm guy on the sideline, but can have some animated moments.

Comment

• Very very unlikely it's WSU. But if it is .. would be a big first step for Isaac if he was able to smooth that over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think 99% percent of fans will forget about Marshall the moment we get back in the tourney IMO.

And i say "forget" in a very vague way there .. not literally forget whats done for the school.
                                What you are looking for is “move on”.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X