Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
    Go get John Beilein
    For what position? I think the staff if full.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

For what position? I think the staff if full.
      You might be singin a different tune in a few days.
      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Is a 68 year coach who our dream candidate is? Really lmao
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I’m fine with Beilein or Patino, as long as they have a AHC that they are grooming to take over in 3-5 years.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            I’m fine with Beilein or Patino, as long as they have a AHC that they are grooming to take over in 3-5 years.
            I think either one is like putting gum over a leaky pipe; it'll help buy time until you can get a real fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Negative ghost rider on Pitino. If we can't hire Chris Jans, then we sure as hell can't hire Sleazy Rick.
              78-65

Comment

It about has to be Isaac Brown

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  It about has to be Isaac Brown
                  Plan A: Beilein
                  Plan B: Isaac Brown - Temp head coach until the spring.

Comment

Who cares? I won’t be watching. If this comes to pass, I’ll be done with the uni. They were on thin ice after the Ivanka fiasco. This would put it over the top.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Who cares? I won’t be watching. If this comes to pass, I’ll be done with the uni. They were on thin ice after the Ivanka fiasco. This would put it over the top.
                      You sound like more a GM than WSU fan.

I know this will be a very unpopular take but I am of the opinion that he hasn't earned his 3.5M in a while and he's not the only individual that can win big at WSU. His top 10-15 salary should produce 10-15 results and it's been awhile since that has clearly and consistently been the case. There's quite a list of coaches that are making far less than him with better results over the past 3-4 seasons. I'm skeptical that future returns on this stock will bear fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You sound like more a GM than WSU fan.

I know this will be a very unpopular take but I am of the opinion that he hasn't earned his 3.5M in a while and he's not the only individual that can win big at WSU. His top 10-15 salary should produce 10-15 results and it's been awhile since that has clearly and consistently been the case. There's quite a list of coaches that are making far less than him with better results over the past 3-4 seasons. I'm skeptical that future returns on this stock will bear fruit.
                        This is a far worse but IMO accurate description of Marshall than anything I have posted. Trust you are prepared to be pilloried.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

This is a far worse but IMO accurate description of Marshall than anything I have posted. Trust you are prepared to be pilloried.
                          Only you would use that word.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

The opinion of a complete fool who knows nothing. Gregg Marshall is a once in a lifetime Coach. If you think we are going to replace that consistency you are absolutely just dumb on top of knowing nothing about basketball. Basketball is a totally Coach dependent sport. Ask UCLA if you replace someone like Marshall. They are still trying to find Wooden.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              This is where I’m at. I have been a Shocker fan since I was 3 years old. Almost my whole family graduated from there and I’m 60! There comes a point when those in charge just blow there own foot off and all the loyalty of fans cannot help. Gregg Marshall caught lightning in a bottle and woke people are trying to pay him back with betrayal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                The opinion of a complete fool who knows nothing. Gregg Marshall is a once in a lifetime Coach. If you think we are going to replace that consistency you are absolutely just dumb on top of knowing nothing about basketball. Basketball is a totally Coach dependent sport. Ask UCLA if you replace someone like Marshall. They are still trying to find Wooden.
                                Bad example. They may not have replaced wooden who is the greatest college coach of all time but they did have a coach take them to 3 consecutive final fours in 2006-2008 and have been to 3 sweet 16s since 2014. So they haven't had any problem finding coaches with better results than Marshall IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X