Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Proof I’m getting old: I remembered him passing to EO inside who was then fouled, not Carl. Maybe it was both.
    If he was specifically remarking about the Louisville game, then it absolutely was EO.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If he was specifically remarking about the Louisville game, then it absolutely was EO.
      You both are right. He passed in to EO and EO got fouled. Ron was saying that Carl has always agreed that he should have taken the shot, not that he passed to Hall. My mistake.

Comment

• It seems we weren't hearing much from the players then GM makes his"I did not do a thing to anyone" and then the rumblings began. I can see this was done to force the university to show just cause but feel it pissed off a bunch of players who were staying quiet while he stayed quiet. Probably told they are responsible for their actions and felt the preacher wasn't living what he preached?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Some people can handle abuse, some can’t, but no one should have too
          Don’t be naive. Abuse happens all the time on the court and field in both high school and college. Striking is a rarity but putting hands on the kids isn’t. Getting in kids faces and yelling (often profanities) isn’t uncommon and you (many others too) would call that abuse.Many great coaches in the HOF have done it. There are some head coaches who don’t. However, they have Asst. Coaches who do it for them with their quiet blessing. Izzo at Michigan State does it. Gene Stephenson’s had dirty hands Snyder kept his hands clean but Mangino, Stoops, and Venables didn’t. On and on.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Don’t be naive. Abuse happens all the time on the court and field in both high school and college. Striking is a rarity but putting hands on the kids isn’t. Getting in kids faces and yelling (often profanities) isn’t uncommon and you (many others too) would call that abuse.Many great coaches in the HOF have done it. There are some head coaches who don’t. However, they have Asst. Coaches who do it for them with their quiet blessing. Izzo at Michigan State does it. Gene Stephenson’s had dirty hands Snyder kept his hands clean but Mangino, Stoops, and Venables didn’t. On and on.
              You have no clue as to what I do or do not consider abuse. So you can stfu

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                It seems we weren't hearing much from the players then GM makes his"I did not do a thing to anyone" and then the rumblings began. I can see this was done to force the university to show just cause but feel it pissed off a bunch of players who were staying quiet while he stayed quiet. Probably told they are responsible for their actions and felt the preacher wasn't living what he preached?
                I think the quote was closer to “I did not strike a player or coach”. That’s a very specific wording and possibly true.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

You have no clue as to what I do or do not consider abuse. So you can stfu
                  Well, then you can explain. All I know is that the striking incident happened 5 years ago. As for the incident with an Asst. Coach, I have heard about coaching staffs having physical altercations (usually yelling and arguing at each other that gets out of hand). While it does not happen often, coaching staffs spend many hours together during a season, and arguing happens more often than many know. The pressure to win, both from within and outside is very real. Marshall was very intense, and over reacted to situations on occasion, and stepped over the line occasionally (imo, it didn’t happen often) but too many on here paint with too broad a brush.

Comment

• Gottlieb was a media whore and attention monger when it came to WSU back in the day when WSU had the undefeated season and #1 seeding, but looking at his twitter feed, he pretty much stayed away from saying anything during the investigation. I wonder if that's why Baker did a podcast with Gottlieb vs other media people. Gottlieb would also be more understanding of what happens in practices and locker rooms than others, plus he gets the whole player and coach relationship, as shown with the Sutton stories. Also, was interesting to hear that Shaq lives in Wichita.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                      Gottlieb was a media whore and attention monger when it came to WSU back in the day when WSU had the undefeated season and #1 seeding, but looking at his twitter feed, he pretty much stayed away from saying anything during the investigation. I wonder if that's why Baker did a podcast with Gottlieb vs other media people. Gottlieb would also be more understanding of what happens in practices and locker rooms than others, plus he gets the whole player and coach relationship, as shown with the Sutton stories. Also, was interesting to hear that Shaq lives in Wichita.
                      They talked about several games that Gottlieb called. I wonder if Baker being familiar with Gottlieb from that also played a part.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

They talked about several games that Gottlieb called. I wonder if Baker being familiar with Gottlieb from that also played a part.
                        Despite shocker fan's feelings about Gottlieb, it was clear he has a good relationship with many inside the shocker program.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I think the quote was closer to “I did not strike a player or coach”. That’s a very specific wording and possibly true.
                          “In response to the allegations put forward in the media, I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleague,” Marshall said. “Allegations claiming otherwise are false.”

Comment

• DG did a good job, tired how he has to relate to some personal story. Is there any question now that Shaq was hit by GM? How do we feel if GM would have admitted his misdeeds? Would it have been enough to save his job?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

“In response to the allegations put forward in the media, I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleague,” Marshall said. “Allegations claiming otherwise are false.”
                              Pretty clear to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                                DG did a good job, tired how he has to relate to some personal story. Is there any question now that Shaq was hit by GM? How do we feel if GM would have admitted his misdeeds? Would it have been enough to save his job?
                                we'll never know, ......maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X