Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Not gonna lie, even though we had the talent, it still seemed shocking how WSU could go from winning the NIT to maybe advancing to the 2nd round of the tournament to Omg, we're final 4 caliber. That's a hell of a jump
    Imagine how Indiana State felt making their jump to the title game in 1979... THAT'S a Hell of a jump...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Found an article dated November 18, 2015, that said Sexton was stepping down as AD - https://www.kmuw.org/post/wsu-vp-stu...letic-director - the Shaq incident happened on October 22, 2015. Looks like Sexton resigned from WSU altogether in the summer of 2016 - https://www.kmuw.org/post/vp-student...-wichita-state

Boatright officially became AD on July 1, 2016. Here are links to the open records requests regarding his contracts. His first contract went from 2016-2019, and his current contract runs into 2022:

2016 contract - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/144/

2019 extension (scroll to the bottom of the page) - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/622/
      See here, Coach............FU, I'm the big dog with all the juice (that's just all speculation, but the timing is suspicious )

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

It really does make you wonder what all was going on..
        ​​​​​​-Why did Sexton really step down?
        -Was there a change in culture in the athletic department after Sexton stepped down that led up to the incidents in men's basketball?
        -Was there maybe less supervision after Sexton down that made coaches think they could get away with more?

I think the most disturbing part about this timeline of events is that it seems something might of been going on leading up to the Final 4 run, that wasn't good. Not gonna lie, even though we had the talent, it still seemed shocking how WSU could go from winning the NIT to maybe advancing to the 2nd round of the tournament to Omg, we're final 4 caliber. That's a hell of a jump
        I'll add this to the original post as well, but looks like Boatright was the interim AD starting in December 2015 - https://thesunflower.com/4148/news/b...etic-director/
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

See here, Coach............FU, I'm the big dog with all the juice (that's just all speculation, but the timing is suspicious )
          Speculation can turn one inside out. Remember that this was just a year or so after Sexton fired Stephenson and many Shocker fans were tying Sexton leaving to Baseball, and Stephenson. Who really knows. No one on here.

All this speculation and parsing of timelines, words, etc. reminds me too much of the Trump situation this year. Now Marshall and Boatright are the villains. Looking back, when Marshall was offered 4.5 Million dollars to go to Bama, everyone was sky high that the big guys came up with the money. Now we are looking for scapegoats, and tearing everything apart.

Just maybe Marshall isn't the villain everyone is painting. Maybe, he stepped over the line, and made some mistakes but maybe he has a lot of good qualities. Maybe he is a very good coach. Maybe the special times we've had shouldn't be vilified as one of the worst times in Shocker history instead of some of the best times in Shocker history. Remember how Smithson went out as a "crook". Now Marshall is vilified. Too many parallels to the treatment of Trump for my taste.

Comment

• Removed my post regarding Butler's separation agreement after realizing those agreements only happen after a dismissal.
            Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 14, 2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Suspend him for a month including this past week and have him do a online anger management course. Forget about getting rid of the best coach WSU has ever had.

I don’t get Shaq. He has screwed himself big time. I’m sure he could of had a good job in Wichita if his playing days are done. He could have done some commercials or pr work with his personality. I bet he wouldn’t have done this if his mom was still alive.

Comment

• Lets recap what we know since this all broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Lets recap what we know since this all broke.

Also....

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                    Suspend him for a month including this past week and have him do a online anger management course. Forget about getting rid of the best coach WSU has ever had.

I don’t get Shaq. He has screwed himself big time. I’m sure he could of had a good job in Wichita if his playing days are done. He could have done some commercials or pr work with his personality. I bet he wouldn’t have done this if his mom was still alive.
                    Bingo!

Mr. Morris has been getting educated on the ways of the Woke. Someone got into his head and asked him if Marshall called him boy while he was slapping him. Then they asked if he'd ever seen him slap a white dude. Sprinkle in a few months of letting those seeds simmer; throw in a BLM rally or two, and Shaq's ready to change his name to Mohammad, his religion to Islam, and proceed to cancelling his former slave owners.

Someone is gonna pay for Shaq's unhappiness!!!1111

If his momma were alive she'd probably say something like the following: Shaq dear, do you remember when no decent program wanted to give you a scholarship because they all thought you were lazy? Remember when that nice man from Wichita came to town and told you that you'd not only get to play on the biggest stage, but he promised us he would make you into a man? Remember when he also said that there will be pain involved and you'll likely want to quit many times; and if you make it through, you'll develop a confidence and power inside that will serve you for the rest of your life? Do you remember that honey? Gregg Marshall made good on his promises, now you need to make good on yours and do something with your life. And besides, you know momma has beaten you far more severely than Gregg Marshall ever could. Don't make me do it again.

Comment

• NM
                      Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 15, 2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Bingo!

Mr. Morris has been getting educated on the ways of the Woke. Someone got into his head and asked him if Marshall called him boy while he was slapping him. Then they asked if he'd ever seen him slap a white dude. Sprinkle in a few months of letting those seeds simmer; throw in a BLM rally or two, and Shaq's ready to change his name to Mohammad, his religion to Islam, and proceed to cancelling his former slave owners.

Someone is gonna pay for Shaq's unhappiness!!!1111

If his momma were alive she'd probably say something like the following: Shaq dear, do you remember when no decent program wanted to give you a scholarship because they all thought you were lazy? Remember when that nice man from Wichita came to town and told you that you'd not only get to play on the biggest stage, but he promised us he would make you into a man? Remember when he also said that there will be pain involved and you'll likely want to quit many times; and if you make it through, you'll develop a confidence and power inside that will serve you for the rest of your life? Do you remember that honey? Gregg Marshall made good on his promises, now you need to make good on yours and do something with your life. And besides, you know momma has beaten you far more severely than Gregg Marshall ever could. Don't make me do it again.
                        eh, not quite. I think that would be more noble than what actually happened.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Shaq should have finished his degree. Might have given him some other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                            Suspend him for a month including this past week and have him do a online anger management course. Forget about getting rid of the best coach WSU has ever had.

Bitterness can run deep if he feels he was mistreated and he feels Gregg never sincerely apologized. Especially true if your professional career has taken a turn for the worse and every time you look in the mirror you are reminded what your coach said would happen IS happening when you’re lazy and don’t put the work in.

There’s no excuse for not reporting something as egregious when it occurred. If it occurred, there could have been some real healing and work done on a supposed abusive personality. Now, there is nothing but pain, families being hurt, assistant coaches being uprooted, players being impacted, former players becoming torn, and Shaq being isolated and lost.

it could have been handled so much differently. A lose/lose for everyone except the next coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              Shaq should have finished his degree. Might have given him some other options.
                              I’m pretty sure he did get his degree.

Comment

• Guessing Shaq would receive the same treatment on here whether he reported the incident same day or 5 years after the fact. We'd hear the same narrative...**** his lazy ass.. blag blah blah

Comment

Working...
                                X