Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It was a joke dude.... can't you see that? It's like all they have in texas are steers and queers, and you sure don't look like a steer.....Does that offend me? No. Maybe because I am mature enough or smart enough to spot a joke when I see one.

But if your offended, oh well, no laws against offending someone, yet anyway.
    sorry, my bad. Things have been quite stressful here the last several weeks. CoVid, election, wildfires... guess my nerves were frayed. All's well.

Comment

• That's cool. If I knew you and you were a buddy, my response would have been, that since their from Washington not oregon, they aren't as likely. But I didn't want to sound like an ass.

I appreciate your apology and bid you cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

What I am missing? I thought Mike Leach was still coaching in college football.
        run out of Lubbock for mistreating players.

After 10 years of being the head coach of the Texas Tech Raiders, Mike Leach has just been fired. He was fired because of a situation with wide receiver Adam James, who had suffered a concussion, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You make it sound like kstate sent huggy bear packing. Whatever the case any comparisons to his departure should not be used in this case. Now I'll grant you Mangino.
          Only repeating what was said. I have no clue what transpired but if you do fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

run out of Lubbock for mistreating players.

After 10 years of being the head coach of the Texas Tech Raiders, Mike Leach has just been fired. He was fired because of a situation with wide receiver Adam James, who had suffered a concussion, ...

He needs to call Marshall and advise him on how to deal with fat little girlfriends. It seems like some of Marshall’s problems are when players listen to their fat little girl friends when their fat little girlfriends tell them how great they are.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You make it sound like kstate sent huggy bear packing. Whatever the case any comparisons to his departure should not be used in this case. Now I'll grant you Mangino.
              What the man was trying to point out was in the loss of the head coach for whatever the reason the institution is left with a vacuum to fill and often times takes a long time to recover if ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

What the man was trying to point out was in the loss of the head coach for whatever the reason the institution is left with a vacuum to fill and often times takes a long time to recover if ever.
                Huggy bear went home. Frank Martin did quite well. What's your point?

Comment

• No news on Monday or maybe ever...Marshall just shows up for the first game and little if anything is said publicly.

With Mark Mangino in the discussion, take comfort in the fact that the "flagship" has screwed itself on a monumental scale to the point where its football program is a national laughing stock. KU has had two bad AD's in a row, one that WSU fans are familiar with, Lew Perkins...his successor, Sheahon Zenger, was not in any way competent for a P5 level job. Also had a lady Chancellor who ran off the one qualified AD candidate in line to replace Perkins by lecturing him on morality. He went to North Carolina and KU ended up with Zenger who the Chancellor amazingly extended and raised on her way out of office knowing at the time that both he and fb coach David Beaty were probably going to get the ax.

Mangino, who Perkins ran off, did have personality problems but the manner in which he was dealt with by Perkins [ effectively sabotaging his final season ] was in my estimation unethical. The guy deserved a second chance to clean up his act. I think the WSU administration or the powers that be in Wichita can do better in regards to Marshall.
                  Last edited by N Crestway; November 10, 2020, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• The snooty KU phucks hated Mangino for being a fat slob and not fitting what they thought was their image. They were looking for a reason to dump him

Comment

• Now that they have a new AD and new administration, why don't they just hire Mangino back? He'd probably be extra motivated to prove to the ex-AD and ex-administration how wrong they were and the football community in KU (is there one?) would rejoice.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Now that they have a new AD and new administration, why don't they just hire Mangino back? He'd probably be extra motivated to prove to the ex-AD and ex-administration how wrong they were and the football community in KU (is there one?) would rejoice.
                        It would probably make sense if he were ten years younger. He's 64 right now.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If they knew it would work again, they'd do it in a heartbeat. They would give anything for their football program not to be a laughing stock. Remember the Bottom 10 article that was written every week regarding the bottom football programs?

Comment

• I was gonna go watch the movie, "Fantastic Beasts", but then I realized that it was "beasts"

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                              No news on Monday or maybe ever...Marshall just shows up for the first game and little if anything is said publicly.

With Mark Mangino in the discussion, take comfort in the fact that the "flagship" has screwed itself on a monumental scale to the point where its football program is a national laughing stock. KU has had two bad AD's in a row, one that WSU fans are familiar with, Lew Perkins...his successor, Sheahon Zenger, was not in any way competent for a P5 level job. Also had a lady Chancellor who ran off the one qualified AD candidate in line to replace Perkins by lecturing him on morality. He went to North Carolina and KU ended up with Zenger who the Chancellor amazingly extended and raised on her way out of office knowing at the time that both he and fb coach David Beaty were probably going to get the ax.

Mangino, who Perkins ran off, did have personality problems but the manner in which he was dealt with by Perkins [ effectively sabotaging his final season ] was in my estimation unethical. The guy deserved a second chance to clean up his act. I think the WSU administration or the powers that be in Wichita can do better in regards to Marshall.
                              Mangino had a problem. He couldn’t keep his hands off off of his players.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Mangino had a problem. He couldn’t keep his hands off off of his players.
                                He also apparently had a public anger issue at his son's football games....

Comment

Working...
                                X