Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    interesting that they have been investigating for 5 plus weeks... Marshall still isn't gone/fired/suspended... I would think 5+ weeks bodes well for him keeping his job at the moment.
    Factoring in the financial considerations I'm not surprised it's taking this long.
    Last edited by BostonWu; October 16, 2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Man, that’s the truth, although if someone is going to guess, make it at least a little evidence based.
      SWAG
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Yeah, and he can be held plenty accountable without firing him. There are a lot of takers on this board of what Coach has provided over the years. Not a lot of givers in his time of need.
        Could be the solution...university shortens Gregg's leash somewhat. Personally hoped for something medieval along the lines of crawling on hands and knees from Koch to a nearby chapel wearing sack cloth. Self flagellation another possibility...

At this point in time, Bill Self might also consider some form of medieval penance for last year's "late night" and other missteps.
        Last edited by N Crestway; October 16, 2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Yeah, and he can be held plenty accountable without firing him.
          Force him to receive counseling, unsweeten his contract, think he'd accept that?

Comment

• I never cease to be amazed by the fair weather nature of most people.
            Everybody loved it when 3G came into town and took us to the highest levels we have ever accomplished.
            And since we had Ralph Miller, and Gene Smithson, we had some pretty good heights.
            Marshall has significantly outdone them all.

Now that HE is in a plckle, everybody is quick to judge and ready to move on.
            I don't think so.

If anyone thinks that if Marshall is fired that WSU will not take a step back for a decade, wake up and smell the coffee.

Whatever occurred between Marshall and Shaq, Shaq stuck around for another two years.
            That says a lot to me.

There is not doubt Marshall is a tough coach.
            It is very likely he went "over the top" a few times verbally, and possibly physically.
            Anybody that came to play for Marshall knew what they were getting into, he did not hide it.

So, I believe he should be allowed to stay, regartdless of what is discovered.

My God what a bunch of pansies we have become in our new 'cancel culture."

I grew up in an era of "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."
            The law is that you cannot incite someone into violence with just words.
            If he said some bad things, then he should be sanctioned.

I would stick with him, and not just because he wins.
            He is obviously loyal to his players.
            He could have easily tossed Shaq, but he didn't, he stuck with him.
            Like Clarenct Thomas found out, when is protoge stabbed him in the back, there is no loyalty.

Why did not Shaq bring this to the attention of administration instead of to a reporter?
            I loved Shaq as a Shocker, and wish him no ill will.
            But I think he has been supremely disloyal by the way he played this.

I believe in loyalty.
            I know from running businesses, there is no loyalty, or it is extremely rare, in employees.
            People you meet over the years you think will be lifetime friends, but they turn out to just be transitory acquintances.

Marshall put us into the AAC.
            He made WSU a recognized national basketball power.
            He put 20 kids into the pros.

He remains avaiable to any player, including Shaq, I am sure.
            He is a good man.
            He may have made some bad decisions over 13 years, which of us has not?

Put yourself in his shoes.
            If I were him, if I read this board, I would feel totally betrayed by the people who loved him when everything was good.
            Again, there is no loyalty.

We should expect that he gets more than a fair shake and every opportunity to stay here if he wants to.
            If I were him, I am not sure I would want to anymore.

Comment

• I like the suggestion of John Beilein, a bit long in the tooth for me; but I found Cobb's suggestion of Travis DeCuire, Montana coach, interesting --

DeCuire has racked up a 127-71 overall record in six seasons at Montana, including a gaudy 85-27 mark in the Big Sky, while leading the Grizzlies to two NCAA Tournament appearances. He's due for a break, and Wichita State feels like the perfect caliber opportunity.

Montana's got a solid track record of producing coaches who succeed in higher profile jobs. DeCuire's predecessor, Wayne Tinkle, left for the Oregon State job and is still there. Tinkle's predecessor, Larry Krystkowiak left for the Utah job and is still there. Go back a little further and you'll find that Mike Montgomery jumped from Montana to Stanford and led the Cardinal to 12 NCAA Tournament appearances in 18 seasons. Ironically, DeCuire later worked for Montgomery as an assistant at Cal before landing the Montana job.

The 49-year-old DeCuire set the school record for assists at Montana in the early 1990s and is on track to set some school records as a coach there, too. So while he might not leave his alma mater for just any job, the prestige and life-changing money that Wichita State could offer would surely make the decision a no-brainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

My loyalty is to the University, not to the coach. If he did wrong, then he has to be held accountable. If he didn't do wrong then those who lied need to be held accountable.
                There is a lot of ways that the truth can be manipulated, or at least changed so that it isn't the truth. When they go by eye witnesses, there is a lot of gray. The truth for GM is important too. That said, I don't know the truth either.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                  I never cease to be amazed by the fair weather nature of most people.
                  Everybody loved it when 3G came into town and took us to the highest levels we have ever accomplished.
                  And since we had Ralph Miller, and Gene Smithson, we had some pretty good heights.

I don't think so.

If anyone thinks that if Marshall is fired that WSU will not take a step back for a decade, wake up and smell the coffee.

Whatever occurred between Marshall and Shaq, Shaq stuck around for another two years.
                  That says a lot to me.

It is very likely he went "over the top" a few times verbally, and possibly physically.
                  Anybody that came to play for Marshall knew what they were getting into, he did not hide it.

I grew up in an era of "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

Like Clarenct Thomas found out, when is protoge stabbed him in the back, there is no loyalty.

Why did not Shaq bring this to the attention of administration instead of to a reporter?

I believe in loyalty.
                  I know from running businesses, there is no loyalty, or it is extremely rare, in employees.
                  People you meet over the years you think will be lifetime friends, but they turn out to just be transitory acquintances.

He is a good man.

If I were him, if I read this board, I would feel totally betrayed by the people who loved him when everything was good.

We should expect that he gets more than a fair shake and every opportunity to stay here if he wants to.
                  Dave IMO WSU and Shocker fans have given Marshall "...more that a fair shake and every opportunity to stay..."; but again IMO the time has arrived for Marshall to retire.

Comment

• 1976 is back holding the distinction of both biggest loser and dumbest person on the planet!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      interesting that they have been investigating for 5 plus weeks... Marshall still isn't gone/fired/suspended... I would think 5+ weeks bodes well for him keeping his job at the moment.
                      It takes awhile to make sure all the videos have been destroyed and people payed off.

They don’t want to announce that they found no wrong doing and then new allegations or videos show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                        I never cease to be amazed by the fair weather nature of most people.

I don't think so.

That says a lot to me.

I believe in loyalty.

He is a good man.

see above

Comment

• I can't wait until we get back to talking about how great we are, how much we suck, why we can't make free throws. Anything just to talk about the team playing ball. 2020 has been a real b1tch!

Comment

• Wonder if ******* is firing up an investigation

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder if ******* is firing up an investigation
                              Abandon Ship!

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Abandon Ship!
                                The question everyone is asking: Where does he go?

The question I’m asking: Is the pay cut worth it to him?
                                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Working...
                                X