No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So looks like Shaq tried to have a youth camp in Wichita earlier in the year and apparently didn’t go well. Must be hurting for cash. Explains the payout for the article. Feel bad for the kid. Continues to make poor choices.

Comment

• Shock - you sound like a loon about these 50k payments absent any source or evidence

Comment

• I know Ramon. I know several other former players from Marshall’s early years decently well.

They would all say the same thing: Marshall is a hard ass, Marshall swears like a sailor, etc.

They almost laughed about it. Nothing from their reactions or retellings would indicate anything sinister going on.

This whole story reeks. If all they have is one disgruntled player and some former transfers, it seems more hit-piecey to me.

If you want to reel me an and get me to believe this, get me players like: Toure, Stutz, Fred, Wessal, Ron, Hatch, Kelly, etc. saying this same stuff. THAT would get people buying in.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Three outcomes I see:

1 - Nothing happens: This goes away. Life moves on.

2 - Marshall is Fired: He’s gone. They try to throw money at someone like Belien and keep the $$$ ship moving.

3 - Marshall Retires: He and WSU reach a settlement. He brings in Jans to be the HC. Marshall gets some BS job in the AD in a couple years.

Which of these is more or least likely, right now? I have no clue.
          As far as first scenario you'd have Antifa patty and a whole student mob scene on campus.

Comment

Three outcomes I see:

2 - Marshall is Fired: He’s gone. They try to throw money at someone like Belien and keep the $$$ ship moving.

3 - Marshall Retires: He and WSU reach a settlement. He brings in Jans to be the HC. Marshall gets some BS job in the AD in a couple years.

Which of these is most or least likely, right now? I have no clue.
            Forgot 4:

4 - WSU brings back Football ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Ramon Clemente @RamonClemente 20s

I almost quit WSU my JR year because I hit a wall. Coach Marshal got in my ass and challenged me as a Man. I could have walked or finish what I’ve started and what I started is what you see today. I help set that tone of taking no BS from anyone and that was my value. That WSU!

@RamonClemente 3m

The culture of Wichita State University is toughness and I stand behind that 100%. I’ve been in situations overseas and in real life that If I didn’t apply what I was taught from Gregg Marshall I would have been folded. The real world isn’t easy.

@RamonClemente 5m

I came to Wichita State University a unpolished, cocky, arrogant kids from Queens New York. I’m so in debt to Coach Marshall for changing my life knowing where I could have ended up back home. My Coach saved my life

@RamonClemente 8m

What I won’t do is speak on other people’s situation. But what I can say is Coach turned me into a man, I won 11 games my first year at WSU so I seen every side of that man, the good and the ugly. I never folded because I believed in him that much.

@RamonClemente 14m

Was Gregg Marshall a tough Coach 100% yes. But that’s what I signed up for and I never expected anything easy from that man. But 11 years later I still apply that toughness to the person that I am today. I’ve been successful since I left campus and Coach is a huge part in that.

@RamonClemente 23m

Before I let these tweets fly I’m in no way insensitive to anyone. I’m just speaking my truth on Coach Marshall and as his first recruit signing I feel I must say something.

@RamonClemente 25m

My heart is heavy on this subject and I had to sleep on it. Out of fear of choosing sides and looking bad to one side. All I can do is speak my truth.

@RamonClemente 10h

What should I do in this situation right now?

Comment

• ******* has been after Marshall long before Shaq was a Shocker. Shaq getting 50K is a small price for all those who will benefit by killing Shockers basketball. The racial caca is the biggest absurdity. What did he call Stevenson?

Comment

• Are we just recruiting different type of players or are kids softer these days?
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

As far as first scenario you'd have Antifa patty and a whole student mob scene on campus.
                    Most of them could give f***all about sports.

They would get board and/or lazy and move on to the newest “transgression” in their lives.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      Are we just recruiting different type of players or are kids softer these days?
                      Both

Comment

Three outcomes I see:

Which of these is most or least likely, right now? I have no clue.
                        The PR is way too bad for option 1 to
                        happen. Way too much to shove this under the rug and move on IMO.

Comment

• Curious if this particular tweet of the string of tweet from Ramon will trigger any other former players to come forward

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                            So looks like Shaq tried to have a youth camp in Wichita earlier in the year and apparently didn’t go well. Must be hurting for cash. Explains the payout for the article. Feel bad for the kid. Continues to make poor choices.
                            Looks like he is a new father as well. Money issues could be looming large.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Curious if this particular tweet of the string of tweet from Ramon will trigger any other former players to come forward
                              I see Joe Ragland agreed with Ramon 100%. That’s 2 players in the last 20 minutes supporting Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Curious if this particular tweet of the string of tweet from Ramon will trigger any other former players to come forward
                                Ron and Fred's response is important (if there is one)

Comment

Working...
                                X