Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleed yellow
    replied
    If Podcasts are still a thing 20 years from now this situation will be in one of the major podcasts like Buzzfeed Unsolved. And it really does deserve a re-visit in story format eventually

​​​​​​-Marshall occasionally says weird things to the media, no one really thinks twice about it cause of the winning

​​​​​-Transfers, transfers, transfers. No one is talking

-2020 WSU cancels Ivanka Trump visit amid rioting concerns

-WSU boosters rumored to not be happy about canceling Ivanka

-President Golden under fire. Dusts off a old stack of papers on his desk he in inherited from Bardo

-Internal investigation launched into Marshall as Golden resigns as WSU president

The rest is history

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Knowing that everything I say is available via FOIA, there is NO WAY I would exit interview as a player. That's just straight up wrong.
    I know I didn’t. And that was before most internet data dumps.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Knowing that everything I say is available via FOIA, there is NO WAY I would exit interview as a player. That's just straight up wrong.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Compared to the 24 from the women’s track team. Lmao. That is lame journalism.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I hate to tell you, but the student athletes have to want to do the interviews.
    ...and when they do, right or wrong, it’s more likely that they have an axe to grind. That’s not dogging the kids. That’s just human nature. Look at any hotel/restaurant review board. People are more prone to make a review when they have a complaint.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I hate to tell you, but the student athletes have to want to do the interviews.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    NCAA’s Exit Interview Process Seems To Be Failing The Athletes - FORBES
    Karen Weaver, Contributor
    Aug 10, 2021,08:30am EDT

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenwe...h=62640f1d5769

"...Article 6.3 of the NCAA Manual requires athletic programs to conduct some form of an “exit interview” (or an end-of-the-season interview) with all teams....

Concerns about athlete welfare should be on any athletic administrator’s radar. But here’s the rub: If athletes are leaving your programs, they are under no mandate to explain why.

Various news outlets have submitted Freedom of Information Act requests to obtain athlete exit interview forms and published them over the last couple of years. Some schools post the forms on their websites; others make copies and distribute them during in-person meetings. Still other programs use more sophisticated data analysis provided by companies like Real Response and Athlete ViewPoint.

Another example comes from Wichita State University’s highly successful men’s basketball program.

In the spring of 2019, six scholarship players and a signed recruit left the program. In October 2020, allegations surfaced that men’s basketball coach Gregg Marshall had punched a former WSU player and put his hands around the neck of a staff member between 2016 and 2019. (Marshall denied the accusations.) Local outlet KSN.com requested access to exit interviews for those same years. It was notable that just one men’s basketball player completed a survey during that time period, compared with 24 from the women’s track team. The basketball player reported both positive and negative experiences.

Marshall resigned under pressure in November of 2020...."

Leave a comment:

• Speed
    replied
    and Tekele Cotton was my favorite player!

Leave a comment:

• Speed
    replied
    I'm watching the MO State game that WSU goes 31-0. Its all about teamwork & respect. Its sad what has developed.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by wichita View Post

Aargh....your analysis is usually the most unbiased on the Forum, it is greatly appreciated for those of us who are not just cheerleaders.
    Or Chickenhawk trolls.

Leave a comment:

• wichita
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Marshall made WSU a national name brand. He did great work in the community and donated time and money to charitable causes. He got the city national, positive attention by getting better TV exposure through the basketball team. He was well-liked and respected in the community.

The video of the meltdown in Canada was seen on a lot of basketball message boards, and it got brought up almost every time another school had an opening for a coach. Yes, other schools still wanted to talk to him after seeing that video - some not so much.

Mark Few makes $1.8 mill a year. Marshall made $3.5 mill a year. Marshall is going to make almost as much as Few for the next 6 years for doing nothing.

So, is Few an idiot for not pursuing every P5 job that opened up and Marshall is a genius for going after every job he could in order to maximize his pay? Or is Marshall the guy who said, "stay where you're happy", but then tried every avenue to leave, while Few actually stayed where he was happy? My attitude in that area is either stay and ask for a raise, or leave. Don't go shopping for the highest bidder and threaten to leave every year. That's a low-life move that's only going to work with an inexperienced or incompetent AD. Marshal's AD was both and he took advantage of that.

The loyalty WSU showed to Marshall was incredibly higher than the loyalty Marshall showed to WSU. Marshall's loyalty was tied to $$.

Marshall made his F4 run with 3 NBA players on the roster. He continued making NCAA runs with 2 of those 3 on the roster. Since then he's had one NBA player, who only played 2 years, and another NBA prospect who transferred after two years.

Marshall is a good coach who can develop players and win games. A great coach would have recruited more PG's than FVV and AG in the last 6 or 7 years. A great coach would have recruited more legitimate post players than Stutz (one year) and Morris (one year) over a 14-year period. Marshall is a likely HoF coach after getting the Natty CoY.

Several players Marshall coached have done great in Euro ball after they graduated. Frankamp is hitting a higher % of shots than he did at WSU. Zach Brown is scorching nets, which he didn't do at WSU. Rashard Kelly is hitting shots. Those guys are performing better against pro competition than they did against the MVC.

We're not likely to hire a great coach, but Marshall was a good coach who was being paid as if he was a great coach.

It was Dana Ford who found and recruited VanVleet. It was either Heiar or Jans who found Baker and convinced Marshall to take a look at him.

This last recruiting class was an incredible reaction to a mass mutiny. It moved recruiting from MVC levels to AAC levels, with the exception of a post player.

I think that if Shaq's complaint and the report about Linstead were the only clouds hanging over Marshall, that could have been handled, although it would have require some (unlikely) humility form Marshall. Since it wasn't handled, I suspect there was more we are not aware of.
    Aargh....your analysis is usually the most unbiased on the Forum, it is greatly appreciated for those of us who are not just cheerleaders.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I cannot see one bit of value in Mumbles .........! He is a vile bitter little person.... probably thinks he is a journalist

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Yes, ******* is a vile piece of trash!

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Here are a couple examples of ******* bringing up Marshall. One had to deal with Seth Greenberg after ******* tweeted an article about Marshall by Eldridge:

From reading other tweets replying to it, it appears ******* didn't like the what Greenberg said about the whole situation when asked about it on a CBS broadcast. Greenberg basically said he talked about basketball games and would wait for the facts to come out.

The other instance regarded Mark Adams, who had called the WSU vs Missouri game. A week later ******* put Missouri in his poll and Adams mentioned they had said on TV a week earlier that Missouri was a top 25 team. ******* didn't like that and threw out the Marshall card:

But Adams fired back with a couple tweets

and

I cannot see one bit of value in Mumbles .........! He is a vile bitter little person.... probably thinks he is a journalist

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He’s on the track team and thinks he can park wherever he wants.
    If he did punch a student, I really hope it was that guy. I think we can all agree he had it coming sometime in life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X