X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post

I'm confused as to how She left the university and joined the air force and attained the rank of Lt Commander of the Nurse Corp. Lax can correct me but I was unaware of such a rank in the Air Force. Lt Commander is a Naval rank. I am confused.
    Maybe she was actually in the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps if she was some kind of nurse? Don't know, just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; August 18, 2021, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    Originally posted by top20shock View Post
    So a Karen and a leftist academic weaseled Marshall out? Then do gooder types come in and tell us that the wreckage isn’t that bad and WSU basketball won’t slip. “We won the COVID year league!” “Proof”. Hmm, no parallels to the greater culture here.
    Actually, it was the boosters and the AD who weaseled Marshall out. Those are the people who saw the results of the investigation hired and paid for by WSU. After seeing the report and Marshall's public statement denying everything, the boosters apparently agreed to put up millions of dollars to remove Marshall from the WSU program. Those boosters were Marshall's most ardent supporters.

Marshall was offered an opportunity to stay if he admitted wrongdoing, some other stipulations, and a renegotiated contract. He refused and issued a statement denying everything.

Those who saw the investigation paid for by WSU decided to pay him millions not to return. Those were his most ardent supporters. They know more than we know. Something in the report we will never see convinced Marshall's strongest supporters to switch from paying him millions to stay to paying him millions to leave.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    This article in the Sunflower presents a picture of her
    I'm confused as to how She left the university and joined the air force and attained the rank of Lt Commander of the Nurse Corp. Lax can correct me but I was unaware of such a rank in the Air Force. Lt Commander is a Naval rank. I am confused.

Leave a comment:

• top20shock
    replied
    So a Karen and a leftist academic weaseled Marshall out? Then do gooder types come in and tell us that the wreckage isn’t that bad and WSU basketball won’t slip. “We won the COVID year league!” “Proof”. Hmm, no parallels to the greater culture here.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Oh, she’s lovely (tongue FIRMLY in cheek). Doc and I sat near her in Indy during Dayton NCAA game in 2017. It seemed like she bitched at every single call that went against WSU, even obvious good calls. Then, at halftime, she was complaining that her people watching at home said that the TV guys were making too big a deal of Dayton’s best player. I snapped something to the effect of, “HE HAS FIFTEEN POINTS AT HALF. WHY THE HELL WOULDN’T THEY TALK ABOUT HIM???”

She found different seats for Kentucky game. Probably because she didn’t want me to serve her more glasses of STFU juice.
    If recall correctly, she was stalking basketball player and the AD had to tell her to back off - that ended up pushing her over the edge to go to Muma and complain about GGG.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Just curious does anyone know Patty personally? Just curious what she's like in real life. I've never met her but been stalked on Facebook on multiple occasions.
    Oh, she’s lovely (tongue FIRMLY in cheek). Doc and I sat near her in Indy during Dayton NCAA game in 2017. It seemed like she bitched at every single call that went against WSU, even obvious good calls. Then, at halftime, she was complaining that her people watching at home said that the TV guys were making too big a deal of Dayton’s best player. I snapped something to the effect of, “HE HAS FIFTEEN POINTS AT HALF. WHY THE HELL WOULDN’T THEY TALK ABOUT HIM???”

She found different seats for Kentucky game. Probably because she didn’t want me to serve her more glasses of STFU juice.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker1976
    replied
    This article in the Sunflower presents a picture of her
    Patty Beamer keeps a signed picture of former Shocker Carl Hall in her office. Hall, a 6-foot-8 senior on Wichita State’s Final Four team, signed the picture, “ To Patty: Thanks for looking out for me.” Beamer is always looking out for others — and when she set her sights on Hall, she noticed something...

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Not far off. Add some age and testosterone and you've got it.

Leave a comment:

• MoValley John
    replied
    Just curious does anyone know Patty personally? Just curious what she's like in real life. I've never met her but been stalked on Facebook on multiple occasions.
    I hear she looks something like this.

netflix-tiger-king-carole-baskin-1584965165.jpg

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Chuck and several others were willing to pay him, but they won’t pay you anything. It’s all relative to what economic forces say you’re worth.
    Indeed. The market dictates.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Nice comeback, lady. You are correct though.

Much like HCGM I was underpaid when I was really performing at my peak and I'm overpaid today based on **** I did over a decade ago.
    Chuck and several others were willing to pay him, but they won’t pay you anything. It’s all relative to what economic forces say you’re worth.

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

You’re massively overpaid.
    Nice comeback, lady. You are correct though.

Much like HCGM I was underpaid when I was really performing at my peak and I'm overpaid today based on **** I did over a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Originally posted by BOBB View Post

It's true. He was massively overpaid.
    You’re massively overpaid.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

Depends on how you look at it. How much money did WSU pay him versus how much WSU would have had to pay for the same level of national exposure? The product extends beyond the basketball court.
    This

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    She's a public figure, correct? Any photo? Maybe We know her but just have not realized it..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X