Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Crestway
    replied
    If an invitation was extended, simply good manners to allow Ivanka to speak. Sad to say social justice warriors from all over the place would indeed have shown up on campus to protest Ivanka. Not a fan of Trump at all but to in effect go negative and cancel his somewhat goofy daughter was a spiteful move on Golden's part.

When you look at Golden's stellar resume, the only potential negative that I can see is the indication that as a globalist planner, he probably thought that he knew best in terms of the big picture for the world and everybody in it.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

Why don’t you tell us how you really feel?
    One last thing. I had a VERY small tie to this program. I was fortunate to observe a lot of what they were doing from beginning to end. I didn't particularly agree with the public funding of a lot of what they did (and to be fair, they did secure a ton of PRIVATE funding too) and as is the case too often the waste and inefficiency in such a program was incredible. BUT SOMEONE was at least trying to teach a person to fish. People were trying to add to the fiber of our community, trying to strengthen the local economy by providing companies with skilled labor, and people with the skills and knowledge to perform that needed labor. Mostly these were people that possessed little if any chance to succeed in this society on their own. I will certainly applaud and support that effort, even if I may disagree with the execution.

The right thing to do was to embrace the support from Ivanka. ANY DEVIATION from full fledged support was mindnumbingly moronic and irresponsible. There can be zero legitimate defense of any opposition.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    It might not have played into firing Marshall, but both things played into Golden’s agenda.

Dude tried to single-handily weak a university finically in a under a years time.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    My comment about the convoluted logic was placing Ivanka's situation into the timeline for the Marshall investigation. Eliminating the ******* article from that timeline is a mistake. I doubt the boosters who committed the funds for Marshall's retirement contract were Biden supporters.

Trying to put the Ivanka situation into the timeline for Marshall's resignation is nothing but an incredibly weak argument to put a political spin on Marshall's resignation.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    The daughter of the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES flew to Wichita to see WSU TECH, to see what they were doing that was successful.

She WANTED to see it. She did it about as quietly as the daughter of the President can possibly do something. She believed in what was being done there.

COVID or not, we should have not only rolled out the red carpet for her, it should have been IVANKA ****ING TRUMP day in Wichita.

And if you can't understand the significance of that opportunity, there's nothing I can do for you or anyone else.
    Why don’t you tell us how you really feel?

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Somebody had to inform Ivanka (the POTUS Daughter) she was no longer welcome to be the featured keynote, and as you said downgraded, and furthermore, her support, kind words, and national publicity was not appreciated. Also, that politics were more important to our University than the future if it.
    Well said

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

that's one of the most convoluted logic trails and most egregious misunderstandings of cause and effect I've encountered on SN - and that's saying something. You forgot *******'s article that got national attention.

Ivanka wasn't cancelled, she was moved from keynote virtual speaker to featured virtual speaker. The link to listen to what she had to say was moved, but still easily accessible. Any who wanted to hear her still had the opportunity. Any who didn't want to listen to her still had that opportunity. The only change was the position of the link and the terminology of her label. Her position was downgraded, but definitely not cancelled.
    Somebody had to inform Ivanka (the POTUS Daughter) she was no longer welcome to be the featured keynote, and as you said downgraded, and furthermore, her support, kind words, and national publicity was not appreciated. Also, that politics were more important to our University than the future if it.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

that's one of the most convoluted logic trails and most egregious misunderstandings of cause and effect I've encountered on SN - and that's saying something. You forgot *******'s article that got national attention.

Ivanka wasn't cancelled, she was moved from keynote virtual speaker to featured virtual speaker. The link to listen to what she had to say was moved, but still easily accessible. Any who wanted to hear her still had the opportunity. Any who didn't want to listen to her still had that opportunity. The only change was the position of the link and the terminology of her label. Her position was downgraded, but definitely not cancelled.
    They went as far as they could without locking her out in the cold. They knew the blow back would be too much to ask her not to come all together. Considering, she was here early in on the. WSU Tech project, her being the keynote speaker made perfect sense. She was only removed for her earned role as keynote speaker for political reasons.

If you think it is as simple as they just moved the schedule around or just changed up the speaker rotation, then, as a you say: “that's one of the most convoluted logic trails and most egregious misunderstandings of cause and effect I've encountered on SN - and that's saying something”

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    From what I have heard from various folks FPGolden interviewed very well and said ALL of the right things during the process. Got on campus and it became all about him and HIS agenda. I for one am glad he is gone.
    You’re not the only one to hear this.

He was a snake. The signs were there almost immediately.

It’s a good thing Bardo was able to do so much good before Golden came in.

———

This part is just my opinion, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if their was evidence out there to prove it:

I believe that he didn’t like it that the basketball coach was more like/respected than he was.

That’s why he had a vendetta to be the man to take Marshall out and win woke and cool points all at once.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    The daughter of the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES flew to Wichita to see WSU TECH, to see what they were doing that was successful.

She WANTED to see it. She did it about as quietly as the daughter of the President can possibly do something. She believed in what was being done there.

COVID or not, we should have not only rolled out the red carpet for her, it should have been IVANKA ****ING TRUMP day in Wichita.

And if you can't understand the significance of that opportunity, there's nothing I can do for you or anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    If Podcasts are still a thing 20 years from now this situation will be in one of the major podcasts like Buzzfeed Unsolved. And it really does deserve a re-visit in story format eventually

​​​​​​-Marshall occasionally says weird things to the media, no one really thinks twice about it cause of the winning

​​​​​-Transfers, transfers, transfers. No one is talking

-2020 WSU cancels Ivanka Trump visit amid rioting concerns

-WSU boosters rumored to not be happy about canceling Ivanka

-President Golden under fire. Dusts off a old stack of papers on his desk he in inherited from Bardo

-Internal investigation launched into Marshall as Golden resigns as WSU president

The rest is history

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I heard that Golden told 3G that he was massively overpaid. I don't think there was much love and respect their. Just the opposite.
    If that is true...

Wow.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    From what I have heard from various folks FPGolden interviewed very well and said ALL of the right things during the process. Got on campus and it became all about him and HIS agenda. I for one am glad he is gone.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

You missed a step:

Patty Beamer tells Golden that Marshall is mean.
    I heard that Golden told 3G that he was massively overpaid. I don't think there was much love and respect their. Just the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    If Podcasts are still a thing 20 years from now this situation will be in one of the major podcasts like Buzzfeed Unsolved. And it really does deserve a re-visit in story format eventually

​​​​​​-Marshall occasionally says weird things to the media, no one really thinks twice about it cause of the winning

​​​​​-Transfers, transfers, transfers. No one is talking

-2020 WSU cancels Ivanka Trump visit amid rioting concerns

-WSU boosters rumored to not be happy about canceling Ivanka

-President Golden under fire. Dusts off a old stack of papers on his desk he in inherited from Bardo

-Internal investigation launched into Marshall as Golden resigns as WSU president

The rest is history
    You missed a step:

Patty Beamer tells Golden that Marshall is mean.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X