No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Notre Dame, for saving college football and, likely, college basketball.
    The Assman

Comment

• So does this mean I very first game will be a Battle of Atlantis game?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        So does this mean I very first game will be a Battle of Atlantis game?
        They may be moving the tournament back in order to accommodate two or three games before it. We should know more in the next week or two.

Comment

• Comment

• Wasn't Duke one of the very first universities to pull out of the NCAA postseason?
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Duke is in the process of making a multi team event that will be hosted at Duke.

I wish that was a joke but it isn't. Their reputation is intact.

Comment

• There will be no Battle 4 Atlantis.

Comment

• The Duke Invitational has been relocated to the Duke campus with new teams hand picked by Duke

Comment

• Elitist mentality at its finest.
                    The Assman

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Found a little Shocker Basketball talk with Taylor.

Comment

• Yeap. They keep telling us about how athletic this team is going to be. Bla Bla Bla. And that we will have better point guard play this year. That's the one thing I might agree with. But how much better do you have to be after spending last year looking at the horrible pg play we saw. But will this team be able to shoot free throws? From what the stats show last year this could be the worst team in Coach M history to shoot free throws.

All three point guards that were recruited shoot less than 67% from the free throw line. I am talking about A Gilbert, Trevin Wade, and C. Porter. The pg on any legitimate basketball team has got to shoot free throws better than 67%. And WSU returning front line is even worse. Tre Wade, Morris U, and IPBC are horrible free throw shooters. Tre Wade is the best at a hot percentage of 58%.

With all the transfers during the off season last year and this obvious chink in free throw shooting no wonder the so called media basketball experts think the shocks will not be very good this year. I hope the media experts are wrong. But a blind man can see that the shocks may have problems this year.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              Yeap. They keep telling us about how athletic this team is going to be. Bla Bla Bla. And that we will have better point guard play this year. That's the one thing I might agree with. But how much better do you have to be after spending last year looking at the horrible pg play we saw. But will this team be able to shoot free throws? From what the stats show last year this could be the worst team in Coach M history to shoot free throws.

All three point guards that were recruited shoot less than 67% from the free throw line. I am talking about A Gilbert, Trevin Wade, and C. Porter. The pg on any legitimate basketball team has got to shoot free throws better than 67%. And WSU returning front line is even worse. Tre Wade, Morris U, and IPBC are horrible free throw shooters. Tre Wade is the best at a hot percentage of 58%.

With all the transfers during the off season last year and this obvious chink in free throw shooting no wonder the so called media basketball experts think the shocks will not be very good this year. I hope the media experts are wrong. But a blind man can see that the shocks may have problems this year.

Everything you allude to is true to an extent. However the team last year even with less than stellar PG play still was in the hunt for a spot in the ncaa. The games we got pummeled was due to a great extent a lack of comparable athleticism. With the new comers I would think our problems will be in the fact they are so young. I think we will see better team oriented basketball as the season progresses. Biggest concern for me is how JB can adapt to the 4 and or 5 position and the improvement from our other big guys. Other than that I will still wear my yellow tinted glasses drinking from my eternally half full glass. Go Shocks

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X