• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I want more! Thanks!!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I want more! Thanks!!
      Agreed. And we'd pay/subscribe to a service to watch us some Shocker bball in this household.
      And if I may say THANK YOU for the choice of background music. Wasn't distracting nor did it make me want to stop watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Agreed. And we'd pay/subscribe to a service to watch us some Shocker bball in this household.
        And if I may say THANK YOU for the choice of background music. Wasn't distracting nor did it make me want to stop watching.
        Agree... the background music was solid.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Agree... the background music was solid.
            I've always been a big Nina Simone fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

I've always been a big Nina Simone fan!
              Not to derail the thread but I will just leave this here. No need to say anything further...

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Ticket info, a little general info, can be found here.

https://goshockers.com/sports/2020/6...-fan-page.aspx

Doesn't appear many of us will get to go to the games.

This may be the best news we hear for awhile.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; September 8, 2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Battle for Atlantis likely getting moved from the Bahamas .... to South Dakota. Glad I wasn't able to attend this year anyways.

Comment

• Comment

• What does that even mean? Instead of a first 4, you'd have to play 94 games (188 teams) to get to 256 for a true bracket. Anything more than that and you're just splitting hairs about conference tournaments that are basically elimination games already.

162 teams would get a one round bye. Then it would go 256, 128, 64, 32, Sweet16, Elite 8 and Final 4. Two extra games for the top 162, potentially 3 extra games for the Cinderella to beat all Cinderellas.

Which is fine, except how do you do that, logistically, in 2021? Travel restrictions etc. Sounds like a huge nightmare that would almost certainly fall apart, to me at least. Even if you impose some baseball thinking and get regional, Tulane v ORU and Kstate v Texas State at where? You'd need almost 50 destinations, or play them at home arenas which would make more sense but then doesn't that defeat the premise of a real tournament if you have to play a road game to get into the main draw of 256? I mean, I'm glad we're talking about it...…...

Comment

• My guess is that they would do some sort of conference tournament thing that would narrow down the field substantially.

Comment

• Yes.

Taking into account conference tournament play, every team does participate in the Big Dance. An 11-19 can keep on winning all the way to the Final Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                What does that even mean? Instead of a first 4, you'd have to play 94 games (188 teams) to get to 256 for a true bracket. Anything more than that and you're just splitting hairs about conference tournaments that are basically elimination games already.

162 teams would get a one round bye. Then it would go 256, 128, 64, 32, Sweet16, Elite 8 and Final 4. Two extra games for the top 162, potentially 3 extra games for the Cinderella to beat all Cinderellas.

Which is fine, except how do you do that, logistically, in 2021? Travel restrictions etc. Sounds like a huge nightmare that would almost certainly fall apart, to me at least. Even if you impose some baseball thinking and get regional, Tulane v ORU and Kstate v Texas State at where? You'd need almost 50 destinations, or play them at home arenas which would make more sense but then doesn't that defeat the premise of a real tournament if you have to play a road game to get into the main draw of 256? I mean, I'm glad we're talking about it...…...
                                It would have to be the college basketball equivalent of the US Open Cup in soccer.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X