No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Woodward will be the men's PA announcer.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...KzliidUMljK89s
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      Ted Woodward will be the men's PA announcer.

Insert ‘sad trombone’ sound effect... hoped for something new and bigger time. Oh well, Ted will do well.

Last edited by WstateU; August 28, 2020, 03:31 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Insert ‘sad trombone’ sound effect... hoped for something new and bigger time. Oh well, Ted will do well.
        Not to be snarky but just legitimately curious about what you think. What would you consider to be “new and bigger time?” Who else in south-central Kansas would be better? Bob Shepherd wasn’t exactly walking through that door.
        78-65

Comment

• who was it that filled in for don a few years ago that was pretty upbeat?

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
            who was it that filled in for don a few years ago that was pretty upbeat?
            Taylor said that Don only missed two games ever and that Ted filled in both times.
            78-65

Comment

Went to school with Ted. Graduated same class. If you had told me that he would end up as the announcer guyu for Wichita State basketball games, I would have told you you were crazy. Then again, I thought my best friend was going to end up a meteorologist.

Comment

• Memphis got a waiver for Nolley. They will be pretty good this year. It's really too bad the only person in the last 782 years to not get a waiver was Teddy Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Memphis got a waiver for Nolley. They will be pretty good this year. It's really too bad the only person in the last 782 years to not get a waiver was Teddy Allen.
                  Dude, get your facts right. It's been 783 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Memphis got a waiver for Nolley. They will be pretty good this year. It's really too bad the only person in the last 782 years to not get a waiver was Teddy Allen.
                    Waiver for what? To sit all season and not play a single game of basketball? Anyone else feel the season slipping through the fingers? I just don't see any way this is happening.

Comment

• There’s more optimism than a month ago. If the leagues can stay away from politics, there’s a chance. It sounds more like the Big 10 football was canceled by politicians from New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Maryland, and Illinois. If the Big 12, SEC, and ACC pull it off for a while, who knows. The fact they made the decision so early sure makes it seem like politics, that’s for sure.

Comment

at Lutz's wedding, Ted karaoked with "What's New Pussycat"

Comment

• This might be a game changer for universities being able to afford more tests for Athletes and even students. They are inexpensive, and the results are found out quickly. Players would still have to be disciplined and probably have most of their first semester classes on line so they can create their own bubble. Right now, the WSU AD said they would test each athlete every three weeks iirc.

https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-08...-Tests-a-Month

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not to be snarky but just legitimately curious about what you think. What would you consider to be “new and bigger time?” Who else in south-central Kansas would be better? Bob Shepherd wasn’t exactly walking through that door.
                            Probably should have kept my mouth ... I'm sure "Ted the sports head" will grow on me. My sights are usually set pretty high. I had a Michael Jordon introduction flash back... can't recall the PA guy for the Bulls, but he could get the arena buzzing. The guy in Allen Fieldhouse (I know, gag) is pretty solid also. Ted will have to step up his game, but I'm confident he's up to the task.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Probably should have kept my mouth ... I'm sure "Ted the sports head" will grow on me. My sights are usually set pretty high. I had a Michael Jordon introduction flash back... can't recall the PA guy for the Bulls, but he could get the arena buzzing. The guy in Allen Fieldhouse (I know, gag) is pretty solid also. Ted will have to step up his game, but I'm confident he's up to the task.
                              yeah, but are they going to let 3-6k people sit in Koch arena to watch a game seated 6 feet apart? I'll sign any waiver, but I just don't see it happening.

Comment

• Scott Stiles formerly of KGSO says on Facebook it's always been his dream to be the PA announcer and was told he was very close 2nd to Ted. Can't imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X