Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I remember being in Atlanta during the 2003 Final Four and shopping for t-shirts. An 'arrogant' Michigan fan was dissing our logo while we were shopping. Pissed me off, but I let it go. Played Flint Hills National several weeks later with some out-of-town bigwigs and they were also dissing on the WuShock logo. It's all about marketing and building the brand with visual impressions. The professional softball tournament is a great example... the WuShock logo was prevalent and shown often. I hope our marketing department continues to seize the opportunity to build the brand. National publicity like this is hard to put a dollar figure on. We need to become the most nationally recognized non P4/P5 brand.

Speaking of marketing and building the brand with visual impressions I was just wondering why the road signs directing traffic to WSU are small and not really visually attractive. The WSU Tech sign on the Turnnpike south of the Andover exit is nice but all others suck. And why not a sign proclaiming Wichita - Home of the WSU Shockers as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Speaking of marketing and building the brand with visual impressions I was just wondering why the road signs directing traffic to WSU are small and not really visually attractive. The WSU Tech sign on the Turnnpike south of the Andover exit is nice but all others suck. And why not a sign proclaiming Wichita - Home of the WSU Shockers as well.
      Good observation… so many local failed marketing opportunities. Hopefully, that’s about to change. Guess we need a Shockernet led WuShock marketing campaign.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Okay. How much would it cost to pay for a year of billboard broadcasting Wichita State as THE school of choice here in the metro?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Because so much of what the city of Wichita does is just completely back asswards? There are dozens of missed opportunities.

Comment

• Any bets on who gets the top billing on the WSU+KU med campus signage? Who's gonna get the top floors?

How long until Lucy (KU) rips the ball out from under Charlie Brown (WSU)?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Any bets on who gets the top billing on the WSU+KU med campus signage? Who's gonna get the top floors?

How long until Lucy (KU) rips the ball out from under Charlie Brown (WSU)?
              KU is getting top 2 floors
              No idea about signage.
              The higher the degree, the higher the sign?
              Perhaps Wichita Biomed sign with a school logo on either side?

I still speculate that in 5-10 years, WSU takes over the Osteopathic Medical School located downtown

Comment

• Comment

• I was hiking on a trail in Zion National Park (Utah) a few years ago and was wearing a WSU hat. I passed someone going the opposite way, he said, "Hey, Ted Lasso!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    I was hiking on a trail in Zion National Park (Utah) a few years ago and was wearing a WSU hat. I passed someone going the opposite way, he said, "Hey, Ted Lasso!"
                    You should’ve replied “Be a goldfish Sam”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

KU is getting top 2 floors
                      No idea about signage.
                      The higher the degree, the higher the sign?
                      Perhaps Wichita Biomed sign with a school logo on either side?

I still speculate that in 5-10 years, WSU takes over the Osteopathic Medical School located downtown
                      Interesting. Are they bleeding money?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Interesting. Are they bleeding money?
                        I don’t know. It has been pretty quiet. Just absolutely remarkable what Sudha Tokala​ was able to put together. As a private school, I’m not sure how deep are their pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You should’ve replied “Be a goldfish Sam”.
                          Be curious, not judgmental.

Comment

• It’s also interesting that they went in on a much smaller partnership with kstate. Maybe a little bad blood there? Lol. If anything it seems like now that if KU were to ever go to the Big 10, all’s it would take to cut all ties with Kstate is getting rid of a small medical program they partnered on

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Be curious, not judgmental.
                              Barbecue sauce.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Kansas Sports HOF Selects Mark Turgeon for Class of 2024
                                7/1/2024 12:15:00 PM​

https://goshockers.com/news/2024/7/1/mens-basketball-kansas-sports-hof-selects-mark-turgeon-for-class-of-2024.aspx

"
                                WICHITA, Kan. - Former Wichita State head men's basketball coach Mark Turgeon is one of 12 members in the 2024 class set to be inducted into the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame.

Turgeon was the head basketball coach of the Shockers from 2000-07, leading Wichita State to one NCAA Tournament and three NIT appearances. Turgeon was the 2006 MVC Coach of the Year after leading the Shockers to a regular season championship and a berth in the NCAA Sweet 16. He compiled a 128-90 record during his tenure in Wichita before taking the head job at Texas A&M and Maryland.​..."

Comment

Working...
                                X