Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Unfortunately, Fred can't do all himself.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Not bad money for someone who plays less than 10 minutes per game over only 30 games and less than 6 PPG. Good for him!!

We should have played him more than we did.

Comment

• Ricky Council is probably one of the few players that most Shocker fans completely understand, if not agree with, their decision to transfer out.

Comment

• Obviously, Ricky ( a HCGM recruit) was easily a starter who was appointed to the 6th man role. He was still 2nd on our team in minutes played. In an interview towards the end of the Season, RC was diplomatic, but it seemed to me obvious that he didn't like the role though. His D. Or lack of, fans pointed out often, but his offense made an winning impact in several games IMO. He sure played great at Arkansas and I'm happy for him now. Actually, I have to wonder if he still would have started and even played 35 mpg here at WSU, that he would have transfered to Arkansas anywho? Dunno?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Ricky Council is probably one of the few players that most Shocker fans completely understand, if not agree with, their decision to transfer out.
                Up there with Greg Dreiling on the pain scale.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• C4 was so horribly misused and underutilized by IB. He should have been a focal point on that team and given more freedom, while TE should have had some freedom taken away.

Just one of the reasons IB is a former coach.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      C4 was so horribly misused and underutilized by IB. He should have been a focal point on that team and given more freedom, while TE should have had some freedom taken away.

I remember when he almost single-handedly defeated OSU at OSU; even the OSU players and coach in the post game presser said he was a big-time player and they couldn't stop him. Of course the famous IB comment, "Ricky thinks he's the best player on the floor."

Even "The Juice" couldn't believe RC's status...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        C4 was so horribly misused and underutilized by IB. He should have been a focal point on that team and given more freedom, while TE should have had some freedom taken away.

But Ricky was playing behind a "pleasant" kind of player.

That team had so much talent, and should have used varying types of defensive pressure 50% of the time (or more). That was when Ricky's athleticism shined the most (just like Oklahoma State when we came from behind), and he wasn't the only athletic player on that team. The defense could have made the offense much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But Ricky was playing behind a "pleasant" kind of player.

That team had so much talent, and should have used varying types of defensive pressure 50% of the time (or more). That was when Ricky's athleticism shined the most (just like Oklahoma State when we came from behind), and he wasn't the only athletic player on that team. The defense could have made the offense much better.
                          But way in front of Pleasant in minutes, and probably more than Reaves did his Sophomore (and last) year here. Can you look that up for us please?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

But way in front of Pleasant in minutes, and probably more than Reaves did his Sophomore (and last) year here. Can you look that up for us please?
                            I never mentioned Joe Pleasant, and I don’t care. He shouldn’t have played more than 12 minutes a game. You Look it up.
                            Last edited by Shockm; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Looks like Jaykwon Walton is entering the transfer portal again. According to the local press, Walton’s lone season with Memphis was a “massive disappointment in almost all facets”.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                                Looks like Jaykwon Walton is entering the transfer portal again. According to the local press, Walton’s lone season with Memphis was a “massive disappointment in almost all facets”.
                                Sounds like him and CR are trying to 1-up TP.

Comment

Working...
                                X