Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

I've known of folks sleeping outside of their driveway in their car get busted for a DUI. If your keys are in the vehicle, they can bust you.
    Sure. So why were the passengers busted for possession and the driver got nothing?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Sure. So why were the passengers busted for possession and the driver got nothing?
      Because when the cops asked them to step out of the vehicle and searched them, two of them had dime bags in their pockets, but the driver didn't?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Because when the cops asked them to step out of the vehicle and searched them, two of them had dime bags in their pockets, but the driver didn't?
        Dime bag.....those were the days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          If I get tipsy at a social event and embarrass my company, I would/could likely get fired.

Doesn’t mean it’s illegal to drink in public, but if I create bad publicity/optics for the company, I become expendable.

(I know not a 1-for-1 comparison, but both situations are ones where the person involved put themselves in the situation their in through their own actions)
          Along these same lines, if you are a valuable part of your company you may be granted some leniency after such an incident. However, if you are a new guy that hasn't even had a chance to unpack and decorate your office, the company will be less tolerant. It was probably easy for them to toss JW aside in this case and avoid any bad publicity.

Comment

• We just keep getting the pub...

Controversy Again Hangs Over This Prominent Men’s College Hoops Program (msn.com)
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Maybe this has been covered and I'm sorry I missed it. Shouldn't JW still be in school? How is he completing his classes at WSU at the same time he is in Bama? How could he possibly be eligible next semester?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                They lost me at "Prominent"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, JW told the officer there was a gun present in the vehicle. Officers asked them to step out, and when they went to check the gun, they found his bag in there with a half rolled blunt. And it wasn’t an eighth, it was what was left of an oz. That gave them probable cause to search the whole vehicle and then they found his buddies gun and 12g in the back seat. Makes me think they weren’t smoking, just had it on them.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    Maybe this has been covered and I'm sorry I missed it. Shouldn't JW still be in school? How is he completing his classes at WSU at the same time he is in Bama? How could he possibly be eligible next semester?
                    I had this exact thought. Unless this was an official visit, I am not sure how he is already in Tuscaloosa.
                    78-65

Comment

• Being it was over the weekend, he may have just been visiting and wouldn't have had to miss any classes to do so.

Though it's my understanding that class isn't at the top of his priority list either.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        No, JW told the officer there was a gun present in the vehicle. Officers asked them to step out, and when they went to check the gun, they found his bag in there with a half rolled blunt. And it wasn’t an eighth, it was what was left of an oz. That gave them probable cause to search the whole vehicle and then they found his buddies gun and 12g in the back seat. Makes me think they weren’t smoking, just had it on them.
                        They found the doob in JW's bag and his buddy's bag?

Comment

Maybe this has been covered and I'm sorry I missed it. Shouldn't JW still be in school? How is he completing his classes at WSU at the same time he is in Bama? How could he possibly be eligible next semester?
                          Maybe that explains the bad grammar.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Maybe that explains the bad grammar.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

They lost me at "Prominent"!
                              I stopped reading when Forde got on his "guns are worse than weed" soapbox.
                              The Assman

Comment

Could be taking all online (or mostly online) classes?

Comment

Working...
                                X