• Show
Clear All

• Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Aaron Hogg (2002-2004)

Insider notebook: Hogg takes over at Washington; ... - Indianapolis Star

by Kyle Neddenriep
    posted: 06/15/20, 3:44pm est

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ad/3193553001/

"Aaron Hogg counts Mark Turgeon and Scott Heady as the two most influential coaches in his life.

Not a bad place to start.

Hogg, 39, was officially named the new boys basketball coach at Washington High School on Monday. Hogg, a 1999 Warren Central graduate and former Wichita State forward, has been a teacher in the Indianapolis Public School system for the past six years.

“The biggest reason I was interested in the job at Washington is the opportunity to help young people be successful,” Hogg said. “I’ve had an opportunity to work in the IPS system and had a chance to see what the high school landscape is like. The first thing I want to do is sit down one-on-one with the kids and talk to them about life, not even basketball. I want them to set goals that we can track and measure throughout the year to help keep them on task.”

The 6-6 Hogg played for Heady at Warren Central, earning all-Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference honors as a senior in 1998-99. After playing\ junior college basketball at Jacksonville (Texas) College, Hogg played two seasons for Turgeon at Wichita State from 2002-04, averaging 10.2 points and 4.8 rebounds and shooting 39 percent from the 3-point line...."

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Aaron Hogg (2002-2004)

Insider notebook: Hogg takes over at Washington; ... - Indianapolis Star

by Kyle Neddenriep
    posted: 06/15/20, 3:44pm est

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ad/3193553001/

"Aaron Hogg counts Mark Turgeon and Scott Heady as the two most influential coaches in his life.

Not a bad place to start.

Hogg, 39, was officially named the new boys basketball coach at Washington High School on Monday. Hogg, a 1999 Warren Central graduate and former Wichita State forward, has been a teacher in the Indianapolis Public School system for the past six years.

“The biggest reason I was interested in the job at Washington is the opportunity to help young people be successful,” Hogg said. “I’ve had an opportunity to work in the IPS system and had a chance to see what the high school landscape is like. The first thing I want to do is sit down one-on-one with the kids and talk to them about life, not even basketball. I want them to set goals that we can track and measure throughout the year to help keep them on task.”

The 6-6 Hogg played for Heady at Warren Central, earning all-Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference honors as a senior in 1998-99. After playing\ junior college basketball at Jacksonville (Texas) College, Hogg played two seasons for Turgeon at Wichita State from 2002-04, averaging 10.2 points and 4.8 rebounds and shooting 39 percent from the 3-point line...."

Go get em Aaron! Great to see former Shockers doing good things and paying it forward.

Comment

CF still fillin' it up!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        CF still fillin' it up!

The game before that, UCAM lost to Andorra and Clevin Hannah. Hannah had 16 pts and 7 assists. Conor had 19 pts and 5 assists.

Gal Mekel plays in that league for UNICAJA Malaga, and Jaime is in there, too.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

The Spanish league is no joke. It is a legit league with loads of talent. Glad to see these guys playing well and making good $$.

Comment

He looked much improved during the TBT last summer and appears to have made even more strides.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              He looked much improved during the TBT last summer and appears to have made even more strides.
              He made a bit of a comment about this video that insinuated he thought he was being held back before ..

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He made a bit of a comment about this video that insinuated he thought he was being held back before ..
                Loved the home town boy but the only thing that held him back was his inability to fill it up in front of the home crowd

Comment

That's a confident basketball player in that video. Something I think he lacked a bit when he was here. Guessing his success overseas and his invite and time in the Lakers Summer League helped him tremendously.

Comment

Frankamp needs to have the ball in his hands and improvise on the fly. Euro basketball is perfect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Loved the home town boy but the only thing that held him back was his inability to fill it up in front of the home crowd
                      And getting punished on the defensive end by whomever he was guarding. :)

Comment

I can't believe that some still get wound up at past players like Conner who they didn't like. Conner's past news, as a Shocker, and I'm glad he can still make some money playing the game he loved. I lift up Fred, Landry, and others but I care more about the players who are here, and will get us back consistently to where we want (in the Top 25) to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          I can't believe that some still get wound up at past players like Conner who they didn't like. Conner's past news, as a Shocker, and I'm glad he can still make some money playing the game he loved. I lift up Fred, Landry, and others but I care more about the players who are here, and will get us back consistently to where we want (in the Top 25) to be.
                          This thread is about former Shockers, not current Shockers, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

This thread is about former Shockers, not current Shockers, you know.
                              Yes I know. I like commenting and hearing about successful former Shockers. I just don’t get running down those who aren’t having success, and comments referring to their former issues that obviously some fans cannot let go of.

Fred and Landry are my favorites to hear about.

Comment

Working...
                              X