X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Jeff *******
    @GoodmanHoops

Still no change for me as far as the Wake Forest situation is concerned. Steve Forbes and Wes Miller remain two leaders in the clubhouse, per source.
    I don't know how Jeff got his information, but it is correct. I hope Steve gets the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
      Sure hope Forbes waits for a better opportunity than WF. Talk about playing 4th or 5th fiddle at best in your own state little lone the conference plus Curry is a known nightmare to work for. I know college Basketball coaches are freakishly competitive and believe they can win anywhere but unless you’re looking for a sure fire payday for 3-5 years with a nice buyout then head back to the SoCon to coach again. Or I guess, he could leverage it for 1-2 years then jump at anything after the slightest signs of success, either way hard pass IMO.
      Wait for what exactly?

Nobody knows if we're even going to play ball in 20-21. It's Wake Forest. Tim Duncan. CP3. He gets paid. Life changing money. It's not Boston College, or Rutgers. Coach Forbes is 55. How many more "better" opportunities do you think he'll have if he passes?

You take the ring. Zero question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Wait for what exactly?

Nobody knows if we're even going to play ball in 20-21. It's Wake Forest. Tim Duncan. CP3. He gets paid. Life changing money. It's not Boston College, or Rutgers. Coach Forbes is 55. How many more "better" opportunities do you think he'll have if he passes?

You take the ring. Zero question about it.
        If there is anything that we’ve learned from the last two months...or hell, even today in Shocker Nation, it’s that tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.
        78-65

Comment

Looks like it's going to be Forbes. Not sure it's the best move for him, but he will have a good opportunity there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Looks like it's going to be Forbes. Not sure it's the best move for him, but he will have a good opportunity there.
            yes, he should have waited on the Kentucky gig

Comment

Wooooo! Excited to have Coach Forbes join me in Winston-Salem ;). Wake has phenomenal facilities, a community that supports the teams (even if they didn't attend the University) and, if he gets things rolling, will have no problem filling the coliseum.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

There is a planet sized gulf between Wake Forest and Kentucky ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There is a planet sized gulf between Wake Forest and Kentucky ...
                  I believe your sarcasm meter is not working...

Comment

Wake is a better job than WSU was when Turgeon came here. Someone’s got to be the guy to turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I believe your sarcasm meter is not working...
                      No it's working fine. I took it as his sarcasm was that he was countering that waiting would have been a bad idea.

Wake has it's challenges as one of the bottom feeders of the P5.

Comment

Wake Forest in talks with ETSU coach Steve Forbes - ESPN

Jeff Borzello, Staff Writer
                        April 30, 7:31 AM CT

Wake Forest has named East Tennessee State's Steve Forbes as its next basketball coach, replacing the fired Danny Manning.

"Wake Forest is in talks with East Tennessee State's Steve Forbes to become the Demon Deacons' next head coach, sources told ESPN...."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Wake Forest in talks with ETSU coach Steve Forbes - ESPN

April 30, 7:31 AM CT

Wake Forest has named East Tennessee State's Steve Forbes as its next basketball coach, replacing the fired Danny Manning.

"Wake Forest is in talks with East Tennessee State's Steve Forbes to become the Demon Deacons' next head coach, sources told ESPN...."
                          Kinda like this quote...

"Forbes also has power-conference experience as an assistant coach at Texas A&M, Tennessee and Wichita State."
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wake Forest, ETSU coach Steve Forbes agree to deal - ESPN

April 30, 2020, 7:31 AM CT

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...h-steve-forbes

"Wake Forest has agreed to a deal with East Tennessee State's Steve Forbes to become the Demon Deacons' next head coach, sources told ESPN...."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X