Steve Forbes to Wake Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Forbes to Wake Forest

I've been in Winston-Salem for the last year and am going to law school at Wake in the fall. Would love to see Steve Forbes or Chris Jans get a look for this job.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Danny can't coach

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Danny can't coach
        Owed 15 Million Dollars, he doesn't need to be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Owed 15 Million Dollars, he doesn't need to be able to.
          Last year, from what I've been told from a high level donor to WFU athletics, is that Currie, in his first year as AD, went to donors and asked if they would be willing to fund the buyout and they told him no. I have to wonder if the ACC Network money they are set to receive this year will allow them to be able to pay the buyout with more revenue as opposed to relying on donors.

Also, another mediocre year might have caused donors to want to pony up to move things along.

Ron Wellman, their former AD of 27 years, was the one who negotiated the insane contract extension for coach manning. Really hamstrung the department.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Steve Forbes should rank high on WF list and would make a great head coach for WFU.

Comment

Jans?

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Ron Wellman, their former AD of 27 years, was the one who negotiated the insane contract extension for coach manning. Really hamstrung the department.
                Wake Forest is one of the worse jobs in a very competitive ACC conference. However, considering Manning's poor coaching record with only two winning seasons, and only one at WF, I don't see why he was given such a great contract. Now to get a decent coach such as Jans, or Forbes, they will have to pay a nice contract. Why would Jans or Forbes leave a school where they are winning, and getting a decent salary for a low major to go to a school where it's difficult to build a program? The pay would have to be pretty good. I would guess a minimum of 1.5-2 Million for 5 years. They are already being paid 400 K and have the program rolling where they are at.

For Manning, the Tulsa job was a stepping stone to where he had to go to feel good about himself. With coaches like Forbes, and Jans, the jobs they have are already fulfilling, and while at some point, they would probably like the challenge of a high major job, and chance to with a National Championship, their ego's don't demand it.

Coaching Record-Danny Manning
                SEASON SCHOOL OVERALL RECORD CONFERENCE/RECORD
                2019-20 Wake Forest 13-18 ACC/6-14
                2018-19 Wake Forest 11-20 ACC/4-14
                2017-18 Wake Forest 11-20 ACC/4-14
                2016-17 Wake Forest 19-14 ACC/9-9
                2015-16 Wake Forest 11-20 ACC/2-16
                2014-15 Wake Forest 13-19 ACC/5-13
                2013-14 Tulsa 21-13 Conference USA/13-3
                2012-13 Tulsa 17-16 Conference USA/8-8
                TOTAL 115-139 (45.3%)

Comment

Eric Bossi

@ebosshoops
                  ·
                  22m
                  Paying 15 million or so for a buyout given all that is going on right now doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If you were going to do it you should have done it six weeks ago. Few players left, can't do visits, transfer rule about to hit. Timing seems awful. #WakeForest

Comment

Comment

Bob Richey has to be the only name on their list just like all the other P5s

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        lol you beat me to it.

Comment

Would sure love to see Coach Grant get that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Oh, great not this again.LOL

GM has gotta be taking a look right?

Comment

Going out on a limb. Like, a really sturdy, trustworthy, this tree aint never gonna fall down limb. The next coach at Wake Forest (following Danny Manning) wil be....(DRUMROLL)

..............doing this in about 5-7 years. (see below)

Comment

Working...
                              X