No announcement yet.

Steve Forbes to Wake Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw that.. his coaching career wasnt quite up to expectations... kinda like his NBA career. Prob a asst in the NBA next.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Another article regarding prospective candidates for the Wake job, this one including the current Winthrop coach.

Comment

Thought it strange the article didn't mention his time with WSU given HCGM gave Forbes life back in D-I and the success that the Shockers had those 2 years (65-6). That got him his current gig and first D-I head coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Saw that.. his coaching career wasnt quite up to expectations... kinda like his NBA career. Prob a asst in the NBA next.
          My guess is he’ll move back to Lowrents and live in his mansion near the Lion King II, aka Doug Compton.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Bob Richey has to be the only name on their list just like all the other P5s
            I think they will speak to Bob Richey but Wake Forest is not where he wants to coach. We all could be surprised though.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My guess is he’ll move back to Lowrents and live in his mansion near the Lion King II, aka Doug Compton.
              If Ed were still alive, he and son Danny could team drive for some long haul company. Hell, still a possibility, anyone have the number for the school? "Truck Masters, I think it is".

Comment

lol Now thats funny!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  lol Now thats funny!
                  Brain fart... SHS, Tiger King II.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I think they will speak to Bob Richey but Wake Forest is not where he wants to coach. We all could be surprised though.
                    Yes, we know Bob will be in the NBA someday.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I spent 45 min. trying to figure out the hidden meaning of the original post!

Comment

If you think Doug's hairdo and get-up is ridiculous just know that his son is an "aspiring" rapper.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

If you think Doug's hairdo and get-up is ridiculous just know that his son is an "aspiring" rapper.
                          Nothing would surprise me with him and he does have some Joe Exotic traits.

Comment

Or run a couples' truck with his dad?

Comment

Jeff *******
                              @GoodmanHoops

Still no change for me as far as the Wake Forest situation is concerned. Steve Forbes and Wes Miller remain two leaders in the clubhouse, per source.

Comment

Sure hope Forbes waits for a better opportunity than WF. Talk about playing 4th or 5th fiddle at best in your own state little lone the conference plus Curry is a known nightmare to work for. I know college Basketball coaches are freakishly competitive and believe they can win anywhere but unless you’re looking for a sure fire payday for 3-5 years with a nice buyout then head back to the SoCon to coach again. Or I guess, he could leverage it for 1-2 years then jump at anything after the slightest signs of success, either way hard pass IMO.
                                Last edited by ShoxFan7; April 29, 2020, 10:00 AM.
                                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Working...
                                X