X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadedCrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Are the AQ's the regular season winners or the league tourney champ if already played?

Why couldn't he put us as a 12 seed as the AQ at this point?

Surely he doesn't think that WSU has to run the table to be an 11 seed? If they do that, I'd think they would be higher than an 11, possibly a 9.

Your comments, please?
    Because on the S-Curve, we fall as an 11 seed. If you remove the AQ, we would still be in the same spot.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Are the AQ's the regular season winners or the league tourney champ if already played?

Why couldn't he put us as a 12 seed as the AQ at this point?

Surely he doesn't think that WSU has to run the table to be an 11 seed? If they do that, I'd think they would be higher than an 11, possibly a 9.

Your comments, please?

Leave a comment:

• shocks02
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Lunardi has WSU as 11 seed and automatic qualifier (that is up from 12th he had WSU earlier this week) but I think shows how the weakness of WSU position. I see 3 scenarios:

1. WSU playing Houston in final of AAC - WSU gets at-large bid to tournament
    2. WSU playing Memphis in final of AAC - Winner goes to tournament, loser stays home
    3. WSU does not get to finals of AAC tournament - WSU stays home.
    WSU is currently the 5th to last team in according to BracketMatrix. That means all four of the teams below them have to have comparably better weeks and they would have to be passed by a team outside the bubble. Have you seen the teams outside the bubble? Syracuse, Ole Miss, St Louis, Utah State. Not good resumes, not even comparable to WSU at this point.

I know I'm in the minority here, but even if WSU loses on Friday I think they still have a fighter's chance to get in. If they make it to Sunday and lose, we have to be feeling REALLY good (no matter who we lose to). Just my 2 cents.

I think Drake is a solid team, but their resume is trash. I wouldn't be surprised if the committee "snubbed" them like they tend to do with mid-majors and gaudy records. Can't forget limited non-conference will likely hurt those teams even more this season.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Lunardi has WSU as 11 seed and automatic qualifier (that is up from 12th he had WSU earlier this week) but I think shows how the weakness of WSU position. I see 3 scenarios:

2. WSU playing Memphis in final of AAC - Winner goes to tournament, loser stays home
    If this is true, we are currently on the wrong side of the bubble. I think we can win one and we’re sweating but in. Two wins we’re in regardless of who makes the championship game. Guess we’ll see

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied

Well, I screwed that up big time! I'll just crawl back in my hole.

61ei1ua34YL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Gonzaga is the only one I'd definitely prefer to avoid. Not that the others would be easy by any means, but the Zags are by far the best team this year. Outside of us making a shocking run, I'd love to see the Zags and Few finally get a title.
    Based on nothing other than group think skepticism I would like to face one of the Big10 teams if we end up in the 8/9.

Maybe the B10 is as good as everyone thinks and those teams deserve their lofty rankings. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Oral Bob moved up to a Q3 win for us. Leaving our only 2 Q4 games as Tulane and USF.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    So that’s our prize if we win the conference tournament, a nine seed? In that case let’s just lose to Houston and get a 10-12 seed. Only kidding obviously.

I think this team can win a couple games in the tourney. Facing a one seed in game two would cut down on the likelihood.
    Gonzaga is the only one I'd definitely prefer to avoid. Not that the others would be easy by any means, but the Zags are by far the best team this year. Outside of us making a shocking run, I'd love to see the Zags and Few finally get a title.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

Perfect season - Wikipedia

The Zags are one of several teams to end the regular season undefeated.

The following teams completed a perfect regular season, but lost in the NCAA Tournament or other postseason action:
    8 teams have completed the tournament undefeated.
    Well, I screwed that up big time! I'll just crawl back in my hole.

61ei1ua34YL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    So that’s our prize if we win the conference tournament, a nine seed? In that case let’s just lose to Houston and get a 10-12 seed. Only kidding obviously.

I think this team can win a couple games in the tourney. Facing a one seed in game two would cut down on the likelihood.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Shocks still holding the 2 spot on the 9th seed line.

Would be interesting to go back in time and see if any teams projected as a 9 seed this late in his bracket ever missed the tourney.

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied
    Nm

Leave a comment:

• Wooglin
    replied
    Gongrats to the Zags on their undefeated season. The list of teams undefeated entering the tournament:

Gonzaga - 2021
    Kentucky - 2015
    Wichita State - 2014

That's the entire list.
    Perfect season - Wikipedia

The Zags are one of several teams to end the regular season undefeated.

The following teams completed a perfect regular season, but lost in the NCAA Tournament or other postseason action:
    8 teams have completed the tournament undefeated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X