• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    D
    Doesn't matter, they are still going to give Duke a bid so Coach K can say he made it.
    Duke AD has said their season is done.

Duke athletic director Kevin White said in a statement that the cancellation "will end our 2020-21 season," snapping the Blue Devils' streak of 24 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.
    The Duke Blue Devils have withdrawn from the ACC basketball tournament after a member of the program tested positive for COVID-19, the conference announced Thursday morning.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    “We’ve got to get as many games in early as we can because you never know when there could be a shut down.” -Coach K 1000 times on Wichita sports radio. Prophetic.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Also of note. Colgate is now the 7th best team in the country according to the magical NET formula. 14 games against a grand total of 4 unique opponents so far. The best one being 11-9 (NET 115) Army
    That alone should discredit NET this season.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Also of note. Colgate is now the 7th best team in the country according to the magical NET formula. 14 games against a grand total of 4 unique opponents so far. The best one being 11-9 (NET 115) Army

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

My prediction is that Drake won't make the tournament. They have been listed as one of the last 4 Into the Tourney for the past 2 weeks or so (in exactly the same slot the entire time) They have no way to improve and will be moved out this weekend as Conference Tournaments end.
    Yes .. but if they didn't have COVID they would have beat Florida State, so the committee should obviously seed them as if they did.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    D
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Would 10 days in quarantine have them back in time for the dance?
    Doesn't matter, they are still going to give Duke a bid so Coach K can say he made it.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

My prediction is that Drake won't make the tournament. They have been listed as one of the last 4 Into the Tourney for the past 2 weeks or so (in exactly the same slot the entire time) They have no way to improve and will be moved out this weekend as Conference Tournaments end.
    Im with most folks here that we win Friday, we are good. But also, don't really think anyone but Memphis or Houston should beat us. So that gives us 2 more, much helpful wins.

17-5 record puts us in the tournament.

If it doesn't then we got screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I get nervous, but then guys like Katz think we are top 20, so I don't know what to think.

But I then find peace when I know we have Tyson Etienne and other dudes on our team that want to keep playing 100 times more than I want to keep watching so.....

Keep the faith guys and gals!!!

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Count me in for a matchup against Oklahoma and Lon “7th place” Kruger.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Go ahead and mark Duke down as a bid stealer ... pity bid incoming.
    Would 10 days in quarantine have them back in time for the dance?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Go ahead and mark Duke down as a bid stealer ... pity bid incoming.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    I get nervous, but then guys like Katz think we are top 20, so I don't know what to think.

But I then find peace when I know we have Tyson Etienne and other dudes on our team that want to keep playing 100 times more than I want to keep watching so.....

Keep the faith guys and gals!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied

I would think we would be NIT at least no matter what this year ...
    That would be a big letdown and take away from the Regular Season Championship.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Are we really potentially only one game away from the season being done?
    I would think we would be NIT at least no matter what this year ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X