Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkoShox
    replied

I believe this would also mean that all of Syracuse's players who were on the floor at the same time as this player would be at least subject to contact tracing. 'Cuse could be done as well.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Unless they started testing negative today, I don't see how Virginia could possibly clear protocol and arrive in Indy prepared to play by next Saturday (the 2nd day of 1st round games).
    Is that when they start the tourney? I thought maybe it didn't start until next Monday. Is the schedule on Thursday through Sunday and then the next Thursday the same as in past years? They are staying in Indy, aren't they? Are they going to play games in quicker succession than the past?

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied

Unless they started testing negative today, I don't see how Virginia could possibly clear protocol and arrive in Indy prepared to play by next Saturday (the 2nd day of 1st round games).

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    my SWAG is that we either win today, or NIT

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    Unfortunately, that might open up another At Large spot. (Fortunately for us, I guess).

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Looks like virginia is out.

Leave a comment:

• HenryMuto
    replied
    This makes another one

Top-seeded North Carolina A&T withdrew from the MEAC men's basketball tournament on Thursday following a positive COVID-19 test within the program.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    After further review, I think there are currently 5 spots left open in the field of 68 (This of course depends on what you think of teams like UCLA and Louisville). Realistically I think at the beginning of today's games there were 14 Teams with a chance for one of the 5 Spots:

Wichita State: Plays tomorrow vs USF
    Drake: Idle
    Colorado State: Playing currently.
    Boise State: Lost to Nevada.
    Syracuse: Lost to UVA
    Utah State: Beat UNLV
    Xavier: Lost to Butler yesterday
    Ole Miss: Beat SC
    Saint Louis: Idle
    Seton Hall: Beat St. Johns
    SMU: Plays tomorrow
    Memphis: Plays tomorrow.
    Duke: Lost to c19
    St. Johns: Lost to Seton Hall.

4 teams have essentially been eliminated. 10 teams left for 5 spots IMO. Also, with that being said there are 5 conferences with potential bid stealers alive:

1. AAC: Memphis and SMU
    2. Big East: Georgetown is in the Semis after upsetting Nova. Plus Seton Hall
    3. MWC: Nevada and (technically) Utah State
    4. Pac 12: Oregon State
    5. SEC: Ole Miss and Miss St.
    Last edited by SkoShox; March 12, 2021, 08:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Drake played Florida State?
    Ha! .. Drake mixed in with the Duke talk got me ...

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes .. but if they didn't have COVID they would have beat Florida State, so the committee should obviously seed them as if they did.
    Drake played Florida State?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think they will be the first team to. stop their season.
    Yup. There is a very good chance that being the first four out is a better thing than being the last four in this year.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    D
    Doesn't matter, they are still going to give Duke a bid so Coach K can say he made it.
    Bid stealers that Duke program. Ironic how we had an opportunity to play them back in Nov. in South Dakota but covid took that away. And now how ironic that at the end of the season covid might rear its ugly head again to cause us to lose tomorrow so Duke takes our bid. Oeoww how I mad I would be.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think they will be the first team to. stop their season.
    Zero doubt.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Methinks that Duke knew they weren’t going to get in the NCAA Tournament and are simply sparing themselves the indignity of playing in the NIT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X