Dexter Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Dexter has been frustrating. He's lacked aggression on offense and that has to change. We need Dex to be a threat and that will only make Tyson and others better.

And I don't understand his need to roll up his shorts so much, but that's whatever.
    His problem is his undeveloped dribbling/ball-handprint skills.

Until he gets better at dribbling, he won’t truly be able to drive and penetrate with aggression.

That doesn’t mean he can’t be a good player for WSU: Lockdown D, Catch-and-Shoot 3s, Breakaway Dunks.

Do those things and he can help this team win. In order for him to be a GREAT player though, develop his ball-handling skills is a MUST!
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

His problem is his undeveloped dribbling/ball-handprint skills.

Until he gets better at dribbling, he won’t truly be able to drive and penetrate with aggression.

That doesn’t mean he can’t be a good player for WSU: Lockdown D, Catch-and-Shoot 3s, Breakaway Dunks.

Do those things and he can help this team win. In order for him to be a GREAT player though, develop his ball-handling skills is a MUST!
      You hit it on the head. Dex had 4 TO's last night. 3 of them had to do with his poor ball handling skills driving to the basket. That is not his jam. Play good defense, catch and shoot in rhythm, rebound (which has been very inconsistent this year) and be a leader.

Comment

• I think he has improved. He sometimes does ok with his drives to the right with his right hand. But he clearly needs more time in the gym with his left hand. And like a lot of players he over penitrates into traffic instead of just taking the open midrange shot. I hope he keeps grinding. We need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
          I think he has improved. He sometimes does ok with his drives to the right with his right hand. But he clearly needs more time in the gym with his left hand. And like a lot of players he over penitrates into traffic instead of just taking the open midrange shot. I hope he keeps grinding. We need him.
          Interestingly, isn't DD left handed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Interestingly, isn't DD left handed?
            Yep

Comment

• I could be wrong , but I seem to recall some story that DD broke his left arm in high-school and had to learn to play with his right. Yikes, too many years and to many players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I agree. I was actually defending DD against someone who took a cheap shot on him on Twitter.
                So why would you come on Shockernet to defend DD against somebody who took a cheapshot on twitter? Shouldn't you go on twitter and do that if you were wanting it to make statement?

Comment

• SB would you like for Shockm to commit suicide, or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So why would you come on Shockernet to defend DD against somebody who took a cheapshot on twitter? Shouldn't you go on twitter and do that if you were wanting it to make statement?
                    So why was a story that was based on a tweet brought to Shockernet? Especially without the Tweet that sparked the story.

Comment

• Comment

• These guys are coming together to make a memorable run. When we started the season, it was Tyson carrying the team. Then we started getting Udeze going. Then AG and Dexter started elevating their games. Finally, we had Trey Wade step his game up to another level. As we start the final stretch, we have a full compliment of starters that can do damage. Excited to see how this plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          These guys are coming together to make a memorable run. When we started the season, it was Tyson carrying the team. Then we started getting Udeze going. Then AG and Dexter started elevating their games. Finally, we had Trey Wade step his game up to another level. As we start the final stretch, we have a full compliment of starters that can do damage. Excited to see how this plays out.
                          I agree.

That observation bodes well for the Shocks, because they were still a decent team in December: O-State, Tulsa at Tulsa and S. Florida at S. Florida (with a full line-up).

Comment

• Congrats to Dex. Well deserved. Peaking at the right time!

Comment

• Good stuff!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Very, very, very good. Well done, Dex!

Comment

Working...
                                X