No announcement yet.

Dexter Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His fans aren’t critical. Dex will warm up and carry us at critical times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      His fans aren’t critical. Dex will warm up and carry us at critical times.
      I am big fan of Dexter Dennis. But I believe you can criticize his basketball play and still be a fan. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. No doubt about it DD has great character and everything I hear is that he is a good student. Go DD and go Shocks.

Comment

• Dex and Mo could’ve bailed like some of their teammates did but hung around. So foremost, I thank them for hanging in there with Shocker Nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am big fan of Dexter Dennis. But I believe you can criticize his basketball play and still be a fan. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. No doubt about it DD has great character and everything I hear is that he is a good student. Go DD and go Shocks.
          The guy who went to Dexter’s personal Twitter account to make the comment about his shorts and his basketball play is a clueless, classless, ultra-critical idiot. That is way too personal. I doubt that you are, but If you are defending what he did, I’m calling you out, only not on your Twitter. Dexter is a great guy, and no player should be treated that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The guy who went to Dexter’s personal Twitter account to make the comment about his shorts and his basketball play is a clueless, classless, ultra-critical idiot. That is way too personal. I doubt that you are, but If you are defending what he did, I’m calling you out, only not on your Twitter. Dexter is a great guy, and no player should be treated that way.
            I'm a little confused (easy to do these days). Just what did TheShocktocles say that was in any way personal and/or supportive of someone being too personal about DD that you felt it necessary to (maybe) call him out. By the way, if a player does something on the basketball court in public, repeatedly, how can talking about that be "too personal"? Really? Thanks in advance for helping me understand.

Comment

• Dex just needs to shoot anytime the ball hits him on-time and on-target. Defenders are clueless and will start closing hard which will allow him to take one dribble towards the basket and make plays similar to the last game. His triple threat needs to be shoot, shoot and shoot.

He just has to be aggressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I agree with you. I just tend to hold off during times when one of our very best players who is important for us to be successful is in a slump that he is struggling to get out of. I don’t like kicking our critical players when they are down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm a little confused (easy to do these days). Just what did TheShocktocles say that was in any way personal and/or supportive of someone being too personal about DD that you felt it necessary to (maybe) call him out. By the way, if a player does something on the basketball court in public, repeatedly, how can talking about that be "too personal"? Really? Thanks in advance for helping me understand.
                  Read carefully what Shockm said. It was conditional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Read carefully what Shockm said. It was conditional.
                    Oh, I know it was conditional. I'm just wonder what was in TheShocktocles post that would set Shockm off to even bring it up, then conditionally call out TheShocktocles on top of it. As long as one is not be crude/nasty about it, what is too personal to comment about DD hiking his shorts up on the court (which he had done a lot)?

Comment

Honestly I don't understand your post or what your trying to say. Who are you talking about that went to DD personal twitter account and called him out for his play and pulling up his shorts?

Comment

• Man you guys are way behind. #375 began with Taylor Eldridge’s sports story on DD. The whole story was about a guy who went onto DD’s Twitter and criticized him. The critical guy asked Dex about whether he thought more about the length of his shorts than he did about his bb play. (IMO, a low blow that didn’t need to be said on Dex’s own twitter account). So that’s what Taylor’s story in the Eagle and his corresponding tweet was referring to when he asked DD about how he takes criticism. DD took the high road bit I don’t think that criticism on SNet, and on Mike Kennedys Sports Talk show before games equates to someone searching out Dexter’s Twitter and jumping on him. Without that information, it’s easy to see why there is confusion. So now that you have that information, now read this thread again beginning with #375.

Comment

Man you guys are way behind. #375 began with Taylor Eldridge’s sports story on DD. The whole story was about a guy who went onto DD’s Twitter and criticized him. The critical guy asked Dex about whether he thought more about the length of his shorts than he did about his bb play. (IMO, a low blow that didn’t need to be said on Dex’s own twitter account). So that’s what Taylor’s story in the Eagle and his corresponding tweet was referring to when he asked DD about how he takes criticism. DD took the high road bit I don’t think that criticism on SNet, and on Mike Kennedys Sports Talk show before games equates to someone searching out Dexter’s Twitter and jumping on him. Without that information, it’s easy to see why there is confusion. So now that you have that information, now read this thread again beginning with #375.
                          Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Man you guys are way behind. #375 began with Taylor Eldridge’s sports story on DD. The whole story was about a guy who went onto DD’s Twitter and criticized him. The critical guy asked Dex about whether he thought more about the length of his shorts than he did about his bb play. (IMO, a low blow that didn’t need to be said on Dex’s own twitter account). So that’s what Taylor’s story in the Eagle and his corresponding tweet was referring to when he asked DD about how he takes criticism. DD took the high road bit I don’t think that criticism on SNet, and on Mike Kennedys Sports Talk show before games equates to someone searching out Dexter’s Twitter and jumping on him. Without that information, it’s easy to see why there is confusion. So now that you have that information, now read this thread again beginning with #375.
                            Yeah, I read the article before. I just didn't see any connection to TheShocktocles and his comments to what a Twitter poster did. Thus no reason for a "conditional" call out. I thought that was "jumping on him" without cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yeah, I read the article before. I just didn't see any connection to TheShocktocles and his comments to what a Twitter poster did. Thus no reason for a "conditional" call out. I thought that was "jumping on him" without cause.
                              I thought that the Twitter guy was a jerk and I did not know Shocktocles was unaware of that stupid tweet that spurred the Shockernet tweet. You obviously thought getting a players (Dexter’s) Twitter and getting personal about his play is ok. I don’t so I guess we disagree.

Comment

• Dex could really help himself, and thus the team, if spent his off time doing nothing but dribbling drills, preferably with his left hand only.

His rebounding has been down a little this year too, but so has everyone's probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X