No announcement yet.

State of the Basketball Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't know where to put this but figured here is as good as any. Taylor give his take on what's happening in Wichita.

Comment

• Hmmm. Taylor said he expects a signing tomorrow on the podcast. Wonder if he's talking about AG or someone else?

Comment

• When was this recorded?

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Hopefully, they will actually sign and not just make a verbal commitment. The Spring signing period runs from April 15th through May 20th. I have not heard whether or not the NCAA has extended that due to Covid-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Hopefully, they will actually sign and not just make a verbal commitment. The Spring signing period runs from April 15th through May 20th. I have not heard whether or not the NCAA has extended that due to Covid-19.
              That's only for Seniors right? Transfers can sign anytime i think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's only for Seniors right? Transfers can sign anytime i think?
                Actually, I don't think transfers can even sign a letter of intent.

http://www.nationalletter.org/freque...ecruiting.html (Click on the last FAQ on this list)

NLI policy prohibits student-athletes transferring from one four-year institution to another four-year institution (4-4 transfer) from signing an NLI inasmuch as they are no longer prospective student-athletes.
                So as far as transfers are concerned you can only get a verbal commitment. Which, of course, is not binding until they enroll in school assuming what this site states is accurate.

Comment

• I'm thinking the transfers sign scholarship/financial agreements. They would have to do more than just verbally agree or the school couldn't even mention their name as coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                    I'm thinking the transfers sign scholarship/financial agreements. They would have to do more than just verbally agree or the school couldn't even mention their name as coming.
                    A player can report that he has committed. If the program doesn't follow up with an announcement then the player probably is not locked in yet and what you say makes sense. Perhaps explains why we have not heard anything yet.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 26, 2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

A player can report that he has committed. If the program doesn't follow up with an announcement then the player probably is not locked in yet and what you say makes sense. Perhaps explains why we have not heard anything yet.
                      Thanks. This information helps.

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• He feels like he has a "pretty good grasp" on why each left and can understand why individually, but admitted "collectively, 7 is too many."
                          Not sure what to read into that, if anything.

Comment

• I may have to duck for cover for even suggesting this, but Marshall might benefit from some anger management counseling.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I may have to duck for cover for even suggesting this, but Marshall might benefit from some anger management counseling.
                              YA THINK ?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I may have to duck for cover for even suggesting this, but Marshall might benefit from some anger management counseling.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X