Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

So are you already counting the player who Taylor Eldridge claims will be committing on April 4th or are you assuming 3G will only use 12 of his 13 scholarships? If the former is true what position will that player fill?

If it is neither of the two above options don't we have 3 open scholarships remaining?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wsF-O/pubhtml#
    The player from the 4th just committed

So from what i can tell we have lots of wings, 2 PGs and really 1 true big. Unless Marshall is 100% on playing JB at the 5. I would think he would want at least 3 options at the 5. Bigs tire out more than guards/wings

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nothing is firm until they are committed. The fact that Taylor was expecting it last night seems to say it's firmer than most .. but things change.
      Actually nothing is firm until they have signed either a NLOI or have signed financial aid agreements and even then we have seen how players are sometimes released from those commitments. I think nothing is firm until they are enrolled in school.

Comment

Actually nothing is firm until they have signed either a NLOI or have signed financial aid agreements and even then we have seen how players are sometimes released from those commitments. I think nothing is firm until they are enrolled in school.
        Nothing is firm ever anymore lol.

Comment

Nothing is firm ever anymore lol.
          That is true. Nothing is ever firm and nothing seemingly firm is guaranteed to last. And the latter will become even more prevalent with the new transfer rules I would think.

Comment

• Next year's roster:

6'0 AG
            6'1 TE
            6'2 CP
            6'4 CJ
            6'5 DD
            6'5 RC IV
            6'6 TW
            6'6 CJ
            6'6 JM
            6'9 IPBC
            6'10 JB

Seems a little more in line to compete with the Houstons of the world, who only had 1 player shorter than 6'3 in their rotation. Even AG and TE at that 6 ft range are pretty special athletes at their size. Pretty clear that GM wanted some really versatile premier athletes on the perimeter.

Comment

• Not sure about Jackson's trajectory here. Probably gets spot minutes next year at the 3 and 4, a role player as a junior then maybe a solid contributor as a senior?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Not sure about Jackson's trajectory here. Probably gets spot minutes next year at the 3 and 4, a role player as a junior then maybe a solid contributor as a senior?
                Yeah it'll be interesting to see how this dude fits in. Glad he's on board and everything cause he does seem really versatile, but looks like a clone of Trey Wade almost tho.

Comment

• It's almost 4, so the Drive is about to air. I don't normally listen to those bores, but Today they'll be giving hungry Shocker fans an update on the new recruits' pedigree's. There's a lot of local interest in how the Shocks are doing as of late. Spirits are high right now...

Oh, wait...

Comment

• Still no tweets from Jeff ******* updating on everyone singing for WSU.

Guarantee if someone still leaves, he'll be ALL over it.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Not sure about Jackson's trajectory here. Probably gets spot minutes next year at the 3 and 4, a role player as a junior then maybe a solid contributor as a senior?
                      I could see him being a likely fit to step into Wades minutes next year as a junior. Put up pretty good rebounding numbers in JUCO

Comment

So from what i can tell we have lots of wings, 2 PGs and really 1 true big. Unless Marshall is 100% on playing JB at the 5. I would think he would want at least 3 options at the 5. Bigs tire out more than guards/wings
                        So where to you see Clarence Jackson getting most of his minutes? At the 4 ala Trey Wade?

Comment

So where to you see Clarence Jackson getting most of his minutes? At the 4 ala Trey Wade?
                          Seems to fit that role to me. Backup Wade this year as a sophomore, then step into that role as a junior FT. Seems to me more and more that Marshall will be playing JB as a 5, which might be a really good change of pace for us. The last two scholarships will tell us a lot there.

Comment

• interesting recruiting.

Maybe we are replacing guys who chucked 3s late in the shot clock with a PG who can distribute to a lot of guys that look to be able to drive to the basket, make a layup, or free throws and probably can shoot at least 30% from 3.

And PB can be the rim protector on defense, and or JB.

I just keep thinking about all the failures on offense last year and if we can just break even on defense, I don't know how we can't be a better team with just more drives instead of 3s and, gasp converting at the line when given the chance.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              interesting recruiting.

Maybe we are replacing guys who chucked 3s late in the shot clock with a PG who can distribute to a lot of guys that look to be able to drive to the basket, make a layup, or free throws and probably can shoot at least 30% from 3.

And PB can be the rim protector on defense, and or JB.

I just keep thinking about all the failures on offense last year and if we can just break even on defense, I don't know how we can't be a better team with just more drives instead of 3s and, gasp converting at the line when given the chance.
                              I'm a little intrigued by all of this too. That said .. these players are signing fast. To me that means one thing .. these are the guys that Marshall wants. If they weren't the primary options, he would have them hold out a bit longer. So I'm going with In Marshall we trust right now.

Comment

• I like Trey Wade a lot. This guy seems to have a little more guard based skills. I see Wade as the Rashard Kelly/Wessel role and this kid more in the McDuffie/Cle mold but maybe not. I can’t remember what Wades highlight tape looked like.

Comment

Working...
                                X