Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    A few of you are some dour sonsabeaches. A relatively bright spot in a pretty crappy time around the world in a macro sense, and in the WSU MBB in a micro/minor context, and you're looking for the downside in this newsbit.

And I thought I was a negative person. Dang... got me beat.
    I would highly recommend you avoid the Politics, Guns and Beer portal. It's gloom and doom over there. One has to disinfect...

Cona II.png
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 28, 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• kinda laughing that there was a post recently about people sharing their worst takes they've ever had on here and now people are already giving bad takes about gilbert lol. here's hoping these takes get added to those posts a year from now (hoping basketball still starts on time in the winter, that is)

Comment

• A good start - at least we have a PG now. Still need another one. CG please.
        We have four solid players for a year plus two solid freshmen coming in.

Comment

• Stats aside, he brings something we could have used more of last season...veteran leadership. Experience. Dude has been around and knows this league.

Comment

• It's not apples to apples. But since some of us are hoping for a Malcom Armstead type influence. Bringing in experience for 1 year. Some of the stats are somewhat similar. (Of course Armstead also had the benefit of sitting a year and learning the system)

Malcom Armstead (last year at Oregon):

8.6 pts, 43% FG, 32.3% 3pt, 69.5% FT, 2.9 rebs, 4.4 assist, 2.7 TO's, 2.3 steals

Malcom Armstead (year at WSU):

10.7 pts, 39.4% FG, 34.5% 3pt, 80.3% FT, 3.8 rebs, 4 assists, 2.3 TO's, 1.9 steals

Alterique Gilbert (last year at UConn):

8.5 pts, 34.6% FG, 31.8% 3pt, 67.1% FT, 2.6 rebs, 3.8 assists, 2.3 TO's, 1.1 steals

Also, the year before AG had a 77.5% FT. The 2 years before that are too small of sample size to compare due to injuries.

And you cant teach the experience he brings. I feel he is a Marshall type player but we will see.

Given the circumstances I am very pleased with this. Not to mention it will likely help stabilize recruiting a little. I mean if he chose us over all the teams he could have picked. It takes some of the taint off that the departing players have left. Looks pretty good to pull in a former burger boy with the way things have been going.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Landing Gilbert is huge...it tells other recruits, whether freshmen, JUCO transfers, or Graduate transfers that we are not the pariah of college basketball. We are a proud program with the greatest fans. We are not a blue blood, but we are blue collar. Roll up your sleeves and get to work as a team.

To the transfers, we wish you the best...but tell your parents to move on with life. It’s too short anyway...

Comment

• I read Dan Hurley was helping Gilbert find a good fit so I don't think AG will be caught by surprise with the Shocker staff. I have a feeling Hurley coaches near as hard as GGG,. There is also some familiarlity(spelled all wrong :) I'm sure Markis can fill them in between the lines.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge
                  @tayloreldridge
                  ·
                  Landing Gilbert can also be a game-changer for WSU on recruiting trail with other top grad transfers/JUCOs. With AG on board, WSU can pitch it can still be an NCAA team now.

perhaps the most significant part

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Taylor Eldridge
                    @tayloreldridge
                    ·
                    Landing Gilbert can also be a game-changer for WSU on recruiting trail with other top grad transfers/JUCOs. With AG on board, WSU can pitch it can still be an NCAA team now.

perhaps the most significant part
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You guys are right. I am considerably too negative sometimes.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        You guys are right. I am considerably too negative sometimes.
                        Honestly, it's ok man; we can't all be sunshine pumpers...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Perfect get for where we were on Friday. He gives HCGM a chance to build around a small group.

Comment

• 1976 never comes around when we get good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                              1976 never comes around when we get good news.
                              Hahaha, I was literally just gonna post to expect a lot of crickets from 1976 the next few days.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here's what we have returning
                                Totals Totals Per 40 Min Per 40 Min
                                Gone Back Gone Back
                                G 198 146 198 146
                                GS 90 65 90 65
                                MP 3668 2582 3668 2582
                                FG 486 283 5.3 4.4
                                FGA 1154 737 12.6 11.4
                                FG% 0.421 0.384 0.421 0.384
                                2P 377 148 4.1 2.3
                                2PA 800 347 8.7 5.4
                                2P% 0.471 0.427 0.471 0.427
                                3P 109 135 1.2 2.1
                                3PA 354 390 3.9 6.0
                                3P% 0.308 0.346 0.308 0.346
                                FT 308 137 3.4 2.1
                                FTA 445 193 4.9 3.0
                                FT% 0.692 0.71 0.692 0.71
                                ORB 175 145 1.9 2.2
                                DRB 503 301 5.5 4.7
                                TRB 678 446 7.4 6.9
                                AST 314 123 3.4 1.9
                                STL 136 83 1.5 1.3
                                BLK 80 35 0.9 0.5
                                TOV 269 103 2.9 1.6
                                PF 360 217 3.9 3.4
                                PTS 1389 838 15.1 13.0
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X