Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    Given that he is a senior PG who played in our conference I’m willing to take a flyer that he’ll be an upgrade. Having someone like him to teach his understudy (this gives 3G great flexibility is going after a promising prospect) ala Malcolm/Fred will be huge.
    This really is the best possible pickup... A 1 year pickup of not only an experienced point guard... Not only an experienced former McDonald's all American point guard... But a experienced former McDonald's all American point guard who has multiple years scouting and playing against the entire conference. Now get a really good younger point guard in that's willing to learn from him for a year and we good to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's an upgrade offensively. He's also considered elite defensively. Gilbert, Etienne and Dexter is a pretty damn good backcourt especially on the defensive end
      Hey Stick, you think we'll go hard after Johnny Juzang?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        If you guys seriously think Al will be no improvement or even a down grade, I am happy you will be sorely mistaken.

Gregg is the Guard Whisperer. Al has more untapped potential than any guard to play here for him.

Gregg is drooling.
        I truly hope you are right, but all I am saying is that are some things on his stat sheet that raise questions (such as a 1.65 ATO).
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• The key to whether any of the players we bring in next year, perhaps more than their individual stats, will be can they mesh together as a team be willing to focus on winning games not on their personal stats. That is what made Fred, Ron, Tekele and Evan so good. Not sure we will ever see that again but would be nice to strive for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The key to whether any of the players we bring in next year, perhaps more than their individual stats, will be can they mesh together as a team be willing to focus on winning games not on their personal stats. That is what made Fred, Ron, Tekele and Evan so good. Not sure we will ever see that again but would be nice to strive for it.
            Well, we just lost several that didn't appear to be in that class. Maybe this kid fits that template.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I just do not think he will be an upgrade offensively over Burton - which is fine - as long he accepts his role and plays great defense.
              I share your opinion on his shooting. However, if he can facilitate the offense, which was not happening most of the time under GS and JB, everyone else gets better.

Etienne gets better shots, Dennis gets better shots, whoever is playing in the post gets better shots.......

And if he can knock down a shot or 2 a game when the defense sags to keep them honest, maybe we dont struggle to get to 30% shooting as a team.

And hes familiar with conference foes.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• GAME CHANGER

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Hey Stick, you think we'll go hard after Johnny Juzang?
                  No idea. I'm no where close to an insider or recruiting expert.

Comment

• If he manages to get a second year too?? Could go from a home run pickup to a grand slam pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      If he manages to get a second year too?? Could go from a home run pickup to a grand slam pickup
                      Would be major, and I don't mean mid-major!!

Comment

• Good get. He's a legit PG. No, he can't shoot much, so they'll play off him, but they'll need to, cause he's a driver.

Comment

• A few of you are some dour sonsabeaches. A relatively bright spot in a pretty crappy time around the world in a macro sense, and in the WSU MBB in a micro/minor context, and you're looking for the downside in this newsbit.

And I thought I was a negative person. Dang... got me beat.

Comment

• Comment

• I’m always trying to see the humorous side of everything (helps keep me sane). I’m convinced we could sign the ‘second coming’ of Lebron, Bird, Jordan, Doctor J and Fred (yep, puttin’ Fred in this group) and some people would still find a way to see the glass half empty. “We don’t have a true 5 man in this group’”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X