2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Perception matters to the KU fans who want to take the opportunity to hit back at the WSU fans who have been talking **** about the ongoing situation at KU. I fall in none of those camps.

Perception matters to the recruits, sure. Their decisions aren't based entirely on perception because they have the opportunity to talk to the coaching staff and players.

Will the sheer number of transfers cost us a recruit? I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the deciding factor for at least one. However, there are plenty of players out there.

And so far to my knowledge only one of the players we’ve been listed as offering has committed so far. Doesn’t seem like the guys we’ve offered are committing to other schools left and right like you make it seem.
    If we were paying for our players, our retention rate would be lot higher I would guess

Comment

• Jamarius clearly didn't like Marshall
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Are we in Jody Adams territory yet?
        We're way beyond that. I don't think Jody had that many players transfer. However, one reason for that is that they didn't have to put up with her. They could buy her out and they did during the middle of the season. I think Jody did herself in when she hired Dana Eikenberg and pushed Kristy Guffey out the door. Jody was an assistant to Eikenberg at SIU and they had perhaps bigger problems there than at Wichita State. The thing is I think Jody was basically a decent coach but was trying to be a little Pat Summitt.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
          Now that Midtgaard is leaving, I guess that blows a huge, gaping hole in the "they didn't want to play team ball/bad attitudes/it's not the coaches" theory some of you guys (and Mike Kennedy of all people) have been trying to sugar coat the transfer exodus with.

This is a coaching staff issue. If they can't handle players attitudes when there is an absence of "leaders" (which is apparently the random take Mike Kennedy is taking now), then they need to reevaluate their styles and recruit players who don't need babysat by teammates.
          Time to open up practices?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Jamarius clearly didn't like Marshall
            Yikes. That aint good.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

For 95% of D1 Schools ... yes it is. Very few schools never miss the tourney. Those are generally the ones that are paying their players
              Then WSU is overpaying its basketball coach if the NIT is threshold for a good year.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Yikes. That aint good.
                If you were on Twitter for longer than five minutes you would know that Paddle Nelson is likely (certainly?) a fake account trying to stir ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Then WSU is overpaying its basketball coach if the NIT is threshold for a good year.
                  How about Roy this year. You suppose he’s overpaid too? They weren’t even going to make CBI before it got cancelled.

Comment

If you were on Twitter for longer than five minutes you would know that Paddle Nelson is likely (certainly?) a fake account trying to stir ****.
                    "GM is an a$$hole that can't coach. It's that simple."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That may be, but it doesn't change the fact that Burton "liked" that tweet, along with all the other ones in that screencap.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

"GM is an a$$hole that can't coach. It's that simple."

That's why I don't understand why JB would like that tweet.

Whether JB likes him or not, Gregg has proven he can coach.

Going 23-8 with a team of Freshmen and Sophomores that all hate you, should qualify you for the Hall of Fame.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

That may be, but it doesn't change the fact that Burton "liked" that tweet, along with all the other ones in that screencap.
                          Sure, changes my opinion of Burton unfortunately. I mean, hell, at least Stevenson had the guts to just come out and give his opinion. I respect that more than this passive aggressive liking of Twitter trolls posts that JB is doing. Which, for the record, I don’t search this crap out. IMO it’s petty, pointless, and a waste of time.

Comment

• That's the thing. we are recruiting a bunch of guys from Carolina and every damn one of them is going to talk to JB. They'd be stupid not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That's why I don't understand why JB would like that tweet.

Whether JB likes him or not, Gregg has proven he can coach.

Going 23-8 with a team of Freshmen and Sophomores that all hate you, should qualify you for the Hall of Fame.
                              I think it’s easy to forget how much we all thought we knew at that age. Also, it’s no fault of a 20 year old kid yet they lack perspective only age can provide.

Of course, if the coaching staff is doing something illegal or against the rules then these players should speak up. So far the worst thing I’ve heard is that coach implemented the “1 mistake and you get pulled rule.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                That's the thing. we are recruiting a bunch of guys from Carolina and every damn one of them is going to talk to JB. They'd be stupid not to.
                                Lol classic. When you meet someone from New York are you like, “hey do you know my friend Jim Smith, he’s from New York.”

Comment

Working...
                                X