2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by double dribble View Post
    I don't mean to hurt feelings but Fernandez couldn't guard me even with my hemiroids and a sprained ankle.
    hemiroids and a severely sprained ankle, both injuries you sustained trying to defend my cross-over dribble (which I invented back n the early 70's)
    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

I don't mean to hurt feelings but Fernandez couldn't guard me even with my hemiroids and a sprained ankle.
      far better defender than Grant or Erik

Comment

• I liked NF intensity and fire on defense, always greatly appreciated by Shocker fans. However, he got tossed around like a ragdoll at times.

Maybe a few more years in the weight room and he could have been a real pest for AAC guards. I wish him luck.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post

hemiroids and a severely sprained ankle, both injuries you sustained trying to defend my cross-over dribble (which I invented back n the early 70's)
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• At this point, based on vibes I am getting, I wouldn't be surprised if both IPBC and MU leave as well.

If it were down to keeping one of them, I think MU fits the mold of a Shocker and HCGM player better, but we'll just have to see.

That would leave a roster of:
              AM, TW, DD, TE, JoB, JM
              2 - SR | 1 - JR | 1 - SO | 2 - FR
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                At this point, based on vibes I am getting, I wouldn't be surprised if both IPBC and MU leave as well.

If it were down to keeping one of them, I think MU fits the mold of a Shocker and HCGM player better, but we'll just have to see.

That would leave a roster of:
                AM, TW, DD, TE, JoB, JM
                2 - SR | 1 - JR | 1 - SO | 2 - FR
                I'll go ahead and say it... Maybe this purge was needed. Goshox

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think many of you need to take a step back. On both sides. Gregg Marshall, warts and all, would be a step up coaching wise for more than 90% of teams out there.

It is also apparent that he isn't for everyone (media, fans, players, refs etc) he is who he is. That said, he probably needs to adapt, especially in a conference where your baseline for recruits is top 150. In the Valley, any overlooked, no star, chip on his shoulder, diamond in the rough player would bust down walls for whatever coach took a chance on him. Not so in the American. These kids were recruited across the board, by big schools and small, even bluebloods. Their expectations are different.

All of that said, in year three, Wichita State was probably making the dance, playing in a tough conference, with and against better athletes. That wouldn't have happened in Marshall wasn't a pretty damned good coach. Those that want him gone or think he's over his head are crazy, those that think there aren't some concerns are equally crazy. You all need to take a step back and quit bitching.

Lastly, if I ever see another Shocker fan post about how they think they blew it by leaving the Valley, I just may vomit. Seriously. If your idea of getting into the dance is being the biggest tadpole in the smallest puddle, well have at it, but that is lame. As Ric Flair would say, "If you wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man!” And you can't for one second that win or lose, the entertainment of seeing grown-ass men playing for Houston, Cincy and Memphis isn't a hell of a lot more fun than showing up on a snowy Saturday to watch the Shockers put up 80 on Evansville.

Okay, now everybody can pile on me, but seriously, it ain't perfect in Wichita, but it ain't bad either.
                  Well said MVJ. It takes a little perspective from outside. People - step back. It’s going to be ok. GM has been a head coach for many years. He will make adjustments and keep winning.

Comment

Did you also dominate a local legend (Ricky Ross?) in a playground one on one basketball thrashing where your invention, the crossover, left him speechless, and won you some free burritos?

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

DD knows basketball.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

I'll go ahead and say it... Maybe this purge was needed. Goshox
                        If not needed at least not as detrimental (in the long run) as it may seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Did you also dominate a local legend (Ricky Ross?) in a playground one on one basketball thrashing where your invention, the crossover, left him speechless, and won you some free burritos?
                          DON'T bring up the burritos! For the love of God!

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

If not needed at least not as detrimental (in the long run) as it may seem.
                            Agreed and who knows about the short term. Just depends on who we bring in now. Hit on 2-3 guys and we might not drop quite as drastically next year as many understandably expect.

No guarantee that happens. I understand why people wouldn’t be optimistic. We’ll see.

Comment

hemiroids? Those are steroids turbo charged by a high powered Chrysler engine, correct?

Comment

• I wish the remaining departure(s), if any, would hurry up an announce.

That way, we can focus on the future Shockers and not be in this awkward limbo.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X