2012 Bracket Busters Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays (01/07/12) Bracketbuster Games of Note:

Murray State (RPI #14) at Austin Peay (RPI #274)
    Davidson (RPI #39) vs. Georgia Southern (RPI #241)
    Oral Roberts (RPI #60) vs. South Dakota State (RPI #67)
    Cleveland State (RPI #62) vs. Loyola-Chicago (RPI #278)
    South Dakota State (RPI #67) at Oral Roberts (RPI #60)
    North Dakota State (RPI #76) at Southern Utah (RPI #280)
    Kent State (RPI #87) at Buffalo (RPI #109)
    Weber State (RPI #90) at Portland State (RPI #223)
    New Mexico State (RPI #96) at Louisiana Tech (RPI #237)
    Wisconsin-Milwaukee (RPI #98) vs. Green Bay (RPI #137)
    Loyola-Maryland (RPI #100)
    vs. Canisius (RPI #331)
    Charleston Southern (RPI #125) vs. Coastal Carolina (RPI #150)
    George Mason (RPI #131) vs. Georgia State (RPI #180)
    Utah State (RPI #135) vs. Nevada (RPI #104)
    Green Bay (RPI #137) at Wisconsin-Milwaukee (RPI #98)
    Coastal Carolina (RPI #150) at Charleston Southern (RPI #125)

Commentary:
    Hold on to your hats today, we have 13 games with several potential Bracketbuster teams playing each other. The best games are: Oral Roberts hosting South Dakota State; and, Utah State hosting Nevada. I am pulling for ORU and USU.
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 8, 2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Todays (01/07/12) Bracketbuster Games of Note:

Murray State (RPI #14) at Austin Peay (RPI #274)
      Davidson (RPI #39) vs. Georgia Southern (RPI #241)
      Oral Roberts (RPI #60) vs. South Dakota State (RPI #67)
      Cleveland State (RPI #62) vs. Loyola-Chicago (RPI #278)
      South Dakota State (RPI #67) at Oral Roberts (RPI #60)
      North Dakota State (RPI #76) at Southern Utah (RPI #280)
      Kent State (RPI #87) at Buffalo (RPI #109)
      Weber State (RPI #90) at Portland State (RPI #223)
      New Mexico State (RPI #96) at Louisiana Tech (RPI #237)
      Wisconsin-Milwaukee (RPI #98) vs. Green Bay (RPI #137)
      Loyola-Maryland (RPI #100) vs. Canisius (RPI #331)
      Charleston Southern (RPI #125) vs. Coastal Carolina (RPI #150)
      George Mason (RPI #131) vs. Georgia State (RPI #180)
      Utah State (RPI #135) vs. Nevada (RPI #104)
      Green Bay (RPI #137) at Wisconsin-Milwaukee (RPI #98)
      Coastal Carolina (RPI #150) at Charleston Southern (RPI #125)

Commentary:
      Hold on to your hats today, we have 13 games with several potential Bracketbuster teams playing each other. The best games are: Oral Roberts hosting South Dakota State; and, Utah State hosting Nevada. I am pulling for ORU and USU.
      @WuShock Reaper:, you say there is 13 games, but list 16. Why do you have 3 games repeated on your list? You've done this before.

Other than the first 5, the other games will be irrelevant in the Shock's pursuit of getting their Dance card punched.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        @WuShock Reaper:, you say there is 13 games, but list 16. Why do you have 3 games repeated on your list? You've done this before.

Other than the first 5, the other games will be irrelevant in the Shock's pursuit of getting their Dance card punched.
        Stop picking on a guy who does a lot of work and gives a lot of information. If you think it's irelevant, don't read it. If you cannot accept cut/pasting mistakes, do it yourself.

Thank you @WuShock Reaper:. Some of us appreciate you and this information.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Would have loved to have played Davidson
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The left column is a listing of the top home Bracketbuster teams who play today in descending RPI Rank Order. Therefore, and I am sure you noticed this (@ShockTalk), some of these teams on some days will play each other, just like today. However, if you run your left finger down the first column and count, you get 16 potential teams. I am sure there are a variety of ways to demonstrate this data, I chose a way that I thought would be the easier way for readers to understand.

So for example, yes Oral Roberts (RPI #60) vs. South Dakota State (RPI #67) is repeated, because they ae both home Bracketbuster teams this year. Again, i did this intentionally because I believed it was easier to understand. If you have better ideas, I am always open to making changes that will make the information more useful to the reader.
            Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 7, 2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all your efforts Reaper!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                The left column is a listing of the top home Bracketbuster teams who play today in descending RPI Rank Order. Therefore, and I am sure you noticed this (@ShockTalk), some of these teams on some days will play each other, just like today. However, if you run your left finger down the first column and count, you get 16 potential teams. I am sure there are a variety of ways to demonstrate this data, I chose a way that I thought would be the easier way for readers to understand.

So for example, yes Oral Roberts (RPI #60) vs. South Dakota State (RPI #67) is repeated, because they ae both home Bracketbuster teams this year. Again, i did this intentionally because I believed it was easier to understand. If you have better ideas, I am always open to making changes that will make the information more useful to the reader.
                Thanks @WuShock Reaper:. If you said this earlier, sorry for not noticing it. I figured that it was something other than "cut/pasting mistakes". Now, @im4wsu: will know why as well.

Yup, I made a post earlier that suggested reducing the number of games listed to make the work easier for Reaper (and to make it more pertinent as to Shocker opponents and easier to read). I assumed he saw that, wanted to continue as he was, and I was not repeating the suggestion, merely making a statement.

Thanks for your work on this and other projects Reaper. Oh, I like your Plus/Minus work, too, im4wsu.

Comment

Murray St is leading Austin Peay 49-45 with about 16 minutes left in the game. Murry State must not be too far from AP, there are a lot of Murry St fans there. The crowd sounds about 60/40 for the home team Austin Peay.

The game is on espnU and espn3.

Comment

Great game, Murray State has went on a run and is up 57-45.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Now 57-55 Murry State after a 10-0 run by the Peay.

Comment

I switched over to the Creighton-Bradley game, so I didn't see the rest of the Murray St game but checking the espn scoreboard I see that they won 87-75.

Comment

Todays (01/07/12) Bracketbuster Games of Note: FINAL UPDATE

Murray State (RPI #14) WON
                          at Austin Peay (RPI #274)
                          Davidson (RPI #39) WON vs. Georgia Southern (RPI #241)
                          Oral Roberts (RPI #60) WON vs. South Dakota State (RPI #67)
                          Cleveland State (RPI #62) WON vs. Loyola-Chicago (RPI #278)
                          South Dakota State (RPI #67) LOST at Oral Roberts (RPI #60)
                          Ohio (RPI #69) LOST at Bowling Green (RPI #227)
                          North Dakota State (RPI #76) WON at Southern Utah (RPI #280)
                          Kent State (RPI #87) LOST at Buffalo (RPI #109)
                          Weber State (RPI #90) WON at Portland State (RPI #223)
                          New Mexico State (RPI #96) WON at Louisiana Tech (RPI #237)
                          Wisconsin-Milwaukee (RPI #98) LOST vs. Green Bay (RPI #137)
                          Loyola-Maryland WON (RPI #100)
                          vs. Canisius (RPI #331)
                          Charleston Southern (RPI #125) LOST vs. Coastal Carolina (RPI #150)
                          George Mason WON (RPI #131) vs. Georgia State (RPI #180)
                          Utah State (RPI #135) LOST vs. Nevada (RPI #104)
                          Green Bay (RPI #137) WON at Wisconsin-Milwaukee (RPI #98)
                          Coastal Carolina (RPI #150) WON at Charleston Southern (RPI #125)

Commentary:
                          I think it was a good night for Bracketbuster "Home" teams as the top teams that WSU needed to win won. Side note: both Charleston Southern and Utah State lost at home which hurt our RPI and Strength of Schedule (SOS).
                          Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 8, 2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Todays (01/08/12) Bracketbuster Games of Note:

Iona (RPI #33) at Marist (RPI #267)
                            Butler (RPI #79) at Detroit (RPI #259)
                            Virginia Commonwealth (RPI #88) at Drexel (RPI #138)

Commentary:
                            Certainly, we need Iona to win, however, the best game is the VCU game at Drexel.
                            Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 8, 2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Haven't read much here as I'm not too hot on BracketBusters.

That being said, when are the BB games?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                Haven't read much here as I'm not too hot on BracketBusters.

That being said, when are the BB games?
                                Try a quick Google search. That's what I'd do if I wanted to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X