2012 Bracket Busters Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    How do you oust a commissioner? Anybody know?
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    probably starts with having AD with balls....
    We're screwed!
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
      Well the good news is that Doug Elgin locked ALL Valley teams into the BB for the NEXT 4 YEARS via our TV deal with ESPN during the offseason.

Eff him and eff ESPN. Fire Elgin, cancel the contract, sign one with FSN and CBS/CSTV and move on. Anything is better than being lumped with the future 1-AA conferences of basketball for the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      Down with Elgin! Get him the f*c* out somehow. I don't want to hear him and bracketbusters together anymore.
      Maybe WSU and CU should get together and try to sell themselves as a package deal to the A10. Expand the A10 to 16 teams with two divisions. WSU and CU take a step-up in conference. And the A10 adds two decent RPI teams from schools where mens basketball is king.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
        Maybe WSU and CU should get together and try to sell themselves as a package deal to the A10. Expand the A10 to 16 teams with two divisions. WSU and CU take a step-up in conference. And the A10 adds two decent RPI teams from schools where mens basketball is king.
        I have a feeling the A-10 is headed for a shakeup in the next 3-5 years. It wouldn't be remotely surprising to see them shed some dead weight (Fordham, Duquesne, etc.) and start snapping up the premier basketball-only schools in the area (Butler, Creighton, WSU, Bradley, etc.). There's a niche opening for a basketball-focused conference at the moment- just like there was 30 years ago when the Big East filled it.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling we will be on the outside looking in when the change occurs. Status quo should be this administration's motto.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
          You think the A-10 is a step-up in conference? I have to politely disagree. They have about 3 teams (UMass, Temple, Xavier) that I think could compete in the MVC on a yearly basis, the rest are very average and rarely have more than one season in a row where they're relevant.

We don't need to make rash decisions about leaving our conference due to being screwed in BB every year.

Comment

• I was kind of hoping the Shockers would get caught up in all of the Conference Realignment stuff. Our conference size is great and all, but at least half of the teams or more in the conference are completely useless all season long.

Comment

• The A-10 has media. The problem with the A-10 is that if/when they do shake up, they will be looking at the Colonial and not the mid-west. We need to figure out a way to be like Memphis.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• There's still a lot of inefficiency out there in the basketball-oriented leagues. Too many programs like Creighton, WSU, Dayton, Xavier, etc. who have FANTASTIC attendance and support playing in leagues with Evansville, Drake, Fordham, Duquesne, etc. who commit nothing financially to sustained success. Whether it takes ten or fifty years, eventually the broke schools will get kicked to the curb and the better ones will come together.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  There's still a lot of inefficiency out there in the basketball-oriented leagues. Too many programs like Creighton, WSU, Dayton, Xavier, etc. who have FANTASTIC attendance and support playing in leagues with Evansville, Drake, Fordham, Duquesne, etc. who commit nothing financially to sustained success. Whether it takes ten or fifty years, eventually the broke schools will get kicked to the curb and the better ones will come together.
                  Yeah, but that's what the BCS is saying about schools without Football. We need to get that premeir basketball conference together before someone decides, "no football, no NCAA tourney."
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Yeah, but that's what the BCS is saying about schools without Football. We need to get that premeir basketball conference together before someone decides, "no football, no NCAA tourney."
                    Yep.

Comment

• How important is Bracket Busters to the sports world? I picked up USA Today Sports and had to look through it three times before I found one paragraph buried at the bottom of page eight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        How important is Bracket Busters to the sports world? I picked up USA Today Sports and had to look through it three times before I found one paragraph buried at the bottom of page eight.
                        I am surprised they mentioned it at all.

Comment

• Just another statistical point of proof regarding the ESPN Bracketbuster Matchups. I ran a little analysis of the "expected" matchup versus the "actual" matchup of all 142 teams then regrouped back to the conference level to see how much variance there was between the two data points. This is what came back. A positive number (green) means you were treated more favorably. A negative number (red) means you were treated less favorably.

­1. West Coast - 5.0
                          2. MEAC - 2.3
                          3. Big West - 2.1
                          4. Southland - 1.3
                          5. Colonial - 1.2
                          6. Horizon - 0.8
                          6. Big Sky - 0.8
                          8. America East - 0.7
                          9. Southern - 0.0
                          9. Mid-American - 0.0
                          11. Big South – (0.8)
                          11. Ohio Valley - (0.8)
                          13. Metro Atlantic - (1.5)
                          14. WAC - (1.8 )
                          15. Summit League - (1.8)
                          16. Missouri Valley - (2.1)

Here are the individual scores for each team in the MVC.

1. Illinois State - 2
                          1. Southern Illinois - 2
                          3. Evansville - 1
                          4. Creighton - (1)
                          5. Missouri State - (2)
                          5. Wichita State - (2)
                          5. Drake -(2)
                          8. Northern Iowa - (4)
                          9. Indiana State - (5)
                          10. Bradley - (10)
                          Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 31, 2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Aggh!!! What does it mean?!

*edit* Oh I can read it clearly now. Html codes were running rampant at first.
                            Last edited by ShockerPhi; January 31, 2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Aggh!!! What does it mean?!
                              The MVC was treated the worst of all the conferences and Bradley was treated really bad.
                              Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 31, 2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• UNI at -4, and everyone thinks VCU got screwed??

Comment

Working...
                                X