2012 Bracket Busters Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    In Doub Gottlieb's bubble watch video that accompanied the Alabama story he mentions the Shocks upcoming games with UNI and Creighton.
    I found Gottlieb's whole story on WSU very offensive. First he has us on the bubble. And second he says IF WE BEAT BOTH UNI AND CU THIS WEEK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING AN AT LARGE even if we don't win Arch Madness.

This BcS **** is really starting to bother me.

Comment

• I feel your pain here at Cleveland State we drew a no win situation playing a very good Drexel team with an RPI in the 80s so if we win we gain little if we lose we lose any hopes (as long shot as they might be) of getting an at large.

I really wanted to see you guys play Murray State...and to top it off we both have the early games at 11 AM. Just terrible ESPN screwed us both.
      2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
      2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
      2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
      2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
      The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Todays (02/08/12) ESPN Bracketbuster Games of Note: FINAL UPDATE

Northern Iowa (RPI #55) BB Opponent - at VCU (RPI #85) WON - vs. Towson (RPI #297)
        at Missouri State (RPI #82) BB Opponent - Old Dominion (RPI #120) WON at William & Mary (RPI #308)
        Southern Illinois (RPI #224) BB Opponent - at Ball State (RPI #233) LOST vs. Bowling Green (RPI #175)

Commentary:

These are the MVC Bracketbuster opponent(s) and we (the MVC) need each of the (bolded and underlined) team(s) to win today.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
          Davidson's winning games doesn't help us much when they are playing teams that have a RPI of 300.
          It could be worse, 3 -- they could lose instead. They can only help as much as the schedule allows.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            I found Gottlieb's whole story on WSU very offensive. First he has us on the bubble. And second he says IF WE BEAT BOTH UNI AND CU THIS WEEK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING AN AT LARGE even if we don't win Arch Madness.

This BcS **** is really starting to bother me.
            Just consider the source, '89. Your typo in his name ("Doub") was actually right on. He IS a Doub.

Comment

• Gottlieb did say that we could lose our bracket buster game AND Arch Madness and probably have an at large bid if we win out this week. To be fair. I wouldn't start including him with Andy Katz or anything at this point, he seems to be rooting for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by skywalker30 View Post
                Gottlieb did say that we could lose our bracket buster game AND Arch Madness and probably have an at large bid if we win out this week. To be fair. I wouldn't start including him with Andy Katz or anything at this point, he seems to be rooting for us.
                If we win ARCH MADNESS we get the auto bid, so I am not sure why he mentioned that anyway. I just don't like the fact that he says we are on the bubble (when even Lunardi has us safely in right now) and he says that we have to beat UNI and then CU and then we PROBABLY have an at-large bid if we lose our BB game (and Arch Madness).

I guess it also bothered me because it seems like he has been more supportive of WSU in the past.

Comment

• Todays (02/09/12) ESPN Bracketbuster Games of Note:

Wichita State (RPI #18) BB Opponent - at Davidson (RPI #64) at Citadel (RPI #338)
                  at Creighton (RPI #22) BB Opponent - Long Beach State (RPI #35) at Pacific (RPI #268)
                  Drake (RPI #130) BB Opponent - at New Mexico State (RPI #82) at Idaho (RPI #188)
                  Indiana State (RPI #131) BB Opponent - at Butler (RPI #148) at Youngstown State (RPI #142)
                  at Evansville (RPI #154) BB Opponent - Western Illinois (RPI #204) at Southern Utah (RPI #242)

Commentary:

These are the MVC Bracketbuster opponent(s) and we (the MVC) need each of the (bolded and underlined) team(s) to win today.

All five teams are on the road tonight.
                  Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 10, 2012, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Nice! Didnt realize our RPI went up to 18
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Murry State's rpi dropped to #52 on liverpi.com after their loss to Tennessee State. They probably do have to beat St. Mary's College now just to get an large bid to the dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        Murry State's rpi dropped to #52 on liverpi.com after their loss to Tennessee State. They probably do have to beat St. Mary's College now just to get an large bid to the dance.
                        They'll most likely win their league for the automatic.

Comment

• I definitely agree that we shouldn't be in that conversation. I think it was more of him covering his bases since we have been known to blow awesome seasons with losses down the stretch. Two or three losses in the conference and we would get snubbed.

I don't know about everyone else, but I will be angry when the PAC 12 manages to get 3-4 bds despite their single top 50 rpi victory outside of the conference. They don't deserve 2 teams.

Comment

• St. Mary's lost by 14. Suck it, ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              St. Mary's lost by 14. Suck it, ESPN.
                              Wow, the luster has come off of their dream match up. IMO, SMC should still drill them.

Comment

• Todays (02/09/12) ESPN Bracketbuster Games of Note: FINAL UPDATE

Wichita State (RPI #18) BB Opponent - at Davidson (RPI #64) WON at Citadel (RPI #338)
                                at Creighton (RPI #22) BB Opponent - Long Beach State (RPI #35) WON at Pacific (RPI #268)
                                Drake (RPI #130) BB Opponent - at New Mexico State (RPI #82) LOST at Idaho (RPI #188)
                                Indiana State (RPI #131) BB Opponent - at Butler (RPI #148) WON at Youngstown State (RPI #142)
                                at Evansville (RPI #154) BB Opponent - Western Illinois (RPI #204) LOST at Southern Utah (RPI #242)

Commentary:

All five teams are on the road tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X