No announcement yet.

2012 Bracket Busters Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we didn't get the match up we wanted. Stop blaming Katz. We didn't understand his predictions, but so what. The real blame lies with the Shox for losing to a 9 loss Drake team plain and simple. They win, I firmly believe we face MSU.

This match up is a disaster for the Shox. Given the travel, time of game, solid opponent and our piss poor history in Bracket Buster games, this is probably a loss. Davidson goes 8 deep and they did beat KU (although they did jack up 33 three pointers to do it). At selection Sunday, Davidson will be shown as a quality win on our resume' if we make it as an at-large. Get over the fact about who we are facing and start stressing about winning the game.

Comment

• CU got screwed over major, too.

Seriously, how can Elgin ever show his face at an MVC game again? He'd better wear sunglasses and a fake beard.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Yeah, we didn't get the match up we wanted. Stop blaming Katz. We didn't understand his predictions, but so what. The real blame lies with the Shox for losing to a 9 loss Drake team plain and simple. They win, I firmly believe we face MSU.
        I don't buy the logic....because it means WSU loss to Drake screwed CU? I don't think CU destiny in BB was in WSU hands. ESPN wanted the St. Marys and MS matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I don't buy the logic....because it means WSU loss to Drake screwed CU? I don't think CU destiny in BB was in WSU hands. ESPN wanted the St. Marys and MS matchup.
          IMO, we beat Drake, we face MSU hands down. That would move St. Marys to play Creighton.

Comment

IMO, we beat Drake, we face MSU hands down. That would move St. Marys to play Creighton.
            Then I guess karma got the last laugh when CU fans where celebrating drakes victory.

Comment

There is a good chance that is correct, though with how far we dropped on the pecking order it makes me believe that they were never going to give us that game. Though surely losing to Drake didnt cost us a match up with Oral Roberts seeing how we are still well ahead of them in the rpi

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
                There is a good chance that is correct, though with how far we dropped on the pecking order it makes me believe that they were never going to give us that game. Though surely losing to Drake didnt cost us a match up with Oral Roberts seeing how we are still well ahead of them in the rpi
                I'm just throwing it out there, but does pairing us with an east coast team 'capture' a larger tv audience? Would an ORU and WSU make for good tv nationally? I don't know, but perhaps that has something to do with it. Like Mangino once quipped, "dollar signs". It seems all the marquee games on TV have teams pitted against each other who are separated considerably geographically.

Comment

• If you listened to the Coaches Show, you heard Coach mention the 3 teams he wrote down. He prefaced it with the fact that in the 5 previous years, he hadn't gotten anyone on that list. His list was Murray State, Oral Roberts, and Davidson College.

I am strongly thinking of making the trip. Anyone else going?

Comment

I'm just throwing it out there, but does pairing us with an east coast team 'capture' a larger tv audience? Would an ORU and WSU make for good tv nationally? I don't know, but perhaps that has something to do with it. Like Mangino once quipped, "dollar signs". It seems all the marquee games on TV have teams pitted against each other who are separated considerably geographically.
                    Davidson is a private school with an attendance is less than 2,000=to Newman in Wichita, I don't think this matchup has anything to do with ratings.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      If you listened to the Coaches Show, you heard Coach mention the 3 teams he wrote down. He prefaced it with the fact that in the 5 previous years, he hadn't gotten anyone on that list. His list was Murray State, Oral Roberts, and Davidson College.

I am strongly thinking of making the trip. Anyone else going?

Only if there is room on the charter!

Comment

• KC makes good points, God Bless his wife.

The other thing about the bracketbuster, as has been mentioned many times, is it's generally as good or better than most of our non-con schedule. Get out of this game, and it will be replaced with a 200-350 RPI killer I promise.

My problem is it generally is better for the other team than for us....when do things start being better for us? That's the question I have for Mr. Elgin and Dr. Sexton.

We're better for the Valley than the Valley is for us....we're better for the BB than the BB is for us....when does this change?

And yeah, Creighton got screwed worse than we did.

Comment

• Couple non-affiliated fans I talked two mentioned 2 things: a) Valley got screwed. b) What happens if Creighton loses this game, fails to win a few more MVC games, loses to Wichita State, and finds itself out 1st round of the tourney. Is it's resume still strong enough at that point? They think no.

Comment

• I wonder if there will be potential recruits at the game..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                              Davidson is a private school with an attendance is less than 2,000=to Newman in Wichita, I don't think this matchup has anything to do with ratings.
                              I agree. If they thought this game was a ratings winner they wouldn't have given us the 11am time slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                KC makes good points, God Bless his wife.

The other thing about the bracketbuster, as has been mentioned many times, is it's generally as good or better than most of our non-con schedule. Get out of this game, and it will be replaced with a 200-350 RPI killer I promise.

My problem is it generally is better for the other team than for us....when do things start being better for us? That's the question I have for Mr. Elgin and Dr. Sexton.

We're better for the Valley than the Valley is for us....we're better for the BB than the BB is for us....when does this change?

And yeah, Creighton got screwed worse than we did.
                                You know my wife? She's got a rough week ahead with some major events going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X