No announcement yet.

I"m Calling Out You, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang as much as we talk about our players if they are supporting each other and about playing time. Maybe we need a come to Jesus meeting. Ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
      Dang as much as we talk about our players if they are supporting each other and about playing time. Maybe we need a come to Jesus meeting. Ourselves.
      Hi...I am SHOXAAC...and I am a shockernet.net member.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Gone for a while and check in to see that we are still arguing about opinions. I thought we were one unified voice. Weird.
        Trump effect

Comment

Wu, looks like your talk, which was good, worked....:)

Comment

The BBIQ has been called into question this year. The MBIQ (Message Board IQ) leaves no doubt.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hello my name is... El_Wu... and I'm addicted to shockernet.net. When the off season is done i do not know what to do with my life so i hold on to all the anger. But when basketball season comes back i let everything that has boiled up release to shockernet. I think i need help.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  If you go back and read my posts, you’ll see that I stated that HCGM is still better than 90% of the options. His trendline is down and not commensurate with the resources allocated. I’ve also been pretty clear that I agree we ARE in a rebuild and that is my number one complaint. The really good programs don’t do rebuilds. Squad and class management are a big part of HCGM’s job. He bet the house on that 17-18 team and crapped out. We’re still trying to repair that damage.

I figured somewhere between 1-4 with an 8ish to 9ish seed. I also figured Memphis would be the team to beat, so wtf do I know? We are smaller and less athletic than I thought. We’re not any younger than Houston or Memphis really, other posters have demonstrated this mathematically, and we had a lot of returning players. I was more right about our relative lack of length after the WVU game than I had convinced myself after playing the two Oklahoma schools.

To borrow some soccer terms, our results have been close to expectations, but our recent form has been poor. I’m not trying to have a flame war on every thread, but, I am tired of my position being misstated. You can disagree with my premise, but don’t put words in my mouth.
                  Go look at their roster, we are younger than Houston.

They have 9 guys who average more than 10MPG. Of those 9, 5 are juniors or seniors.

We have 8 guys who average more than 10MPG. Of those 8, 2 are Juniors or seniors.

They have 6 guys who average more than 8 PPG. Of those 6, 1 is a true freshman, 3 are sophomores or RS frosh, one junior, one RS junior.

We also have 6 guys who average more than 8 PPG. Of those 6, 2 are true freshmen, 3 are sophomores, and 1 is a Senior.

If you have a problem with a rebuild/reload because of our resources allocated again I point out 2011-2012 Villanova (13-19, no NCAA tourney), 2013 UK (First round NIT loss to Robert Morris) and 2019-2020 UNC (currently 13-17, no NCAA, likely no NIT). If you were a fan of those teams would you be saying the same things about Roy, Jay, and Cal?

Our worst year (2018-2019) since Marshall got things going resulted in a 22-15 record and an NIT semifinals appearance with wins at Indiana and Clemson.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Go look at their roster, we are younger than Houston.

They have 9 guys who average more than 10MPG. Of those 9, 5 are juniors or seniors.

We have 8 guys who average more than 10MPG. Of those 8, 2 are Juniors or seniors.

They have 6 guys who average more than 8 PPG. Of those 6, 1 is a true freshman, 3 are sophomores or RS frosh, one junior, one RS junior.

We also have 6 guys who average more than 8 PPG. Of those 6, 2 are true freshmen, 3 are sophomores, and 1 is a Senior.

If you have a problem with a rebuild/reload because of our resources allocated again I point out 2011-2012 Villanova (13-19, no NCAA tourney), 2013 UK (First round NIT loss to Robert Morris) and 2019-2020 UNC (currently 13-17, no NCAA, likely no NIT). If you were a fan of those teams would you be saying the same things about Roy, Jay, and Cal?

Our worst year (2018-2019) since Marshall got things going resulted in a 22-15 record and an NIT semifinals appearance with wins at Indiana and Clemson.
                    Lets keep this going.

Comment

Rehab is for quitters. ..I crave the chaos, I dig the dysfunction! Fan is short for fanatic for a reason!!

Comment

On another subject. So i heard there is a conspiracy that Roy will be out next season. There are rumors that Texas Tech coach will replace him. He was down there for supposedly to see practice but rumors has it that it was for coach interview. Just heard it thru the grapevine. And as for Marshall be prepared to hear his name around for another Power 5 program coach alert. Can say which school it is but just a rumor again.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                          On another subject. So i heard there is a conspiracy that Roy will be out next season. There are rumors that Texas Tech coach will replace him. He was down there for supposedly to see practice but rumors has it that it was for coach interview. Just heard it thru the grapevine. And as for Marshall be prepared to hear his name around for another Power 5 program coach alert. Can say which school it is but just a rumor again.
                          Really? Chris Beard is interviewing for another job in the middle of the season? Yeah, right. Not to mention, Roy has the #3 recruiting class in the country coming in next season.

This reeks of a far-fetched rumor unless you have legitimate sources within Texas Tech athletics or UNC athletics. I can't even find this on the UNC message boards, let alone Texas Tech. There's almost a zero chance that if this were happening, it would not be on a message board already.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Really? Chris Beard is interviewing for another job in the middle of the season? Yeah, right. Not to mention, Roy has the #3 recruiting class in the country coming in next season.

This reeks of a far-fetched rumor unless you have legitimate sources within Texas Tech athletics or UNC athletics. I can't even find this on the UNC message boards, let alone Texas Tech. There's almost a zero chance that if this were happening, it would not be on a message board already.
                            Didn't you hear I was in Lubbock a couple of weeks ago? I drove within sight of Tech's arena as I was driving on highway 82 on my way to the IHOP. I'm pretty sure I have a shot at the job when Beard pulls the UNC trigger. I went out and bought some dominoes so I'm ready for them to fall in the right direction.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I’m not a subscriber to tech so I can’t see the article. They kept it on the DL

Comment

Working...
                                X