WSU at SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    But again, this is a Special team and we were to expect a special season. I’m not feeling anything special.
    Who was expecting that? Pre-season most reasonable people thought we would improve and be in the conversation for an NCAA bid. Exactly where we are.

Comment

• Comeback to overcome a 24 point deficit and snag a big win on the road—> pissing contest. Holy shockernet.
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Jank was not any more happy than Larry Brown was at the Round-House when our beloved Shocks defeated Danny Manning and the Miracles many moons ago at 21st. and Hillside.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• In retrospect, the players kept their composure but I think Marshall gets a lot of credit. The complaint in the first half was a lack of adjustments, and he not only started using his timeouts but also committed to a zone, switched from the ball-screen to a 1-3-1 zone offense that kept setting up Dexter, and set us up to play a great final minute.

That 40-12 run was Marshall's best coaching all year, and not just because we got hot. Even the time management and late game X's and O's that isn't his strength worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

They went to man for one or two possessions during our run but we were able to get the ball inside to Ech who kicked it out for a DD3.
            And that may have been the best kick-out Jaime made all-season (not that there are a lot of candidates to pick from).
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              In retrospect, the players kept their composure but I think Marshall gets a lot of credit. The complaint in the first half was a lack of adjustments, and he not only started using his timeouts but also committed to a zone, switched from the ball-screen to a 1-3-1 zone offense that kept setting up Dexter, and set us up to play a great final minute.

That 40-12 run was Marshall's best coaching all year, and not just because we got hot. Even the time management and late game X's and O's that isn't his strength worked out.
              A 40-12 run in the final, what? 13.5 minutes. Almost 3 points per minute for the Shocks vs a little less than 1 per minute for SMU. Amazing.

Comment

• It’s probably been said but SMU was undefeated at home in conference play. They did have a home non-conference loss to Georgetown.

Comment

• Hopefully this win means we don’t have to read another Cougar1976 rant about the need to hire Furman’s coach to replace HCGM because he does one helluva good press conference

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post

No chance
                    Hello

Comment

• JB's block/charge call was HUGE

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I finally picked myself up off the floor. That was nuts. I'm going to have to rewatch the 2nd half again, and again, and again.

Go Shocks!
                        We can get our recruits in here and show them the highlights of this along with a few Book-End, X-Man, FVV-Baker-Cle highlights just for kicks.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• That was unbelievable. We were done and DD went on a 3 rampage. Supporting players did their things and we punched the at large ticket unless we lose to Tulsa. Crazy!

Comment

• Everyone in the universe except Jank new that home run ball was coming...unbelievable

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

who schooled who?
                              He adjusted, finally! And as much as I may point out the flaws, I'm also then who points out when he does it right.
                              he called a T/O, finally after SMU runs of 14-2 and 13-2. Then... he adjusted both the offensive and defensive schemes.
                              Brilliant...I guess. Why do you have to get 24 points down before making changes?
                              However, he finally did and with a career game from DD, was part of the biggest WSU I can remember...and I've been WSU goofy for 40 years now!

The offensive switch to a 1-3-1 and the defensive pressure in the back court transitioning into the zone threw SMU off and our good friend Jank did was he does - nothing!
                              Thankfully he is even worse at adjusting from his pregame plan. And daddy Larry isn't around to tutor him anymore.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

Well, the next time you "stand by everything you said", hold a big sign that says "I stand by everything I said...but I'm not that smart."
                                Funniest thing I’ve read in a while!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X