Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Who honestly believes we're going to win out to DFW?
    Yes I think we can beat Temple ...

Oh you mean the SECOND time we go to DFW ... the aac tourney ... Not his weekend versus SMU ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes I think we can beat Temple ...

Oh you mean the SECOND time we go to DFW ... the aac tourney ... Not his weekend versus SMU ...
      he means win the next 4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

he means win the next 4
        I obviously knew that by what i posted ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

In the closing couple minutes of the game Stevenson shot every time he touched the ball. The only shots taken by anybody except ES were the missed follows by JE and JB on one of Stevenson's shots. With 30 seconds left, down by 2, there was a play called. Stevenson had the ball and signaled to abandon the play, and for everyone to clear out so he could go iso against Cumberland. He dribbled for 10 seconds and put up a 22' shot. At that time he was 1/7 from 3. Cumberland gave him room for the shot - imagine that. The look with 20 seconds left was no better than the look with 30 seconds left.

Stevenson dribbled 10 seconds off the clock looking for a way to get past Cumberland? When Cumberland was playing him loose and daring him to put up a 3? That's not coaching - that's a player not respecting coaching.

I suspect there was some lack of execution of the game plan in the final minutes of the game.
          I was a hardass, but I dunno how long it would take for me to put Erik back on the floor

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Sure am glad we have GM as our coach instead of all these brilliant basketball minds who have never won a D1 game
            coaching or probably never having played any competitive basketball themselves. How many D1 wins does GM have?
            Any of you negative posters have any? AND he runs a clean program many of us are very proud of. I am disgusted at
            the Cincy thread and what I have read but you fair weather fans just keep posting your depressing views.
            People can be critical and not be fair weather fans.

Just like you can sunshine pump your way to work on your unicorn and be a fan.

People have a right to be frustrated and are free to handle it anyway they choose.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Wichita State went into Cincinnati's house where they are very difficult to beat. UC had their backs were up against the wall - this game looked like a must-win for them. They have played too many games in too few days, plus four straight OT games. You pushed UC down to the wire. But UC has the reigning Conference Player of the Year and two other returning upperclassmen playing major minutes. Still, Wichita almost pulled the game out. It was fun to watch.

Now Wichita has their back up against the wall - can't afford to lose any of the next four, really. What will your young team do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Class of 85 View Post
                Wichita State went into Cincinnati's house where they are very difficult to beat. UC had their backs were up against the wall - this game looked like a must-win for them. They have played too many games in too few days, plus four straight OT games. You pushed UC down to the wire. But UC has the reigning Conference Player of the Year and two other returning upperclassmen playing major minutes. Still, Wichita almost pulled the game out. It was fun to watch.

Now Wichita has their back up against the wall - can't afford to lose any of the next four, really. What will your young team do?
                and who is your team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                  I will take our Coach every day forever with some of your perceived faults. I’m frustrated like everyone else but talking as though his salary entitles fans to x wins per year and to appear in the tournament every year is not reality based. Especially funny coming from those who aren’t paying it. If you think we are going to plug in someone else that will just start blowing past greggs accomplishments,, you are sadly mistaken. Talking like that hastens your chance of finding out. Yet again we have won 20 games and in conversation all year long. Coach should be in HOF. I hope he doesn’t go anywhere else because you guys can Coach better.
                  You are so right Man!!!!!!! I am glad that you are not afraid to tell the truth. Some of you guys need to get a grip. Look at our 7 losses with this young team. Other than the Houston games we were in all the games. Only down 4 with 3 minutes against West Virginia with only 1 day to prepare. Look at the 3 point shooting yesterday and against Tulsa. As Taylor Eldridge said in the newspaper many wide open 3 point shots missed. All the coaching in the world cannot fix that when you shoot like sht. Speaking of shooting, look at the box score against Temple. Its a game that is coming up and I certainly hope we don't shoot the same way we did in that first game. TW, ES, DD, TE, and GS 1-17. Are you kidding me?

And for all you fans talking about sitting down JE, but who are you going to put in? Yeah I get it. Sometime JE plays soft and holds the ball to long on a double team. Maybe MU but not those other two. AM and IPBC?. Please give me a break!!!!! Both have been here long enough that they should be contributing more. If they could play they would be in there more.

I am frustrated like many of you with these close losses but lets try and keep it real. Our team is young and they do stupid things on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

Great, now a sexual scandal
                    Should not have laughed... I’m sorry

Comment

• Here’s the standard last second play when you have to go the length of the court. There is a second longer on this play which gave them time for a layup.......
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• I went back and looked at the stats for our 7 losses. Of the 7 losses, 5 were very winnable games. All we had to do in those games was just shoot 40% or better from the field.

Coach Marshall recruited shooters for this year's team because last year's team was not a very good shooting team. At some point, we have to consider this year's team is also not a very good shooting team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          . At some point, we have to consider this year's team is also not a very good shooting team.
                          I think we are at that point

Comment

• Shockers have a good record really, considering that there are 12 teams in the top 25 with either 7, 8, or 9 losses.

If they can show well at Memphis like they showed well yesterday they're still alive. But if they get embarrassed like they did at Houston, which is possible...
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 24, 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Its not just Lunardi. Its literally EVERY single person doing a bracket.
                              lol that’s all you come back with?

No wonder you don’t post much.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                My answer to shockerfever is this. When did I ever tell GM how many minutes AM or any other player should play?
                                I have merely defended his play in response to some very low BBIQ haters who like to pick at every thing he does
                                wrong. Fans can certainly criticize all they want but lately it seems that is the only thing they are capable of and I
                                find it counter productive. I'd bet most have never played or coached at a very competitive level in their lives. I suspect
                                some may even have questionable motives regarding our program and coach.
                                You say all the time that he should be playing more and get a chance to “prove himself”.

Lately? Hmm I wonder if that correlates with our quality of play lately?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X