No announcement yet.

Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any criticism of JE is laughable. He should receive more touches if anything. It's my thought he'll have big games the rest of the way and will make certain the team makes it to the dance.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
      Any criticism of JE is laughable. He should receive more touches if anything. It's my thought he'll have big games the rest of the way and will make certain the team makes it to the dance.
      man, i hope jaime gets the senior good finish, postseason. marshall better step it the f^c* up.

Comment

• Turnovers killed us.......If you're going to drive the ball into a crowd please kick the ball out for a open shot! Watch FVV videos he does this so well.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Turnovers killed us.......If you're going to drive the ball into a crowd please kick the ball out for a open shot! Watch FVV videos he does this so well.
          FVV used peripheral vision to figure out who would be open and drew specific defenders to make that plan evolve -- and he sorted that out BEFORE he started his drive. Our youngin's start driving and THEN try to start seeing what's available to them AFTER they are in traffic -- and surprise we get it stolen or have to try and get bailed out by a completely contested layup/short jumper because they can't see who to dish it to.

Be aware of your team's shape and know what you are going to do before you even GET the ball, let alone before you try to penetrate. Yes, there is a time when your first and second option will shut down unexpectedly, and you may have to get creative, but generally that's just not the case.

I think our guards are focusing more on the position of the defense in front of them, than the position of their comrades and how they can lure defenders into bad positioning for the kick out.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Totally.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

FVV used peripheral vision to figure out who would be open and drew specific defenders to make that plan evolve -- and he sorted that out BEFORE he started his drive. Our youngin's start driving and THEN try to start seeing what's available to them AFTER they are in traffic -- and surprise we get it stolen or have to try and get bailed out by a completely contested layup/short jumper because they can't see who to dish it to.

Be aware of your team's shape and know what you are going to do before you even GET the ball, let alone before you try to penetrate. Yes, there is a time when your first and second option will shut down unexpectedly, and you may have to get creative, but generally that's just not the case.

I think our guards are focusing more on the position of the defense in front of them, than the position of their comrades and how they can lure defenders into bad positioning for the kick out.
              FVV plays chess whilst others are playing checkers.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
              X